Rams look to be a factor this year.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think Fisher believes in him for at least one more season.

The one thing that has always bothered me about him, is actually himself. He was quoted as saying he reads David and Goliath before every game. Don't care what your religious beliefs are, that is just a bad mindset for a QB.

He had a tough start to the team he was drafted to play for. I would not wish Spag on any player. And then McDaniels under Spag.

This will be the first year we actually see Bradford for him. Looking forward to it.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Despite all of the extra draft picks I'm just happy that they don't have Robert Griffin. Although it would be pretty incredible to have Wilson, Kaepernick and Griffin in the same division for entertainment's sake, if nothing else.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm happy they don't have Griffin as well.

I'm one of the few Rams' fans who thinks Bradford will come into himself as the team does. That was my point. Slowly.

But if my belief is misguided and wrong, this season will tell. And then you will be playing Bridgewater in 2014.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I personally believe that Bradford can be an elite QB. However, if he will depends on how shell shocked he's become playing behind that crap oline. If he hasn't developed really bad habits he has a chance.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Part of this depends on Shotty. I see nothing from his Jets' time to think much of him. But then, I'm not an NFL coach, so I trust Fisher.

My gut thinks this will be a good year for Bradford.

Rambitious

Reaction score
RedAlice":hx94qth2 said:
I'm happy they don't have Griffin as well.

I'm one of the few Rams' fans who thinks Bradford will come into himself as the team does. That was my point. Slowly.

But if my belief is misguided and wrong, this season will tell. And then you will be playing Bridgewater in 2014.

I kind of agree with you.
Although, unless he has a horrific season without substantial team injuries as a contributor, I don't think Fisher gives up on Sam this year.

I mean Fisher has said on multiple occasions that Sam Bradford was a BIG reason why Fisher came to the Rams in the first place.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I have several thoughts to answer you.

However, why are we on a lovely, well-planned, organized and functional Seahawk fan board for this topic?

Both Hawks and Niners have great boards about their team and football in general. Rams in St Louis have a stupid board with trolls who hate the Rams. It's a Bradford war.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":1npgb32z said:
Everyone knows rookie WR's rarely have a first season where they "get it".

In the near future they will be a major pain in the ass.
This right here. They are still a year out but when it clicks they are going to be a problem.

hawker84

Reaction score
Our defense should be in the top 5 again this season.. And even if we can't impose our will on teams with our defense and running game, we are now built to win shootouts with any team this year... With the much improved offense and solid D, I like our chances against any team we face this season... Niners and Rams will be tough for sure, but so are we..

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Rams challenge us and the Niners. They're a matchup problem and a well coached team.

I get frustrated when we play them

Brahn

Reaction score
After the huge blowouts against the Cards,Bills,Niners the Rams were a team that brought us all back down and gave us a scare at home for a bit until late in the game. That game had that that old Warner to Holt to ruin our weekend feel to it.

Rambitious

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2ixzisq9 said:
They've made some good moves and I think their 2nd year RB is ready to take over for Jackson. The acquisition of Austin - along with was it 4 other WR's? - should bolster their passing game. Bradford was a very good QB behind a very bad oline and it took its toll on him. But with an upgraded oline, good WR's and a defense that will keep them in games, they will be a threat this season.

Everyone knows the Hawks and Niners are the two to beat, but given the Rams rapid rise, their good coaching and looking at their schedule, I see a team that could easily go 10-6.

NFC West is starting to remind me of the AFC West of the 80's.

I mostly agree with this, however I'm not sure their schedule is going to do them any favors.
They are tied for having the second HARDEST schedule in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... e-for-2013

2013 Strength of schedule
Team SOS
Opponent record

Carolina Panthers .543 138-116-2
Detroit Lions .539 138-118-0
New Orleans Saints .539 137-117-2
St. Louis Rams .539 137-117-2
Baltimore Ravens .535 137-119-0
Green Bay Packers .533 136-119-1
Arizona Cardinals .520 131-121-4
Miami Dolphins .520 133-123-0
San Francisco 49ers .520 132-122-2
Minnesota Vikings .516 132-124-0
Seattle Seahawks .516 130-122-4
Cincinnati Bengals .508 130-126-0
Jacksonville Jaguars .508 129-125-2
New England Patriots .508 130-126-0
Atlanta Falcons .504128-126-0
Chicago Bears .502 128-127-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers .500 127-127-2
Washington Redskins .498 127-128-1
New York Jets .496 127-129-0
Philadelphia Eagles .496 127-129-0
Cleveland Browns .492 126-130-0
Pittsburgh Steelers .496 126-130-0
Tennessee Titans .488 124-130-2
New York Giants .480 123-133-0
Dallas Cowboys .480 121-134-1
Buffalo Bills .473 121-135-0
Houston Texans .473 120-134-2
Kansas City Chiefs .473 121-135-0
Oakland Raiders .469 120-136-0
Indianapolis Colts .461 117-137-2
San Diego Chargers .457 117-139-0
Denver Broncos .430 110-146-0

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how 5'7 Austin, probably the smallest receiver in the league, is going to handle the physicality of a guy like Brandon Browner. Welcome to the NFL -- ask Greg Jennings how he liked it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":wfgrmkyl said:
Can't wait to see how 5'7 Austin, probably the smallest receiver in the league, is going to handle the physicality of a guy like Brandon Browner. Welcome to the NFL -- ask Greg Jennings how he liked it.

Seeings how he will more than likely be lined up in the slot I don't know we will ever find out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I can't wait to see how Austin reacts to how we test him, you know there will be some NFCCG tactics used on him, they're gonna see how he reacts to violent hit, and they're gonna see how he reacts when they try to knock him off his route at the line.

That being said, I hope the Rams beat the 49ers every single time they play them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Throwdown":pltobau3 said:
I can't wait to see how Austin reacts to how we test him, you know there will be some NFCCG tactics used on him, they're gonna see how he reacts to violent hit, and they're gonna see how he reacts when they try to knock him off his route at the line.

That being said, I hope the Rams beat the 49ers every single time they play them.

The interesting thing to me as a Rams' fan is knowing other teams think this about Austin. Might work out nicely for this young talented O - cannot think of a recent Rams target for D's to plan against other than SJax. Maybe Amendola for the few games he played.

Cook is going to be the star, not Austin. Austin will take the focus.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2o399dgf said:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.

That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":acftiwr8 said:
NinerLifer":acftiwr8 said:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.

That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.

You can "overrate" a top two team? Can you sound like more of a Hawk homer than that statement?

Hey, Rams won't lose a divisional game this season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":24sg1ts3 said:

I live in San Diego, so this is now the favorite thing for Charger fans to tell me. Go midget Rams! Good thing Harvin is all the way to eleven. He's like an amazon woman.

rideaducati

Reaction score
vanillasuede":rfhv41wx said:
While everyone is betting 9 to 1, 7 to 1 etc on Sea and SF to win Super Bowl I got the Rams at 75 to 1. All they have to do is make the playoffs and I win off of hedges alone. Rams 4-1-1 last year in division and could have easily been 6-0.

The WR position has been substantially upgraded and their defense is awesome. That OLB Ogletree they got in the 1st round eats RBs for breakfast as he attacks and pounds on them. Kapernick and Wilson will not have the success they had last year running around against the Rams. Chris Long ate the Seahawks alive last year.

They added depth to the RB position with a very good 1 cut runner/screen catcher and the upgraded their secondary with safety McDonald.

The big prize was getting 2 WRs that will have no problem getting open in the NFL and will easily exploit tall CBs like Richard Sherman who will not be able to cover them as they are too quick at cutting and too fast. This will make their long WRs much more valuable. Look for Brian Quick to have a big year for them.

The Rams should win at least 10 games this year and make the playoffs.

The Rams could have just as easily been 2-4 in the division last year. Great first year division record, but the wins came on fluke plays. The Rams won't catch anyone off guard this year with their fake kicks and punts.

I guess you missed where Sherman was unable to cover Steve Smith. If I recall correctly, Smith is quick and fast and small. Go ahead and move a shifty little guy into the slot this year...Trufant isn't around anymore and has been replaced by the highest rated corner in the league last year. Good luck.

I think the Rams should win a lot of games this season and they might even be good enough to finish ahead of the niners for second in the division, but no one is finishing ahead of the Seahawks this year in the division.

Latest posts