Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Playoffs
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

must have been a spurs fan when bron came on they turned off the feed.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 pm 
* NET Baller *

hawkcrazzed wrote:
must have been a spurs fan when bron came on they turned off the feed.

Thats terrible, you missed Bosh defensively go Hakeem on the Spurs' asses.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Ray Allen is amazing. :179417:

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm 
NET Rookie

LEBRON=BEAST

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm 
NET Veteran

The WWE of "professional" sports.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

oh I saw the block it was the interview after they were like hell no.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:22 pm 
* NET Baller *

dontbelikethat wrote:
Ray Allen is amazing. :179417:

Love that man

seahawks875 wrote:
LEBRON=BEAST

Best. Player. In. The. World.

Someone wanna debate this?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm 
* NET Baller *

knownone wrote:

How you figure?

Because Manu didn't get a call? They let them play, 'Bron got fouled a few times there in OT that never got called. Its good the refs swallowed their whistles down the stretch.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 pm 
NET Veteran

It's in the last minute of deciding the NBA championship, let them play...

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Throwdown wrote:

Best. Player. In. The. World.

Someone wanna debate this?

Well there's this dude who's been learning on the blazers bench. Luke Babbitt. Just wait.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:27 pm 
* NET Baller *

Looks like an angry bunny...

I need a drink after that, I haven't gotten that hyped for a basketball game in years.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

Throwdown wrote:

I need a drink after that, I haven't gotten that hyped for a basketball game in years.

And you want us to believe youre a Sonics fan?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 pm 
* NET Baller *

AbsolutNET wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

And you want us to believe youre a Sonics fan?

Years as in.. 8 years, in the Western Semi's were Manu flopped for the Spurs to beat the Sonics in 6?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

Heat fanboys are the worst. I bet you shaved your hairline back just for the game.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:38 pm 
* NET Baller *

AbsolutNET wrote:
Heat fanboys are the worst. I bet you shaved your hairline back just for the game.

I did it cuz I thought you looked cool with your receding hairline...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
knownone wrote:

How you figure?

Because Manu didn't get a call? They let them play, 'Bron got fouled a few times there in OT that never got called. Its good the refs swallowed their whistles down the stretch.

The game should be called consistently throughout and it wasn't. I have no vested interest in either team so the outcome doesn't matter the officiating is just awful.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Veteran

Re: The fouls / non -calls at the end of the game. They were fouls - on both Ginobli and Green -

But I don't think you call either. Manu especially because that idiot (I really &**& hate him right now) drove into traffic. He probably gets the call if he's got Allen 1on1.

I think it's clear the Spurs are the better team, but Miami has better players - if that makes sense. San Antonio totally shot themselves in the foot tonight. They went away from Duncan who was MASTERFUL in the first half. Parker didn't have it (although hit 2 clutch shots late - he ended up 6/23) Manu LOST THE GAME by himself - 9pts, 8 turns in about 30min. That's so horrible it's pathetic.

Then to top it off - Popovich out coached himself tonight. Confession - I hate offense / defense substitutions anyway - but they REALLY killed the Spurs tonight. Why would you take Duncan off the floor with Bosh still playing, when you're up 4? Makes NO sense. Are you afraid Bosh is going to come of a screen or something?

So frustrating.

Unfortunately - I think Miami's got the momentum, so Game 7 is going to be tough for the Spurs.
Pop will have something in the game plan to get Tony going - he won't go 6-23 again. But what will Duncan have left in the tank? He poured his heart and soul into that game, and he's 37 with many, many miles on those tires.
Manu was awful, and they just need him to be better. And we'll find out if the media broke Danny Green, or if he still has a play or two left.

If I was Pop, I might consider giving Neal a few of Green's late game minutes - depending on the match-ups. Green has been an EXCELLENT defender of Lebron and Wade, but he struggled chasing Allen around screens last night. I'm not sure Neal could fare much better but I think he's quicker although prone to more mistakes / bad gambles. Plus - the Heat were closing out hard on Green - something we'll see again in Game 7, and Green struggled a bit putting the ball on the deck and getting to the rim, and / or creating a shot off of the dribble - something that Neal may be better at.

Lastly, at the end of the game, with James on Parker, if the Spurs had ONE other player who could play pick and roll with Duncan (PAGING MANU FREAKING GINOBLI) they would have won the game handily. Plus - as a Spurs fan / armchair coach - if you put James on Parker, I'm taking Parker off of the ball and running him through screen after screen after screen - and then settling for pick and roll action with Parker (if he got a switch) or Ginobli / Neal with creaky Wade / Allen on him, or getting the ball down low to TD who was abandoned in the 2nd half last night.

On the Heat side we'll see more of the same. We'll continue to see pick and rolls with Lebron and Chalmers / Wade. I'm sure they'll be heat checking Allen off of pin downs. Their offense has gotten simpler and simpler and at this point just comes down to Wade making jumpers and Lebron making good decisions depending on the match up he's given. What it really comes down to is defensive intensity, getting turn overs and easy buckets. I don't think I've ever seen a more front running team than the '13 Miami Heat. This is a slight dig, but it's also just true. There's an apparent cliff at about Heat +12-15 and if they can get there, the game is virtually over - otherwise there's a bunch of tight possessions that come down to Lebron bailing them out.

My gut says Heat - my basketball brain says Spurs. We'll see.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:14 am 
* Report Button *

SirTed, thank you. I really dig your posts in this thread.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 am 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:

Thanks, man. Happy to get to talk hoops.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

SirTed wrote:
pehawk wrote:

I can't express enough disgust for Ginobli. Yeah, I'm in San Antonio, and I'm sure he's a great guy that's invested in the community and does HEB commercials and whatever, but AAAARGH. Even when the dude would MAKE a shot, my wife and I were screaming at the TV. The second Manu touches the ball, seriously. Both of us, "NOOOOO!!!" It's completely absurd. He flails around, plays Manu vs Other Guys, then just awkwardly chucks the ball up if he hasn't already lost it.

He's making more money than Duncan. Does he have incriminating photos of Pop in his locker? What the hell?

8 turnovers in a single possession game. I put the loss directly on top of Manu's head.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm 
NET Veteran

TravTex wrote:
SirTed wrote:
pehawk wrote:

I can't express enough disgust for Ginobli. Yeah, I'm in San Antonio, and I'm sure he's a great guy that's invested in the community and does HEB commercials and whatever, but AAAARGH. Even when the dude would MAKE a shot, my wife and I were screaming at the TV. The second Manu touches the ball, seriously. Both of us, "NOOOOO!!!" It's completely absurd. He flails around, plays Manu vs Other Guys, then just awkwardly chucks the ball up if he hasn't already lost it.

He's making more money than Duncan. Does he have incriminating photos of Pop in his locker? What the hell?

8 turnovers in a single possession game. I put the loss directly on top of Manu's head.

9pts. 8turns. 36min.
No Question that's where the lion's share of the blame belongs. I'm just as frustrated with Ginobli as you but it is important to remember what that guy has done for the franchise, and that he's a SURE FIRE HoFer. He's been really bad this post season, and even when he was great, he often had me ripping my hair out BUT he also makes plays that no one is else willing or capable of making. Unfortunately, those instances have dwindled in the last few years.

For SA to win, and again my brain says they can and WILL they really neit can be ed another player to step up other than Parker, Duncan, Diaw (defensively) and the unbelievably consistent almost superstar Kwai Leonard.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:28 pm 
* NET Baller *

Kawhai Leonard, if Pop sticks around is going to be the next torch bearer for the Spurs franchise, and he'll still have Parker with him. I really like that young man.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran

You also can't forget FREE THROWS! 2 late game free throws on separate occasions could have sealed it.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 pm 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:
You also can't forget FREE THROWS! 2 late game free throws on separate occasions could have sealed it.

no doubt. I was pissed about all three -Parker, Manu and Leonard split late free throws. I only didn't mention it because I didn't want to seem like even more of an "old basketball curmudgeon" than I already appear.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 pm 
NET Veteran

SirTed wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:

no doubt. I was pissed about all three -Parker, Manu and Leonard split late free throws. I only didn't mention it because I didn't want to seem like even more of an "old basketball curmudgeon" than I already appear.

Leonard, I can understand. He's only 21 playing on the biggest stage of his life...I'm surprised he's held up to the pressure so well. TP and Manu has been there before. They've gotta capitalize on those. The game was theirs to take.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:50 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

SirTed wrote:
TravTex wrote:
SirTed wrote:

9pts. 8turns. 36min.
No Question that's where the lion's share of the blame belongs. I'm just as frustrated with Ginobli as you but it is important to remember what that guy has done for the franchise, and that he's a SURE FIRE HoFer. He's been really bad this post season, and even when he was great, he often had me ripping my hair out BUT he also makes plays that no one is else willing or capable of making. Unfortunately, those instances have dwindled in the last few years.

For SA to win, and again my brain says they can and WILL they really neit can be ed another player to step up other than Parker, Duncan, Diaw (defensively) and the unbelievably consistent almost superstar Kwai Leonard.

Oh, no doubt. I'm not as full of Manu Hatred as my wife, lol. But I do think he needs to evolve or move on. He's always flailed around and made things happen, it's just that the returns from his efforts have declined to the point that he can single-handedly suck the life out of his own team.

Future's still bright in San Antonio, though. Kawhi Leonard is quietly outstanding and just about to turn 22. Danny Green's 25 years old and holding a NBA Finals record. I'm not sold on Splitter, yet.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 pm 
NET Starter

The interesting thing for me as a Spurs fan is that....
Lebron went off...Allen went off at the end of the game and then had some good hustle in OT. Miller and Chalmers were playing pretty well. They all seemed to be feeding off of Lebron. They were playing out of their minds to close out the game.

The Spurs had 13 turnovers, there was the 6-23 night by Parker. the 8 turnovers by Ginobili alone. Duncan was pretty silent in the second half with his scoring.

I tend to agree with the analysts siting the rest for Parker and Duncan towards the end of the 3rd. Splitter was horrid, even with the two buckets. This is the finals, you don't take Duncan and Parker out until/if you've built another 15-20 point lead sometime in the fourth quarter, and then you don't take them both out at the same time. Not with the way the Heat kept pushing.

The Spurs actually were doing what is pretty common for themselves. They got that run going and were up by that 10 points and it was looking like another blowout..but he took his foot off the pedal too fast because of concern for minutes...if they would have won last night he would not have had to worry about that anymore. The players are big boys, they know what is at stake. Leave them in.

That said, the Spurs repeatedly shot themselves in the foot when they had the game in the bag. Despite the huge momentum shift from the Heat, the Spurs only had to make 2 more ft's and it would have been over. In overtime they had enough time for Ginobili to take a bit more time, or at least kick it out when he sucked all those defenders over to him when OT was almost over. The Heat barely beat the Spurs despite all of those unforced errors that are on the heads of the Spurs alone.

I am pretty sure that they will play a much cleaner game tomorrow, and it wouldn't surprise me if they limited the turnovers similar to what happened in game 1. Look for the ball movement to be much crisper, and they WILL find ways to get their shooters going even if Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Leonard, and/or Diaw are used to penetrate or as decoys to suck 1 or 2 extra defenders to them and kick the ball back out instead of penetrate to the hoop.

No matter what happens I'm extremely excited with the development of Kawhi Leonard. He pushed up his ppg by about 4 per game from last season to this season and then kicked it up another 2-2.5 points per game in the playoffs, and in these finals he has averaged 13.83 pts per game, 10.3 rebounds a game, and 2.16 steals a game. This is only his second year and he is only 21. He has already improved by leaps and bounds this year and as this series has progressed he has really stepped up offensively while keeping up his defensive intensity all around hustle and just doing all the little things he needs to do to help the Spurs. One of my favorite moments was a little crafty thing he did where he just acted like he was going to put his hand out to swat at Lebron and it cause an unforced turnover out of bounds. He is also showing a real knack for giving the Spurs a bit of some needed energy and momentum. His habit he's starting to have of causing turnovers and hustling down court for easy transition baskets is awesome. I'm really excited about this kid and hope he stays a Spur for his entire career. If his growth in this series has been any indication I am holding my breath that we might see him break out even further tomorrow. The one thing I think did get to him is his ft shooting was around 80% or so during the regular season and its been 63.3% in the playoffs.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
Any teams better than the Heat.

They need to look to their opposite bench for a blueprint. Don't clog the roster with 2001 Sonics and Grizzlies. Get athlete's to compensate for Wades age/injuries.

The Heat totally defeated a superior Thunder team. I think Spolstra is that bad within series and the rosters THAT laughable.

If wasn't for a former Sonic saving their ass in game 6, the Heat would have gone home. LeBron sure didn't save their ass.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:52 pm 
NET Starter

Throwdown wrote:
Kawhai Leonard, if Pop sticks around is going to be the next torch bearer for the Spurs franchise, and he'll still have Parker with him. I really like that young man.

Well, what do you know? A little common ground there.....I'll go one up on that and he has been my favorite player for quite some time now, the change took place sometime this season. I was already really high on him after watching his contributions last year as a rookie. That kid can flat out play. As I mentioned earlier, if he gets to where he can consistently put up an offensive effort like he did in game 6, to go along with everything else he brings to the table, he is going to be a scary player. I only say if because there are no guarantees..but he puts in all the work and does all the right things so until I get proved wrong, I have all the faith in him and his continued growth with the Spurs.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:53 pm 
* NET Radish *

I don't watch roundball at all anymore but this series has made interesting headlines and reading in our newspaper.

The way everyone talked I thought the Heat would sadly win in 4, but the Spurs have made it close. From someone who doesn't watch I would think their best chance of winning was that 6th game.

But we will see.

This series has been good for basketball because even people like me that finds todays game boring as reading pehawk posts are at least reading about it.

Best example of team play I've seen for a long time.

:les:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm 
NET Veteran

I feel like Lebron is goona have a big game tonight, but that's an easy prediction.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:04 pm 
NET Veteran

Heat never fail when their backs are against the wall

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm 
* NET Baller *

Mario chalmers is a spaz

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:47 pm 
NET Rookie

The Spurs chance to win it all was last game...hard to see any way in which the Heat fail to get this one.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm 
* NET Baller *

Heat are killing the Spurs passing lanes.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 pm 
* NET Moderator *

The way Ginobli has played the last 2 games has me seriously wondering if he's throwing the series. Like some Argentinian gangster got to him or something.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:49 pm 
NET Veteran

Happy for Lebron and Ray Allen :D!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

dontbelikethat wrote:

Im not

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

JSeahawks wrote:
The way Ginobli has played the last 2 games has me seriously wondering if he's throwing the series. Like some Argentinian gangster got to him or something.

He has been especially bonkers right at the end of the last couple games, I noticed that as well. He didn't seem to ever have a plan and realized it after he left the ground.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Lol Stern is full of fail tonight

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Pop needs to be grilled on why he stuck with Ginobili the last 2 games. Take TP out and let Ginobili run the point? Wtf? Take Duncan out, your best defender, the last couple possessions of regulation?

Best coach in the league, hands down, but very questionable moves.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 pm 
* NET Baller *

dontbelikethat wrote:

Nothing for Rashard huh? Lol

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:06 pm 
* NET Moderator *

AbsolutNET wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

He has been especially bonkers right at the end of the last couple games, I noticed that as well. He didn't seem to ever have a plan and realized it after he left the ground.

My boy LaMichael James agrees (notice the wonderful grammar from that quality U of O education):

LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames 39m
Ginobli be point shaving

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
dontbelikethat wrote:

Nothing for Rashard huh? Lol

Who?!?!

Sike, I'm happy for all the former sonics :D!

Gotta prepare to fork up an extra $30 for a pair of lebron's now :(.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:53 pm 
NET Starter

JSeahawks wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

My boy LaMichael James agrees (notice the wonderful grammar from that quality U of O education):

LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames 39m
Ginobli be point shaving

Because it couldn't be 15 years of professional basketball played at the highest levels each and every year combined with the fact he is 35 years old and he is an old 35. Maybe if he hadn't burned the midnight oil so much playing summer basketball so many years, he would have had more in the tank the last few years. 1 Olympic gold medal, 3 championship rings, 2 all star-selections and a sixth man award is a resume that most players would be highly envious of. Regardless of the flop hate, if he was just a flopper and had no skills he would have been out of the league long ago.

The reality is that he has been one of the best players ever at his position, no i'm not saying a top 5 or whatever, so hold onto your britches..but he has been(yeah i know a lot of you are thinking he is a has been) the best player on the court many times in his career when his A game was on. Without all of his talent and skill where would the Spurs have turned to for all of the clutch decisions and shots he contributed to the Championships they won in those moments when Duncan/Parker and other players were not effective. He has taken over many a game.

It is my hope that if this is Manu until he leaves the game that he refocuses on the areas he works on so that way he can eliminate the many stupid mistakes he can be credited for in these playoffs. If he can willingly do something similar to what Robinson did when Duncan came in, I believe he can still be a solid contributor for this team. Leonard has taken over what he was to this team, but I think they can still use him if he gets his head straight.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:19 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Yeah, that.

Adding.... With the hope that if he doesn't want to hang it up, yet, he doesn't expect to keep being the highest paid dude on the team. I could be all for Manu remaining a perma-Spur, but the cost/benefit analysis has to at least SEEM to work out.

Free agency year, Manu.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:25 am 
NET Starter

TravTex wrote:
Yeah, that.

Adding.... With the hope that if he doesn't want to hang it up, yet, he doesn't expect to keep being the highest paid dude on the team. I could be all for Manu remaining a perma-Spur, but the cost/benefit analysis has to at least SEEM to work out.

Free agency year, Manu.

He has always had that mental resilience needed to sustain continued success in the NBA. The way that it looks like age hit him full force this year may just be a challenge he hasn't been able to adjust to yet. He was injured at the absolute worse time, you can't get up to speed in the playoffs...but as he said he felt the best he'd felt all year and if he was playing bad, he was just playing bad. I think that these playoffs have probably left too much of a bad taste in his mouth to just hang it up now, even if it might be a significant battle. He won't want to go out on his teammates like that. Not with the kind of competitor he is. I am taking it year by year for sure, but I feel about 99% certain he will be back with the Spurs next season, and he'll figure out a way to make big contributions to the team, even if he has to humble himself and find a new fit for himself, a new role on the team.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am 
NET Veteran

I'm very happy for LeBron, Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and the whole Miami Heat organization.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Y'all be happy. I'll be over here all wailing with despair.

Also... Danny Green. Dude. Why you gotta be hanging out at the fricking Heat after party?

Anyway, onward to the hoop off-season. Spurs need a combo guard who can score, and a big dude. What fate Ginobli? What's the market for Splitter? What's a realistic scenario? Jarrett Jack + Speights, Tyreke Evans + Dwight Howard? (Heh.)

Bellinari? Hell, he kinda looks like Manu...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
dontbelikethat wrote:

Im not

I'm happy for Lesbian. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]