Cameron Morrah

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 pm
  • Released today by the whiners to make room for a WR. I liked Morrah and wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back due to McCoy being out. Any takers?
    Image
    User avatar
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 927
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:38 pm
    Location: Yakima, Wa


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm
  • No, he's got that 49ers stank on him now.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19080
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:16 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:No, he's got that 49ers stank on him now.


    LOL... funny because one of the most popular Seahawks, Michael Robinson, used to be a 49er.

    Fortunately for us, M-Rob wasn't tainted by Jim Harbaugh.

    But it would be a smart move for the Seahawks to bring Morrah back, first, it will push threshold of competition beyond McGrath and Willson.

    They could nitpick Morrah's brain a little, they aren't going to get a whole lot in the schematics of things but Morrah could possibly pass along tidbits player habits particularly Colin K, and perhaps gauge the 49ers' level of commitment to their team and to each other beyond professional scene could help Seahawks in some little ways to understand exactly who the 49ers are... but its not like any info Morrah can give will be a trump card...

    However, Morrah knows the system, and the Seahawks can use a TE that has familiarity within our system. Plus, he's not completely without talent.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1806
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm
  • Mike rob is different!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19080
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm
  • It's like reunion week!

    I don't see it. They released him before they drafted Willson. I think they like Miller-Willson-McGrath a lot with Fells as the developmental guy.

    I believe Morrah's ship has sailed. He never really did much for us on the field, although I liked what he showed in the playoff game against the Saints.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7489
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:28 pm
  • Wouldn't be opposed to it now that McCoy is done for the season.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1550
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:It's like reunion week!

    I don't see it. They released him before they drafted Willson. I think they like Miller-Willson-McGrath a lot with Fells as the developmental guy.

    I believe Morrah's ship has sailed. He never really did much for us on the field, although I liked what he showed in the playoff game against the Saints.


    Wasn't he released due to injury?
    Image
    User avatar
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 927
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:38 pm
    Location: Yakima, Wa


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm
  • YaktownHawK wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:It's like reunion week!

    I don't see it. They released him before they drafted Willson. I think they like Miller-Willson-McGrath a lot with Fells as the developmental guy.

    I believe Morrah's ship has sailed. He never really did much for us on the field, although I liked what he showed in the playoff game against the Saints.


    Wasn't he released due to injury?


    Nope. But he was on IR last season...
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7489
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 pm
  • I wouldn't be against it to push the TE competition. I've always had pretty high hopes for Morrah.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11246
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 pm
  • After reading this topic, I'm beginning to wonder if some folk in the Oakland Raiders Front Office are now posting on Seahawks.net! :roll:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4789
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:03 pm
  • SF lost their #2 TE to FA and drafted his replacement early in the last draft.
    They must like the rook to cut CM before training camp.
    It would not be because CM was any good.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1497
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:After reading this topic, I'm beginning to wonder if some folk in the Oakland Raiders Front Office are now posting on Seahawks.net! :roll:


    Funny, how the Seahawks are a Zach Miller injury away from starting Seth McGrath or Luke Willson as their top 2 TEs.

    Before McCoy's injury... Morrah was expendable. Not saying the Seahawk's success will dependent on Morrah's return but if you don't think Morrah can push the threshold of competition behind Miller:

    McGrath, undrafted from Henderson St.
    Willson, 5th round pick based on athletic measure
    Heflett, undrafted from Duke University
    Fells, street free agent/project player/ converted basketball player

    and give the Seahawks a much needed body especially a TE with familiarity with our team and offense to get through the dredge that is training camp and pre-season then, yeah, some of us are just plain stupid and don't know anything or know enough to be Oakland Raider's executives.

    If a team who just went to the super bowl, took a flyer on Morrah out of pre draft necessity, you might think the former team who is familiar with that player could also take another flyer on that player out of depth necessity.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1806
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


Re: Cameron Morrah
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:10 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:After reading this topic, I'm beginning to wonder if some folk in the Oakland Raiders Front Office are now posting on Seahawks.net! :roll:


    Funny, how the Seahawks are a Zach Miller injury away from starting Seth McGrath or Luke Willson as their top 2 TEs.

    Before McCoy's injury... Morrah was expendable. Not saying the Seahawk's success will dependent on Morrah's return but if you don't think Morrah can push the threshold of competition behind Miller:

    McGrath, undrafted from Henderson St.
    Willson, 5th round pick based on athletic measure
    Heflett, undrafted from Duke University
    Fells, street free agent/project player/ converted basketball player

    and give the Seahawks a much needed body especially a TE with familiarity with our team and offense to get through the dredge that is training camp and pre-season then, yeah, some of us are just plain stupid and don't know anything or know enough to be Oakland Raider's executives.

    If a team who just went to the super bowl, took a flyer on Morrah out of pre draft necessity, you might think the former team who is familiar with that player could also take another flyer on that player out of depth necessity.


    Exactly. We had the luxury of having that 3rd TE be a project because we had two very capable guys in Miller and McCoy to carry the load; so buh bye Morrah. But now that we're without McCoy, Morrah's experience is that much more of an asset than it was prior to his departure.

    I totally see him coming back...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11246
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Cameron Morrah
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:18 am
  • I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle signed Morrah back. Though Morrah and McCoy are different kinds of TEs, Seattle never made a move to find another TE after McCoy's injury last month. Ditto to Fells who they released. That said, I'm pretty sure Seattle likes McGrath and feel reasonably comfortable about their situation at TE right now.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10720
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Cameron Morrah
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:43 am
  • I always felt like Morrah made some nice plays in the passing game, but as I understand it, his blocking wasn't up the the desires for the Hawks' running game. If Seattle doesn't try to bring him in, that would certainly speak volumes. That said, the 49'ers are one of the deeper rosters in the NFL, so there's really not much shame in bringing Morrah back for another look.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 664
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Cameron Morrah
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 am
  • If he is not looked at, then like Kearly mentioned, McGrath and Willson must be really showing up so far. Personally I think he would add that little bit of insurance of having another guy around who already knows the ropes of the system and has an established relationship with the team. That in itself seems like enough to bring him back aboard.
    Image
    User avatar
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 927
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:38 pm
    Location: Yakima, Wa


Re: Cameron Morrah
Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am
  • I am unsure on this one. McGrath looked pretty good last year and I would hope he is even better. At this point it is hard to say as his body of work is pretty small. The same can be said about Morrah. He was around a while but we never saw much of what he has to offer. I am inclined to move on unless the TE coach feels he is better than our current group in Mini- camp
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1859
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Cameron Morrah
Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am
  • Morrah had a tough NFC Divisional game against Chicago when Carlson went down. The Saints game, he made a few plays. He has some experience with the team the first 2 seasons with Pete, though last year he was injured. I am not sure he would help in the area of concern if Miller goes down. McGrath seems to be the main one who provides what Miller and McCoy do/did.

    I would bring him back if Willson starts to wane once the pads go on. I might sign him anyway.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9177
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Cameron Morrah
Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm
  • If the Hawks wanted Morrah back they would have brought him back instead of letting him walk and signing with SF for nothing. And if a team that is as hard up for veteran TE depth as any other in the league like SF is, dumps him before he even gets thru OTA's and to training camp, then he sure as hell isn't worth a damn anymore. Never mind the fact that he's coming off of a major injury and hasn't played a down since the 2011 season. Not exactly the Carroll/Schneider profile.

    Next.
    User avatar
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 664
    Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm


Re: Cameron Morrah
Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 pm
  • More and more I think it will happen, just a feeling.
    Image
    User avatar
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 927
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:38 pm
    Location: Yakima, Wa


Re: Cameron Morrah
Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:54 pm
  • At one time I had positive expectations for Cameron Morrah. The forty niners released him for the same reason Seahawks chose not to resign him ...... injuries.

    Besides, Cooper Helfet replaced Morrah as a movement TE/H-back candidate and negated the need to resign him.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3372
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Cameron Morrah
Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:10 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:That said, the 49'ers are one of the deeper rosters in the NFL, so there's really not much shame in bringing Morrah back for another look.


    They may be deep in some areas, but they're just as thin at TE as Seattle. They lost Delanie Walker and are similarly relying on a rookie out of Rice and a 2012 UDFA to step up. I think it says a lot that they dropped Morrah this early.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3609
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Cameron Morrah
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:06 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:That said, the 49'ers are one of the deeper rosters in the NFL, so there's really not much shame in bringing Morrah back for another look.


    They may be deep in some areas, but they're just as thin at TE as Seattle. They lost Delanie Walker and are similarly relying on a rookie out of Rice and a 2012 UDFA to step up. I think it says a lot that they dropped Morrah this early.


    Yes it says they are hurting at WR and none of the candidates are impressing enough to alleviate the need to bring in more receivers to look at and hope they find a serviceable candidate for the season.

    Simply put they need the roster spot and they need it now. Look for other fringe players to also get the ax until they either find someone or decide to go into the season with what they got.

    This is not an endorsement of Morah, I don't know where he would fit on our depth chart or if we are even thinking about replacing McCoy's position but I believe part of the reason was due to the need to find a receiver and without that need he may still be on that roster.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2978
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am




It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information