NBA Playoffs

Throwdown

Reaction score
knownone":22kwkfbp said:
The WWE of "professional" sports.

How you figure?

Because Manu didn't get a call? They let them play, 'Bron got fouled a few times there in OT that never got called. Its good the refs swallowed their whistles down the stretch.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Looks like an angry bunny...

I need a drink after that, I haven't gotten that hyped for a basketball game in years.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Throwdown":2m2c1cr9 said:

I need a drink after that, I haven't gotten that hyped for a basketball game in years.

And you want us to believe youre a Sonics fan?

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":c855ho3k said:
Throwdown":c855ho3k said:

And you want us to believe youre a Sonics fan?

Years as in.. 8 years, in the Western Semi's were Manu flopped for the Spurs to beat the Sonics in 6?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Heat fanboys are the worst. I bet you shaved your hairline back just for the game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":7jm07rwj said:
Heat fanboys are the worst. I bet you shaved your hairline back just for the game.

I did it cuz I thought you looked cool with your receding hairline...

knownone

Reaction score
Throwdown":26p4hw8b said:
knownone":26p4hw8b said:
The WWE of "professional" sports.

How you figure?

Because Manu didn't get a call? They let them play, 'Bron got fouled a few times there in OT that never got called. Its good the refs swallowed their whistles down the stretch.
The game should be called consistently throughout and it wasn't. I have no vested interest in either team so the outcome doesn't matter the officiating is just awful.

SirTed

Reaction score
Re: The fouls / non -calls at the end of the game. They were fouls - on both Ginobli and Green -

But I don't think you call either. Manu especially because that idiot (I really &**& hate him right now) drove into traffic. He probably gets the call if he's got Allen 1on1.

I think it's clear the Spurs are the better team, but Miami has better players - if that makes sense. San Antonio totally shot themselves in the foot tonight. They went away from Duncan who was MASTERFUL in the first half. Parker didn't have it (although hit 2 clutch shots late - he ended up 6/23) Manu LOST THE GAME by himself - 9pts, 8 turns in about 30min. That's so horrible it's pathetic.

Then to top it off - Popovich out coached himself tonight. Confession - I hate offense / defense substitutions anyway - but they REALLY killed the Spurs tonight. Why would you take Duncan off the floor with Bosh still playing, when you're up 4? Makes NO sense. Are you afraid Bosh is going to come of a screen or something?

So frustrating.

Unfortunately - I think Miami's got the momentum, so Game 7 is going to be tough for the Spurs.
Pop will have something in the game plan to get Tony going - he won't go 6-23 again. But what will Duncan have left in the tank? He poured his heart and soul into that game, and he's 37 with many, many miles on those tires.
Manu was awful, and they just need him to be better. And we'll find out if the media broke Danny Green, or if he still has a play or two left.

If I was Pop, I might consider giving Neal a few of Green's late game minutes - depending on the match-ups. Green has been an EXCELLENT defender of Lebron and Wade, but he struggled chasing Allen around screens last night. I'm not sure Neal could fare much better but I think he's quicker although prone to more mistakes / bad gambles. Plus - the Heat were closing out hard on Green - something we'll see again in Game 7, and Green struggled a bit putting the ball on the deck and getting to the rim, and / or creating a shot off of the dribble - something that Neal may be better at.

Lastly, at the end of the game, with James on Parker, if the Spurs had ONE other player who could play pick and roll with Duncan (PAGING MANU FREAKING GINOBLI) they would have won the game handily. Plus - as a Spurs fan / armchair coach - if you put James on Parker, I'm taking Parker off of the ball and running him through screen after screen after screen - and then settling for pick and roll action with Parker (if he got a switch) or Ginobli / Neal with creaky Wade / Allen on him, or getting the ball down low to TD who was abandoned in the 2nd half last night.

On the Heat side we'll see more of the same. We'll continue to see pick and rolls with Lebron and Chalmers / Wade. I'm sure they'll be heat checking Allen off of pin downs. Their offense has gotten simpler and simpler and at this point just comes down to Wade making jumpers and Lebron making good decisions depending on the match up he's given. What it really comes down to is defensive intensity, getting turn overs and easy buckets. I don't think I've ever seen a more front running team than the '13 Miami Heat. This is a slight dig, but it's also just true. There's an apparent cliff at about Heat +12-15 and if they can get there, the game is virtually over - otherwise there's a bunch of tight possessions that come down to Lebron bailing them out.

My gut says Heat - my basketball brain says Spurs. We'll see.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SirTed, thank you. I really dig your posts in this thread.

TravTex

Reaction score
SirTed":szia7s6i said:
pehawk":szia7s6i said:

Thanks, man. Happy to get to talk hoops.

I can't express enough disgust for Ginobli. Yeah, I'm in San Antonio, and I'm sure he's a great guy that's invested in the community and does HEB commercials and whatever, but AAAARGH. Even when the dude would MAKE a shot, my wife and I were screaming at the TV. The second Manu touches the ball, seriously. Both of us, "NOOOOO!!!" It's completely absurd. He flails around, plays Manu vs Other Guys, then just awkwardly chucks the ball up if he hasn't already lost it.

He's making more money than Duncan. Does he have incriminating photos of Pop in his locker? What the hell?

8 turnovers in a single possession game. I put the loss directly on top of Manu's head.

SirTed

Reaction score
TravTex":4bfxxd3f said:
SirTed":4bfxxd3f said:
pehawk":4bfxxd3f said:

Thanks, man. Happy to get to talk hoops.

I can't express enough disgust for Ginobli. Yeah, I'm in San Antonio, and I'm sure he's a great guy that's invested in the community and does HEB commercials and whatever, but AAAARGH. Even when the dude would MAKE a shot, my wife and I were screaming at the TV. The second Manu touches the ball, seriously. Both of us, "NOOOOO!!!" It's completely absurd. He flails around, plays Manu vs Other Guys, then just awkwardly chucks the ball up if he hasn't already lost it.

He's making more money than Duncan. Does he have incriminating photos of Pop in his locker? What the hell?

8 turnovers in a single possession game. I put the loss directly on top of Manu's head.

9pts. 8turns. 36min.
No Question that's where the lion's share of the blame belongs. I'm just as frustrated with Ginobli as you but it is important to remember what that guy has done for the franchise, and that he's a SURE FIRE HoFer. He's been really bad this post season, and even when he was great, he often had me ripping my hair out BUT he also makes plays that no one is else willing or capable of making. Unfortunately, those instances have dwindled in the last few years.

For SA to win, and again my brain says they can and WILL they really neit can be ed another player to step up other than Parker, Duncan, Diaw (defensively) and the unbelievably consistent almost superstar Kwai Leonard.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kawhai Leonard, if Pop sticks around is going to be the next torch bearer for the Spurs franchise, and he'll still have Parker with him. I really like that young man.