Awards we have never won....

rjdriver

Reaction score
Just looking at some awards and milestones we have never won. What are the chances we accomplish some this year and where applicable, by whom?

1. Best league regular season record- never

2.Defensive Rookie of the Year- none

3. Offensive Rookie of the year -none

4. Super Bowl Champion- never

5. Super Bowl MVP -none

Or could we possibly add to these lists?

Coach of the year - 2 (Patera, Knox)
NFL MVP- 1 (Alexander)
Defensive Player of the Year- 2 (Easly, Kennedy)
Offensive Player of the Year- 1 (Alexander)
Pro Bowl MVP -1 (Moon)

Yeah, probably two different threads, but what do you think about the first five and if you're bored, the bottom five if you've got time.

drdiags

Reaction score
1 - I don't think this will happen this year.
2 - I don't think our 3rd and 5th round DTs make that big an impact. I do not expect any other rookie defensive players to have much playing time.
3 - I don't think this happens, unless injuries hit the RB group, then maybe C Michael could have a chance.
4 - I hope so
5 - If #4 happens, then this happens.
Coach of the Year - No, there is some backlash floating around due to the PEDs story getting more scrutiny.
NFL MVP - Yes, if Harvin and Wilson get a quick connection going, Harvin has the skills to.
DPOY - Yes, if media looks at the production and nothing else (they, not the players/coaches, make this choice), Sherman could have a monster season
OPOY - Possible, if Harvin gets MVP he could get OPOY.
Pro Bowl MVP - I hope not. Rather have to play the following Sunday.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
I agree with you Diags. More than anything I want to change number 4. If we do, despite not being the favorite, I have a feeling Marshawn might be the answer to #5

I also agree that with our strength of schedule , no way we finish with the best league record.

A

Anonymous

I'd be happy with the elephant in the room of that list. Superbowl win.

Most of the rest fall into place after that one. :th2thumbs:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Unfortunately, 2 and 3 should have happened last year.

Wilson was as good or better than either Griffen or Luck, and did so competing and winning the starting job behind two veteran QBs as well as not having the presence or guidance veteran WRs like Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss whispering in Wilson's ears.

Bobby Wagner should have also been DPOY as MLB of the No. 1 Scoring Defense and No. 4 Yardage Defense as was just as product as Kuelchy per snap.

Kuechly had 921 snaps compared to Wagner's 849.

Unfortunately, I think FO includes playoff snaps counts when you choose the "ALL" selection. If that's the case, Wagner's performance is:

849 snaps: 157 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 passes defensed, 4 Ints, and 0 FF.

Luke Kuelchly:

921 snaps: 164 tackles, 1 sack, 8 passes defensed, 2 Ints and 0 FF.

So in 72 less snaps the considerable difference between Wagner and Kuelchly is a mere 7 tackles and 3 passes defensed.

It was a close call between Griffin and Wilson but Wilson still finished 3rd behind Luck.

However, Wagner should have won DPOY, just as good of an indivdual player on a statistically better defense.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1cyxiojb said:

Wilson was as good or better than either Griffen or Luck, and did so competing and winning the starting job behind two veteran QBs as well as not having the presence or guidance veteran WRs like Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss whispering in Wilson's ears.

Bobby Wagner should have also been DPOY as MLB of the No. 1 Scoring Defense and No. 4 Yardage Defense as was just as product as Kuelchy per snap.

Unfortunately, I think FO includes playoff snaps counts when you choose the "ALL" selection. If that's the case, Wagner's performance is:

Luke Kuelchly:

So in 72 less snaps the considerable difference between Wagner and Kuelchly is a mere 7 tackles and 3 passes defensed.

It was a close call between Griffin and Wilson but Wilson still finished 3rd behind Luck.

However, Wagner should have won DPOY, just as good of an indivdual player on a statistically better defense.

I get the argument for Wagner but RG3 deserved ROY over Russell. I would of went Rg3, wilson then luck.

Sac

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":ix8gx57g said:
Pandion Haliaetus":ix8gx57g said:

Luke Kuelchly:

I get the argument for Wagner but RG3 deserved ROY over Russell. I would of went Rg3, wilson then luck.

Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12evanf

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1bk3bw6o said:
Didn't Mirer win OROY?

I looked it up. Curt Warner and Rick Mirer both got United Press Offensive ROTY awards. Joey Galloway got a Newspaper Enterprise ROTY award. Then Russell Wilson just won the Pepsi ROTY.

The big one is the Associated Press ROTY which we have never won for defense or offense.

mikeak

Reaction score
Since everyone thought Kaep was a rookie this year maybe RW can win rookie of the year this year........

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":15q17bx0 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":15q17bx0 said:

Luke Kuelchly:

I still think its more subjective for only these crucial facts:

Luck went No. 1, Griffin No. 2... Both knew which teams they were going to, so much in fact, both teams already had them studying their respective play-book a month before the draft. Both QBs knew they were going to be the starter.

Wilson on the other hand had to share 1/3 of reps with two other starters. 1) A incumbent starter from the previous, the QB most of the team was entrenched around 2) a moderately priced free agent that the team was warming up to.

Wilson's uphill battle hindered his chemistry until about halfway into the season where Wilson and the Seahawks WRs were finally understanding each other.

So yeah of course Luck and Griff started strong, they were more ready at the start of the system and more in sync with their teams, the Redskins even installed an offense that suited Griffin's ability.

Wilson had to wait until the later half of the season before Bevell started installing stuff suited to Wilson's ability.

But Wilson statistically was one of the best QBs in the NFL in his last 10 games or so. Wilson also played in a tougher division ,defensively, as well as a stronger schedule.

So no I don't believe Griffin was the clear cut winner over Wilson. It should have been in the very least a co-award.