A little thin at Tight End?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2uzvhqnp said:
I'm wondering if we are a little thin at tight end with McCoy on IR.

Miller is obviously a boss, but his foot issues could linger. If he were to miss time, we are left with Luke Willson (a pure receiving tight end), Sean McGrath and basketball convert Darren Fells (plus Cooper Helfet and Victor Marshall).

I wouldn't be shocked to see JS/PC prowling for a veteran TE. I wouldn't be shocked to see Morrah brought back, although personally I think that ship is sailed.

Whatcha think?

Throw James Carpenter out there and we won't be nearly as thin.

I wouldn't be against signing Cameron Morrah. I'm sure he isn't commanding more than a 1 year deal at this point.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russell Wilson's favorite target from NC state, 6-5 265 lb TE George Bryan is on the Browns practice squad. He has great hands and can block. If we were to bring in another TE I'd love it to be him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im not nervous at all. McCoy caught 18 passes last year. Thats not significant.

sutz

Reaction score
We went almost all season in 2012 w/o meaningful contributions at TE. Not too worried. Pete and Bevell seem able to generate points somehow, regardless.

I think I'd rather have our young guys work on their upside than bring in some worn out vet.

I wouldn't mind too much if they brought Morrah back in, but I don't consider it critical.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1e2vonwi said:
Im not nervous at all. McCoy caught 18 passes last year. Thats not significant.

Well...there's more to it than that.

He had 3 TDs, was our leading receiver with yards per catch (16.2), and had two of the longest catches our whole receiving corps had all season (67 yards against Arizona and 49 yards against the Rams). In fact, his 67-yarder was the longest pass completion on the team for the season.

He and Golden Tate were the only Seahawks receiver to eclipse 100 yards receiving in a game last year.

Now, I will say his role can be filled - most likely by Willson. Our offense sets up great opportunities for the second tight end and backs out of the field, especially now with another top-flight weapon (Harvin) in the mix.