CB-Brandon Browner is franchised
WR-Golden Tate allowed to walk
WR-Doug Baldwin traded to Colts for 4th Rounder
WR-Sidney Rice's contract is re-structured
TE-Zach Miller's contract is re-structured
Other Significant Losses:
DE/LEO, Aaron Lynch, South Florida
6'6" | 265lbs | 4.6s
In my mind, Aaron Lynch is the best pass rusher in college football not named Jadeveon Clowney. His size compares favorably to Trent Murphy but is much faster with 4.5-4.6 wheels. Lynch sat out the 2012 season after transferring to South Florida. If he declares, I could see him getting drafted on the first day.
1. LEO, Ronald Powell, Florida (6'4/250/4.5) - Bruce Irvin clone, see game vs. FSU circa 2011. Played for Dan Quinn and was a 5-star recruit. Prototypical Seahawk.
2. DE, Trent Murphy, Stanford (6'6/260/4.8 ) - Big and freakishly strong but shows slower than ideal speed.
WR, Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss
6'2 | 225lbs | 4.4s
Moncrief is a physical and fast receiver with great hands (H/T HighlandHawk). He is everything we are hoping Chris Harper can be. I would prefer one of Brandon Coleman or Mike Evans but don't think it would be realistic to expect either to be available at the end of the 2nd Round.
1. WR, Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State (6'4/245/4.6) - Huge receiver that measures like a TE. Raw but the potential is clearly there (H/T cover-2).
2. WR, Devin Street, Pittsburgh (6'3/195/4.5) - Sidney Rice clone.
DT, George Uko, USC
6'3 | 285 lbs | 5.0s
Explosive and athletic tackle can replace Michael Bennett. Hoping that Will Sutton falls but I think he goes in round three, like Jordan Hill.
1. DT, Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota (6'5/330/5.3) - Athletic freak also can replace Michael Bennett.
2. DT, Leon Orr, Florida (6'4/315/5.2) - Quin had lots of good things to say about Orr.
CB, Antone Exum, Virginia Tech
6'1 | 220 lbs | 4.4s
Exum is a very physical DB and seems like a perfect fit for the Hawks defense. He would be an excellent replacement for Brandon Browner. Exum did an admirable job against FSU's Kelvin Benjamin who measures 6'4/245/4.6.
1. DB, Keon Lyn, Syracuse (6'1/200/4.4) - Extremely close call between Exum and Lyn. I really like Lyn's game and think he is perfectly suited to play the slot. If we end up with Lyn, I wouldn't complain for a second. I gave Exum the advantage because of his size. Everyone needs to see his highlight reel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtSmqlzNwvg.
QB, Chuckie Keeton, Utah State
6'2 | 200lbs | 4.6s
Probably the most exciting QB in this draft not named Johnny Manziel. Keeton has explosive athleticism and a game similar to RGIII. I could easily see him going in the third round to some lucky team hoping to repeat the success the Hawks have had with Russell Wilson.
1. QB, Marcus Mariota, Oregon (6'5/210/4.6) - Another dual threat QB.
DB, AJ Marshall, Wake Forrest
5'11 | 190lbs | 4.4s
I want to give AJ Marshall a 4th round grade along with the other DBs listed. Hoping he flies under the radar and we pick him up for safety depth and possibly to play the slot.
1. SS/OLB, Karlos Williams, Florida State (6'1/230/4.6) - Physical DB, Kam Chancellor-esque.
2. OLB, Denicos Allen, Michigan State (5'11/220/4.5) - Doesn't have prototypical size but intriguing pass rushing LB with above average coverage skills. Gave Russell Wilson some problems in their bowl game.