Good for you Bernard Pollard...

pehawk

Reaction score
So full of win and rightness...

In the post-bounty NFL, players and coaches aren’t supposed to say publicly the stuff they undoubtedly scream privately.  Titans safety Bernard Pollard didn’t get the memo.  Or he doesn’t care.

Bet the latter.

“I don’t care what they have to say,” Pollard said regarding those who may criticize him for using such blunt language, via Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.  “If they feel like we’re going to carry guns and knives and try and stab people and try and kill them, shame on you. You are an idiot.  For us, when we say kill, we want to go out there and knock the [heck] out of people, we want to hit you.  And for me, we’re going to help you up because I’m going to knock you back down.  I have been at plenty of pee-wee football games where I have seen my son, my daughter, and you hear parents, you hear women, white, black, Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, telling their sons, ‘Kill them! Telling their daughters, Kill them!’

“Do I believe they mean kill them?  Literally kill them?  No.  So if you have never played this game before and you want to take that and run with it, go ahead.  Shame on you.  You’re a fool.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -comments/

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Was this in context to all the "kill the head and the body will die" locker room talk?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
No. The Bills D Coord, Petine, was quoted as saying "kill em, hurt em" in a general/vague context last week. And, OF COURSE, there was phony outrage.

Sorry, I should've added some pretext.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Oh god, who was carrying the torch?
EDIT: From hitting his name in yahoo news I see MSN, Yahoo!, USA Today, SI... jesus.