Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Wow, do people even watch Russell Wilson before they sum it all up for us, or do they just base everything off of Mel Kiper and the gang...? He's too short, can only do the run option, not really a pocket passer, doesn't have the arm strength??? Maybe I need to see a lot more of Kaepernick, he has played well, but I don't see him as better than Wilson.

Arm Strength - Kaep (I actually would like to see these two guys throw in a contest)
    Accuracy - Wilson (but barely)
    Athleticism - Kaep - (not so sure about that, taller maybe)
    Star Power - Kaep (not sure what this even means)
    Leadership - Kaep??? (what planet is this guy on?)
    and Kaep is the winner!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681 ... west-crown

I need actual games where they actually can show who is better. I can't wait for the season to unfold (funny but I also can't wait for the 49ers to "unfold" when we play them)
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• They're both really good, exciting young qb's. People are allowed their opinions and some will think Kaep is better. I don't understand the obsession we have with him on this board.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Bleacher.

Report.

Do you/we even need to consider the method behind this? They'll never give RW the respect we feel he deserves because all that site peddles is half formed thoughts from half formed minds.
    Hey, Phil Rivers, you just got an Earl Necklace!
    duckypoo
    NET Starter

• "Star Power"

LOL

What is this...Super Mario?

I actually like Bleacher Report because of the bad articles. It's fun to see what kind of BS your amateur sports fan can churn out and then read all the hundreds of troll comments at the bottom. It's great entertainment when I'm bored at work.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• duckypoo wrote:Bleacher.

Report.

Do you/we even need to consider the method behind this? They'll never give RW the respect we feel he deserves because all that site peddles is half formed thoughts from half formed minds.

The ratings bleacher report or any media organization give in June are irrelevant.

The only way this team and players will get the respect they deserve is to win a Super Bowl.

If they go 19-0, which I think is a realistic probability, the Hawks will have at least five players in the top twenty in the player predictions for 2014.

It's a fact that not many people outside of Seattle know how good Seahawk players like Earl Thomas, KJ Wright and Russell wilson are. PR might help a little, but the real way to fix that is not to complain, but to win.

bobk3333
    NET Practice Squad

• It's all just opinion. Maybe the guy is a fan of the 9ers or he just likes their team better than the Seahawks? Folks get mad if Luck or RGIII are said to be better long term stars while folks outside the fanbase probably feel this is true. It is fun for debate as long as you don't take it too seriously. Even after both have retired, folks on either side will say their guy was the best with justifications made for any discrepancies.

I like my guy Wilson and just want to follow his growth. Right now I try not to fixate on our division rivals from the south. Maybe my guy or theirs is just a shooting star across the horizon? Maybe they become legends? For myself, I choose not to follow the careers of those Wilson is compared to, which most likely is not a fun way to follow sports. Those LBJ vs MJ debates will always have a place in the sports discussion. Heck, I would love to sit down with my bud that thinks all players pre-1999 suck and don't hold a candle to today's NFL players. I doubt we would ever come to an agreement though.
    Last edited by drdiags on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• It's the silly season. Lots of time killing ratings and articles that mean nothing.

Training camp will kick all that nonsence to the curb shortly.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

|~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• Who cares! History will prove them wrong!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• He almost won a super bowl his first year starting. He's good, and we need to be able to accept it around here.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• First off...BLEACHER REPORT!

The site sucks guys. Just about anybody can write an article on that site, not saying that they don't get it right sometimes though. :th2thumbs:

I would say that Kaep and Wilson split the Accuracy and Leadership category's, and Kaep takes the rest.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• don't get me wrong, I do think Kaep is a good quarterback and I am impressed by him...just bummed that Russell doesn't get as much love for how amazing he is and he deserves more respect for his talent, character and his leadership. But I guess that is what it is all about...earning respect. So hopefully this season is Mr Wilson's "you thought I was good last year, look at me now" tour. And we can all sit back and listen to the pundits back peddle and say, "I have always thought Russell Wilson was going to be great".
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• Wilson gets a lot of respect, Super Bowl losers get a whole lot of pre season hype especially since the Ravens by most people gutted their team and don't have the proven horses to get back there. Everyone will be on the 49er favorite bandwagon, we are talked about in the vein of taking it away from them with Wilson and our defense leading the charge. Give the 49ers their due, they won the division and went to the dance, until that memory is erased and we step up to the top of the heap they will get those story lines. Kaep led and played his way to the position he is in just as Wilson did. We just have a different perspective.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• one posted response to the article...

kyle yates posted 2 minutes ago Contributor I

LEADERSHIP??!!!! LEADERSHIP??!!!! You gave leadership to Colin Kaepernick?!!! You just lost credibility on every opinion you ever type for the rest of your life!!
    I was following your logic until I got to that slide and then I almost had a heart attack. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're saying this without ever having watched him play or having listened to him speak. Otherwise there is no excuse. I'm usually not this opinionated. I've been reading bleacher for years and have never left a comment but, I mean, come on man. LEADERSHIP??!!! LEADERSHIP??!!!! I digress.
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• DB Factor: Kaep
    Likelihood of being a guest star on the Jersey Shore: Kaep
    Looking like squidward from spongebob squarepants: Kaep
    Biceps: Kaep
    Ability to Kiss Own Biceps: Kaep

Kaep is clearly better, sorry guys.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

• It's Sunday. How about an archived bleacher report suitable for the funny papers?

Alex Smith's hands measure 9.375" long. Although this isn't a ridiculously tiny measurement, it has (at times) been blamed for the first overall pick from 2005's tendencies to fumble over the years, as well as his inaccuracy.

And later in the article there is this .....
    Colin Kaepernick

If Urban Myer's "spread option" offense doesn't translate easily to the NFL, what do we make of Chris Ault's "pistol" offense that Colin Kaepernick ran at Nevada? Basically, nothing. It just means that he'll be a project wherever he ends up, and is a couple years away from starting for any team. Kaepernick was accurate with his throws, and may have put the most impressive zip on the ball (clocked at 59 mph) but when thinking of the sporadic fumble issues he had in college, one can't help but notice his hand length of 9.25" is actually smaller than Alex Smith's. Be warned.

:lol: Source >>>>>>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/623825-avoiding-the-next-alex-smith-play-the-hands-your-dealt
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Complaining about something written on Bleacher Report would be like complaining about something written at the 49ers fan forum or in the comments section of an ESPN.com article. The site's content is filled by people who are no more qualified to write about football than you or me.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Stephen SeaHawking wrote:DB Factor: Kaep
    Likelihood of being a guest star on the Jersey Shore: Kaep
    Looking like squidward from spongebob squarepants: Kaep
    Biceps: Kaep
    Ability to Kiss Own Biceps: Kaep

Kaep is clearly better, sorry guys.

:th2thumbs:
    BINGO!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Kaep = Gangnam style. He has one hit wonder written all over him.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Now that video ^ cheered me up LOL
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• bobk3333 wrote:
    duckypoo wrote:Bleacher.

Report.

The ratings bleacher report or any media organization give in June are irrelevant.

Very generous of you to characterize the seat-sheet as a media organization.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round. So, they were bringing that up because it's still fresh in everyone's minds that the Seahawks got the steal of the draft last year at perhaps the most key position. As you know, Kearly, it was part of the broader discussion of the crop of 2013 QB's available. Still, I agree with you and your points are excellent and valid that there wasn't a bigger rising star and they certainly could have said the next CK (2nd rounder the previous year, correct?), but did not.
    The current Seahawks player I spoke with for over an hour a couple of months ago agreed with my take on the difference between the two. (I agree with Kearly that CK types are easier to find... which is sort of a bottom line difference between the two. RW is special and CK just really isn't.) CK is more of a running QB who can make some throws (and has weapons around him, now minus Crabtree.) RW is more of a throwing QB who can scramble like Tarkenton. CK is more like the running QB's that tend to have the injury problems. RW plays smart in that regard (though he does block now doesn't he!) Russell Wilson is a football player and a leader that makes everyone around him better. The reaction by one of RW's 2012 teammates when I put it that way? He was nodding his head up and down the entire time in agreement and then some. Nothing against CK - he's capable of playing QB for an already talented team that makes him better. He's definitely got wheels in open space, but I think he's going to get figured out and defenses are going to figure out ways to force that guy to make some bad decisions by limiting his run options. Sure... DC's will also try to figure out how to defend Wilson, but that's when he has + will continue to make plays and get those lofty comparisons to the greats.
    I talked to a Falcons fan yesterday who was at the playoff game. You can guess all he said. When he started talking about this upcoming season... I simply said (probably 3 times or more... may he hear it in his dreams), "Russell Wilson is special." That's enough right there.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:First off...BLEACHER REPORT!

The site sucks guys. Just about anybody can write an article on that site, not saying that they don't get it right sometimes though. :th2thumbs:

I would say that Kaep and Wilson split the Accuracy and Leadership category's, and Kaep takes the rest.

Wilson tied Peyton Manning for TD's @ 26, and he was being held in check by his Coaches for the first half of last Season , Kaepernick?, nope.
    Once they turned Wilson lose in that Chicago game, he flat out kicked ass with 2 games that were 50 + and even the game against the 49rs was lop sided as hell, which tells me that Kaepernick loses the tied for Leadership gig.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Those who ponder star power as a criteria for rating athletes are either Nike marketing dweebs or devotees of "reality" TV.
    Neither can find their asses in the dark with both hands.

(apologies to our Nike marketing brethren)
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• *sigh*

I wish we would stop doing this. We must look like complete muppets to not only 49er fans, but other casual sports fans, too.

Kaepernick is very very good. Russell Wilson is also very very good. I (and I assume most here) believe that Wilson will be the better QB when all is said and done, but it doesn't mean that Kaep is not a great QB. He is. Having said that, I don't like him, I don't like the way he carries himself in interviews and I don't believe he works nearly as hard as Russ, but what he does on the field is unquestionable, in my opinion. Let's just accept that he's a great QB and plays for our rival.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Actually I like the idea of the bicep-kissing clown as a media darling... it will take a bit of his mind off the game, which is a good thing for this Croatian-American.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Is it shocking that a 49er fan would choose Kaepernick over Wilson? No. The shocking part is that the 49er fan could write anything in the English language comprehensible enough for even B/R to publish it.

The author's bio:
    ABOUT
    I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area. Baseball, Basketball, Football, even the WWE. It doesn't matter. I can't get enough.

Favorite Sports TeamsSan Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers, Golden State Warriors, San Jose Sharks, San Antonio Spurs

Move along.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• Doesn't matter, he plays for the precious media dry humping Niners. It's just an opinion.
    Wilson is a better QB and will be for years to come. Not saying Kaep isn't good, he's damn good, just not as good as RW.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:*sigh*

I wish we would stop doing this. We must look like complete muppets to not only 49er fans, but other casual sports fans, too.

Kaepernick is very very good. Russell Wilson is also very very good. I (and I assume most here) believe that Wilson will be the better QB when all is said and done, but it doesn't mean that Kaep is not a great QB. He is. Having said that, I don't like him, I don't like the way he carries himself in interviews and I don't believe he works nearly as hard as Russ, but what he does on the field is unquestionable, in my opinion. Let's just accept that he's a great QB and plays for our rival.

I 'accept' that neither Russ nor Kaep deserve to be called 'great' until they've played at a high level for way longer than one season.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• HawKnPeppa wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:*sigh*

I 'accept' that neither Russ nor Kaep deserve to be called 'great' until they've played at a high level for way longer than one season.

That's a fair say.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Not to belabor the point... but, isn't the point in the OP being discussed concerning a comparison between RW and CK, not if they are great or not?

Though he never played a down in the NFL... Ernie Davis was a GREAT RB. Perhaps some would reserve that term for those who have played many seasons... and be more comfortable attaching a term like "special" - which carries with it potential to be mentioned one day as one of the greats. Everyone brings up the argument that a player isn't great unless they've played in the league for a subjective amount of time. That might be generally true for good reason (which is why it's not really going out on a limb to note that), but doesn't always apply - at least IMO. Perhaps at least one might grant that a player may be called "great" at least in the colloquial sense - of course not crowning either yet as one of the all time greats. I don't see anyone going quite that far (though it's not unheard of to see that in a rookie or 2nd year player. Think Elway, Marino, etc.)

While standing next to and conversing with Ken Griffey, Jr. last summer (watching youth football) BEFORE the season started last year, he told me flat out that Russell Wilson is a special player (and he was going up to Seattle for the Dallas game.) He spoke much more highly of RW than that... but, since that was nearly a year ago, I don't wish to be quoting him verbatim as I do not wish to put words in his mouth.

Drew Brees had a few nice things to say as well: http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 5157d5d880

I've heard comparisons to Fran Tarkenton, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc. Those are lofty comparisons TO Greats. Who is CK being compared to? I haven't heard a thing and I don't live in Seattle. I live in Florida and hear talk about all teams (but usually not kind about Seattle.) Yes, CK in the NFL playing for a pretty good team. If both RW and CK were playing for struggling teams... I know which one I would want under center.

Russell Wilson is special. In my estimation, we're seeing a QB early in his career (like and Elway and Marino) who will be known as a great... especially in comparison to CK.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:*sigh*
    Let's just accept that he's a great QB and plays for our rival.

Nope, can't agree to do that... yet. What's obvious right now about Kraperschmuck is that he's a very gifted athlete who held down the qb position on arguably the most talented team in the league for a half season or so. I'm of the belief that Alex Smith could have just as easily taken them to the SB last year, hell Michael Vick could have gotten them to the Super Bowl. Let's see how he does for at least another year or so or maybe on a team that's rebuilding and predicted to finish 3rd or 4th in the division, on a team who's fans are predicting a 6-10 or 7-9 season in July.

"Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• Jeez.

Look, I know many of you don't want to admit it, but Kaep is far better than you give him credit for.

...However...don't put any credence into ANYTHING written on Bleacher Report. Seriously. And this is coming from a guy who likes Kaep better.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Did anyone watch the 42-13 stomping of 49ers. Leadership??? I laugh my butt off watching that game and seeing the panicked look on Kaepernick's face calling timeout in the first quarter. Russell kicks butt and the simple fact is on every occasion you see a cool and calm demeanor on Wilson's face even when we trailed.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Jeez.

Look, I know many of you don't want to admit it, but Kaep is far better than you give him credit for.

...However...don't put any credence into ANYTHING written on Bleacher Report. Seriously. And this is coming from a guy who likes Kaep better.

There's credit given. It's not all or nothing. He's got some wheels. He can make an accurate throw to an open Vernon Davis. Just realistic given how and when he came on the scene on an already established team... plus in comparison to the talent of Wilson. Don't feel bad... comparing other team QB's to Wilson will make it seem like no credit is given to their guys either. That happens when you get compared to the very best. The Niner coaching staff had major reservations about making the switch from Smith to CK when they did so. If they were so confident in him, why the reservation? They're more relieved that he didn't outright blow it. You could have put any other decent QB in with that team and seen them do reasonably well. I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Jeez.

There's credit given. It's not all or nothing. He's got some wheels. He can make an accurate throw to an open Vernon Davis. Just realistic given how and when he came on the scene on an already established team... plus in comparison to the talent of Wilson. Don't feel bad... comparing other team QB's to Wilson will make it seem like no credit is given to their guys either. That happens when you get compared to the very best. The Niner coaching staff had major reservations about making the switch from Smith to CK when they did so. If they were so confident in him, why the reservation? They're more relieved that he didn't outright blow it. You could have put any other decent QB in with that team and seen them do reasonably well. I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.

Not when Alex looks like the pre-Harbaugh Alex under Reid.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Kixkahn wrote:Did anyone watch the 42-13 stomping of 49ers. Leadership??? I laugh my butt off watching that game and seeing the panicked look on Kaepernick's face calling timeout in the first quarter. Russell kicks butt and the simple fact is on every occasion you see a cool and calm demeanor on Wilson's face even when we trailed.

Its actually quite clear most Seahawk fans ONLY saw that game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Jeez.

They were hesitant because they were winning with Alex. Alex had just been offensive player of the week and had an insane completion % over the past game and a half (before he was hurt vs St Louis). Of COURSE they were hesitant to remove the guy that got them to the NFC Championship game the year before!

Sheesh. This ain't complicated.

There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49, you're on the Seahawks board arguing for your team guy. It's clear alright that someone's in someone's head... and you're correct - it's not complicated. It's obvious.
    By the way... the Niners are on the history channel right now. The network knows their fans live in the past.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.

I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.

I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.

Well said.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.

Not when Alex looks like the pre-Harbaugh Alex under Reid.

Is that a "what if" guess or a prediction? Is there a particular reason why you might think Alex Smith would regress under Reid?

The only reason I can come up with is schadenfreude.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.

I don't expect anyone here to think Kaep is as good as Wilson. I just find it amusing how much people need to talk about Kaep here and point out just about any negative thing they can come up with to put the guy down. It's alright...no worries...I just find it amusing. It seems there are more Kaepernick threads here than on Niner sites...and none of them are started here by Niner fans.

I have no prob with the hype on Wilson. I liked him coming out of college and I like him now. I'm just saying lets not call the guy "the very best" just yet. Very small sample size. I'm not putting Kaep there either.

A couple things tho....

1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

3) In the Super Bowl, he had his first NFL 300 yard game and came 5 yards short of the largest comeback in SB history...in his freakin 10th NFL start. Come on now....give the guy some credit.

4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".

BTW...to answer a previous poster....I post here because its far more fun in the LONG, LONG offseason to debate people who don't already agree with you.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.

...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
    As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.

...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.

Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.

Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.

I think thats a bit of an inferiority complex. Wilson gets tons of hype right now. Nobody is disrespecting him.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information