NBA Playoffs

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Love it when the Spurs get hot.

The Heat got their licks in game 2, the Spurs got it tonight, I expect the rest of the series to balance out and resemble game 1, which was a simply incredible basketball game.

I'm fine with the Spurs running away with this thing in 5, but the basketball fan in me wants some competitive basketball.

TravTex

Reaction score
Key thing of that game for me, a San Antonian.... Seeing the younger guys tearing up the Heat. Leonard, Green, Neal, Splitter not getting monumentally stuffed. Good stuff for future Spurs seasons.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I was a huge David Robinson fan when I was a kid, and have stayed on the bandwagon due to Duncan and Pop. Loved watching them take the Heat down a few pegs last night and hope it keeps up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I wanna know how and when did Gary Neal decide he was Reggie Miller?

Anyone whos paid attention knows Leonard is a pretty solid to good player, could easily get better as his game matures, Green's had a career revival in San Antonio, Splitter is very solid.

Spurs player scouting and development has been friggin top notch for a long long time.

knownone

Reaction score
Does anyone think LeBron can figure out the Spurs defense? Popovich is taking LeBrons athleticism completely out of the game and forcing him to be a skill player and he doesn't have an answer. It's kind of striking that the best basketball player in the world, is passing on uncontested wide open 15 footers.

knownone

Reaction score
knownone":3iozctky said:
Does anyone think LeBron can figure out the Spurs defense? Popovich is taking LeBrons athleticism completely out of the game, forcing him to be a skill player and he doesn't have an answer. It's kind of striking that the best basketball player in the world, is passing on uncontested wide open 15 footers.

SirTed

Reaction score
knownone":2uh289i0 said:
Does anyone think LeBron can figure out the Spurs defense? Popovich is taking LeBrons athleticism completely out of the game and forcing him to be a skill player and he doesn't have an answer. It's kind of striking that the best basketball player in the world, is passing on uncontested wide open 15 footers.

That same defensive scheme wont work in game 4 (I'm saying this as a Spurs fan) - but I don't think Pop expects it to either.

I love watching the Spurs, and for the last several years I have not been able to figure out why they're not more popular. The way the ball flies around, it's just a beautiful thing.

I have respect for James and (most of ) the Heat, but I can't stand watching their isolation game. So ugly.

Other observations:

I love Danny Green's jumper. freakin' beautiful.

Kawai Leonard has done an outstanding job defending Lebron. I have no idea how, and to less degree (because of less opportunities) Danny Green has guessed right when defending Lebron A BUNCH of times. So many times that it makes you wonder if he has some tendencies figured out.

And Leonard can rebound THE SHIT out of the ball. Dude is a small forward and is averaging 12 rebounds a game in the series. In game one, mostly guarding Lebron, Leonard had 10. Lebron had 18. Think about that for a second, two guys, matched up, grabbing 28 rebounds between them. Amazing. They must be absolutely battling down there.

The Outfield

Reaction score
For some reason, I feel like these finals are rigged to draw this out to 7 games in order for the NBA to reap more profits.

Throwdown

Reaction score
-The Glove-":374jddeg said:
Only way Heat can win. Go Zebras!

Take it anyway I can get it, as long as I don't see Ginobili and his bald spot raising that Larry O'Brien.

TravTex

Reaction score
My wife and I LIVE in San Antonio and we've been sitting here all series cringing and protesting loudly every time Ginobli touches the ball. 14 million should buy more than Manu has to offer.

That said, #¿§°* the Heat.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TravTex":fxjbi0md said:
My wife and I LIVE in San Antonio and we've been sitting here all series cringing and protesting loudly every time Ginobli touches the ball. 14 million should buy more than Manu has to offer.

That said, #¿§°* the Heat.

I can understand your views on it, I'm just sitting here getting angry, he flopped like 3 times in 2 minutes lol

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
im sorry but the refs in this game are sooooooooooooo slanted its not funny I know they want them to go to 7 but damn.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":219ee25p said:
Won't be no game 7 in my eye, LeBron is practically playing with the Cavs again.

Lol. Too bad LeBron doesn't have more help.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
the refs just don't want them to hurt the old men. I mean some of these fouls are messed up and there was a ghost that made them.