Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":24pvc313 said:
Marvin49":24pvc313 said:
There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.

I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.
Well said.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1ti2k8v3 said:
TeamoftheCentury":1ti2k8v3 said:
I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.
Not when Alex looks like the pre-Harbaugh Alex under Reid.
Is that a "what if" guess or a prediction? Is there a particular reason why you might think Alex Smith would regress under Reid?

The only reason I can come up with is schadenfreude.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ezukym0 said:
Marvin49":1ezukym0 said:
There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.

I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.

I don't expect anyone here to think Kaep is as good as Wilson. I just find it amusing how much people need to talk about Kaep here and point out just about any negative thing they can come up with to put the guy down. It's alright...no worries...I just find it amusing. It seems there are more Kaepernick threads here than on Niner sites...and none of them are started here by Niner fans.

I have no prob with the hype on Wilson. I liked him coming out of college and I like him now. I'm just saying lets not call the guy "the very best" just yet. Very small sample size. I'm not putting Kaep there either.

A couple things tho....

1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

3) In the Super Bowl, he had his first NFL 300 yard game and came 5 yards short of the largest comeback in SB history...in his freakin 10th NFL start. Come on now....give the guy some credit.

4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".

BTW...to answer a previous poster....I post here because its far more fun in the LONG, LONG offseason to debate people who don't already agree with you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2ccrx0o7 said:
Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.

...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2kmo75tq said:
SmokinHawk":2kmo75tq said:

...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.

Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CANHawk":2lwcus8f said:
Marvin49":2lwcus8f said:
SmokinHawk":2lwcus8f said:

Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.

I think thats a bit of an inferiority complex. Wilson gets tons of hype right now. Nobody is disrespecting him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":34irvfd4 said:
The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.

I actually agree to a point about the first part, but the reason for that is that they lacked depth in the front 7.

My initial point tho was simply that Wilson wasn't the only guy that lit them up down the stretch.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Marvin49":1t1lvfy0 said:
TeamoftheCentury":1t1lvfy0 said:

I actually agree to a point about the first part, but the reason for that is that they lacked depth in the front 7.

My initial point tho was simply that Wilson wasn't the only guy that lit them up down the stretch.
Wilson and the Seahawks exposed them. The Ravens benefited greatly until the 2nd Halftime.

CANHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":1a32p9ts said:
Marvin49":1a32p9ts said:
SmokinHawk":1a32p9ts said:

Marvin49":1a32p9ts said:
I think thats a bit of an inferiority complex. Wilson gets tons of hype right now. Nobody is disrespecting him.

Hey... my eyes are up here pal. Stop staring at my bulge...

SDHawk

Reaction score
I like Kaep. In terms of physical ability, he is as good as any in the league.

However, in terms of intangibles, Russell Wilson is far ahead of Kaep. There are only 3 or 4 other QBs I would rather have holding the ball in the final 2 minutes of the game. That said, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady aren't exactly what you would call freak athletes. What sets them apart are their leadership and poise. That kind of leadership and poise isn't a product of physical tools, it's a consequence of intellectual and emotional capital that should only really come with time. Nothing get's me more excited than the thought of seeing Russell Wilson in his prime, perhaps many years from now. It only gets better and that's saying something for a team that already among the favorites to win a Super Bowl.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ovhgowg said:
SmokinHawk":1ovhgowg said:

Oh, I am familiar with the story. I still think it's stupid. There are far less douchetastic ways to honor a deity.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":20vx2x5d said:
Marvin49":20vx2x5d said:
SmokinHawk":20vx2x5d said:

Oh, I am familiar with the story. I still think it's stupid. There are far less douchetastic ways to honor a deity.

...and now I know FOR SURE that you don't know why he does it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":hhfvv67r said:
Marvin49":hhfvv67r said:
TeamoftheCentury":hhfvv67r said:

Wilson and the Seahawks exposed them. The Ravens benefited greatly until the 2nd Halftime.

To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2wm0tp6a said:
NinerLifer":2wm0tp6a said:
TeamoftheCentury":2wm0tp6a said:
I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.
Not when Alex looks like the pre-Harbaugh Alex under Reid.
Is that a "what if" guess or a prediction? Is there a particular reason why you might think Alex Smith would regress under Reid?

The only reason I can come up with is schadenfreude.

Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Marvin49":35hyhscl said:

Wasn't directed at me, but I'll chime in anyway.

Do I know why he does it? Nope.

Could I google it and read all about Kaperdink? Sure, but I don't care. :Dunno:

Much more fun to just accept he's a douche and move on to far more interesting things.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1vu4k07s said:
Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.

I'm with you on this one.

I want Alex to succeed because he's a good kid and because it would improve the Niners pick but I have a feeling he's going to regress with Harbaugh out of the picture.

Marvin49

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3hssr5wx said:
Marvin49":3hssr5wx said:

Wasn't directed at me, but I'll chime in anyway.

Do I know why he does it? Nope.

Could I google it and read all about Kaperdink? Sure, but I don't care. :Dunno:

Much more fun to just accept he's a douche and move on to far more interesting things.

Yup....don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Understood. :D

CANHawk

Reaction score
The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

Papaki":3hwn9psg said:
"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :p "

What a fricken douche-nozzle.