Concern for Marshawn

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think it was more evidence of Lynch either having a flare up of his back spasms, a nagging injury to his arm/hand, or fatigue after a long and grueling season. 1 isn't going away, so that is a concern, 2 might have healed by now (if it existed), and 3 will be taken care of with the addition of Christine. So, 33% worried.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Beast Mode dropping the ball. Opposing D's will have so much to account for that Lynch is bound to have a great season.

A

Anonymous

Largent80":1zrhlhs6 said:
I hate it when a player knocks out the ball and it is called a fumble.

I know, right?

They should call it a "strip" when the ball is poked out by the D. Even though it has the same result, at least the stats would tell a better story.

Wait, they do that already, don't they?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
It was very irritating and uncharacteristic of him to lose those fumbles. I don't expect it to become a habit. Marshawn has had some great control of the ball his entire career with Seattle. I'm considering those last 3 games a fluke for him.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
HoustonHawk82":fjnocdn3 said:
Largent80":fjnocdn3 said:

I know, right?

They should call it a "strip" when the ball is poked out by the D. Even though it has the same result, at least the stats would tell a better story.

This reminds me of a sportswriter in San Antonio, Dan Cook, campaigning for a Tipped Interception stat to show when an INT was not the QBs fault and instead was the fault of the receiver bobbling or tipping a catchable pass into a CBs hands.

That stat would have benefited Russell Wilson's numbers last year.

themunn

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":28byx1gh said:
The last thing I'm worried about is Lynch fumbling.

It happens every once in a while and is just a characteristic of his running style.

We just have to take all the good with a little bad.

I dunno, he's a clutch fumbler and it certainly worries me somewhat. Not just his fumbles in Washington and Atlanta - he so nearly cost us the Chicago game with a fumble that RW was right behind him to collect in the 4th Q (much like Wilson's fumble that Lynch was there to collect in Washington).

I don't mind fumbling once in a while, but only when those "whiles" are in the 1st Q at the halfway line

Basis4day

Reaction score
themunn":2zcdjwj8 said:
onanygivensunday":2zcdjwj8 said:
The last thing I'm worried about is Lynch fumbling.

It happens every once in a while and is just a characteristic of his running style.

We just have to take all the good with a little bad.

I dunno, he's a clutch fumbler and it certainly worries me somewhat. Not just his fumbles in Washington and Atlanta - he so nearly cost us the Chicago game with a fumble that RW was right behind him to collect in the 4th Q (much like Wilson's fumble that Lynch was there to collect in Washington).

I don't mind fumbling once in a while, but only when those "whiles" are in the 1st Q at the halfway line

Again. Lynch has less fumbles than Adrian Peterson. Must be the off-season.

formido

Reaction score
Renohawk":2q9tvpnx said:
Does anyone else have the same concern for Marshawn as me as it pertains to fumbles? In his last three games, he fumbled in each, losing two of those at critical times of the game. I hope this is a fluke and not some trend that is on the horizon.

In the Atlanta game, the ball was punched out by one player precisely simultaneous with a crotch punch from another player:

nut-punch.gif

That said, that was one play (of several) which, had it been changed, Seattle probably wins the game. Very disappointing. And, aside from the official fumbles in the last three games, his TD at the end of the game at Atlanta was this close to yet another fumble. I don't think thoughtful reasoning led him to decide it was safe to give up the ball 4 inches over the goal line.

themunn

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ulj3tfw said:

Again, what I said was Lynch is a clutch fumbler, fumbles at the worst possible time. Not that he fumbles more than anyone else.
And Peterson has fumbled the ball 6 times in the last 3 seasons. Lynch fumbled 7 times in 2012. Peterson only has more fumbles because he fumbled regularly in his first 3 years.

It's all good and well being reliable during the season and only fumbling a handful of times, but fumbling twice in the playoffs and losing both is definitely a case of "clutch fumbling"

Cartire

Reaction score
themunn":29zifwft said:
Basis4day":29zifwft said:

Again, what I said was Lynch is a clutch fumbler, fumbles at the worst possible time. Not that he fumbles more than anyone else.
And Peterson has fumbled the ball 6 times in the last 3 seasons. Lynch fumbled 7 times in 2012. Peterson only has more fumbles because he fumbled regularly in his first 3 years.

It's all good and well being reliable during the season and only fumbling a handful of times, but fumbling twice in the playoffs and losing both is definitely a case of "clutch fumbling"

No, its defiantly just bad luck. Thats it. Their is no higher probability that he fumbles during clutch times. Just that we will remember those better, because they were at clutch times.

I dont know exactly what you want him to get better at. He doesnt fumble often. You cant approve "clutch" fumble statistics since its not really a trait or a skil, its just a blind luck scenario. If he was a high percentage fumbler regardless, then their is a concern. But hes not, therefor there is no concern.

McGruff

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1uzvfcbi said:
HoustonHawk82":1uzvfcbi said:
Largent80":1uzvfcbi said:

I know, right?

This reminds me of a sportswriter in San Antonio, Dan Cook, campaigning for a Tipped Interception stat to show when an INT was not the QBs fault and instead was the fault of the receiver bobbling or tipping a catchable pass into a CBs hands.

That stat would have benefited Russell Wilson's numbers last year.

Along with the
"Oops I fell down INT" stat.