ATTN NHL Fans: Coyotes to Seattle is Plan B?

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Throwdown":2yrxbzxm said:
Someone wanna give me a crash court on modern Hockey? who are the IT guys? the storied franchises? The NHL's equivalent to the 12th man?

I'm intrigued to try just ONE game if they do come.

Interesting excersise. Ill try. Best team Chicago Blackhawks. Most storied franchise is probably Montreal Canadiens (think yankees). Team that thinks is the centre of the universe is the Toronto Maple Leafs (cowboys). most despised team Vancouver canucks, divers, line up full of douche bags and thugs, fans actually burn the city to the ground when they loose the cup (raiders). As a Nuck fan I dont think it applies anymore but its a rep thats hard to shake. Most saddest sack team Ny Islanders or Edmonton Oilers. Isles were better this year finally and Oil with all those first overall picks should eventually not suck.

As for players. Crosby is the face of the league (gretzky Jordan). Most exciting player probably Ovechkin. The guy is a magician. Most over rated players, anyone one from Canadiens, Leafs or Detroit Redwings. Dirtiest/best hitter probably Raffi Torres from the sharks. Best goal scorer probably Stamkos from Tampa. Best set up man probably Henrick Sedin from Canucks.

As for fans. Canadien and leaf fans are fanatical. Like green bay or cowboy fans.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
What about this Coyotes team? I know they were in the playoffs not too long ago, is this team any good?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":2gtlgync said:
What about this Coyotes team? I know they were in the playoffs not too long ago, is this team any good?

I don't know much about them but they have had a flurry of struggles. Gambling scandal, financial issues etc. I think though hockey is more like baseball I'm that an eighth seed can win it all and unlike other sports hockey players seem to stay Where they are more than basketball and baseball.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I love hockey, would be so pumped to get a team here. An NHL team in Seattle would quickly become a destination team as well given geography in relation to the majority of players being perfectly comfortable with this climate. Unlike modern NBA players who look to get to LA, NY or Miami ASAP.

I love my Lakers and basketball, yes. But if you get sick of flopping and guys writhing in pain from a scrape, get ready to watch dudes kill penalties with fractured legs.

Plus, our natural geographical rivals (Canucks) are easily one of the most hateable teams in sports.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like they have until the first week of July to get something done or they are Seattles. This doesn't seem like something they are using Seattle as leverage for, they haven't had an owner for years and lose 35-40 million a year. The NHL isn't intrested in losing money.

The current coach (no longer under contract, but we could still keep him) has never had a losing season.

Oh, and JR will be involved with the team if it comes to Seattle!

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
The Coyotes were in the Western Conference Finals just last year - as a 3 seed. Lost to the 8 seed Kings who went on to win the cup.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Am I really this starved for a winter sports? That I ACTUALLY want an NHL team? I don't even know anything about the NHL, only NHL thing I ever owned was NHL 95 (I was cold with Buffalo) for Sega Genesis.

49771-noscale-NHL-95-cart.jpg

Subzero717

Reaction score
volsunghawk":wkfbksma said:
kobebryant":wkfbksma said:
But if you get sick of flopping and guys writhing in pain from a scrape...

Then be prepared to ignore Sidney Crosby. :mrgreen:

In fairness to Crosby he has had multiple concussions and a broken jaw. They aren't all flops.

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2vvi7y0r said:
volsunghawk":2vvi7y0r said:
kobebryant":2vvi7y0r said:

In fairness to Crosby he has had multiple concussions and a broken jaw. They aren't all flops.

Exactly, I'd like to see someone in any other sport compete with a broken Jaw just weeks after it happened. Sid gets a lot of hate but I'm a huge fan of his. Guy is a stud.

People were all over him for talking trash to Chara when Chara was trying to leave the ice but not many saw the replay that shows Chara taking a cheap shot punch at Sid's Jaw when he's being held back by another Bruin player - weak Chara, weak.

Also, the Boston Strong Fix is on - has been since Round 1.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":35b51fl6 said:
volsunghawk":35b51fl6 said:
kobebryant":35b51fl6 said:

Did he dislodge his jaw while crying to a ref? :mrgreen:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
So, stuff went crazy. I guess the Glendale City Council met and there is lots of friction. They don't have a deal, and "there wasn't instant love for the [RSE] proposal."

See below:

Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 50 s

#Glendale's attorney says city staff will continue talks with #Renaissance. This is certain: There wasn't instant love for the proposal.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seems to me like Glendale doesn't care near as much about keeping hockey as Sac did about keeping the kings.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
They're being asked to subsidize the team AGAIN, i don't blame them if they are fed up.

JOz56

Reaction score
m0ng0":1qdubo7h said:
I get the feeling Seattle is being used again :cry:

It's been said as much. I actually do believe things are going on behind the scenes in both leagues to where we are getting to this point.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I don't watch hockey near as much as I used to. I always rooted for the Rangers, but if Seattle had a team, they'd be my new favorite by default. I'd probably have to start paying attention again.