Tjack or Quinn (Update: TJack flying in for visit)

Throwdown

Reaction score
TJack got caked up and now he's gonna get a ring? Who the hell has it better than him?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1p6gooz4 said:
It's' not counting his money. If he is getting paid twice what Quinn is it could be a factor in whether he stays or not. Our cap is real important coming into the near future.

Why would Jackson's salary play into it at all? I highly doubt he signed for all that much more than Quinn. And even if he did, so what? He signed a one year deal. The Hawks wouldn't have signed him to a contract that screws up their salary cap this year. That makes no sense at all. Going into it, they had something like $4 mil in cap space. Even if TJack made over a mil, they'd be fine. This isn't like Matt Flynn making starter money and impacting your ability to re-sign Chancellor or make other moves. The roster is basically set. They aren't adding $4 mil more salary between now and week one.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It's just a question Sea town relax. The point was of he signed for let's say 1.5 and Quinn is at .75 then it could play into decision making. That would actually support the supporters because the FO onviously UST think higher of him and if it didn't work out it could partially be for financial reason.

As for the cap, every penny is going to be important soon and 3/4 of a mill could be rolled into next years cap.

hawk45

Reaction score
Throwdown":xyn7xv16 said:
TJack got caked up and now he's gonna get a ring? Who the hell has it better than him?

Seriously, he's getting hooked up pretty good here. Nobody can say he got mistreated by Seattle, that's for sure. He got a full year to start, proved he was a tough career backup, got hit by the RW bullet train, shipped to Buffalo, paid half a mil, then back to Seattle for the ice. Hopefully that'll innoculate us against the whiners who used to talk about how bad the poor guy always had it.

mikeak

Reaction score
SeaTown81":28sc7i7e said:
RichNhansom":28sc7i7e said:
It's' not counting his money. If he is getting paid twice what Quinn is it could be a factor in whether he stays or not. Our cap is real important coming into the near future.

Why would Jackson's salary play into it at all? I highly doubt he signed for all that much more than Quinn. And even if he did, so what? He signed a one year deal. The Hawks wouldn't have signed him to a contract that screws up their salary cap this year. That makes no sense at all. Going into it, they had something like $4 mil in cap space. Even if TJack made over a mil, they'd be fine. This isn't like Matt Flynn making starter money and impacting your ability to re-sign Chancellor or make other moves. The roster is basically set. They aren't adding $4 mil more salary between now and week one.

Cap rolls. $4million over this year is $4million you can spend next year. The money left under the cap now matters unlike before

Hey Sherman - do you want to make $1million less per year than you think you are worth because we signed TJack over Quinn

Just saying it matters. If you get your moneys worth then great if you are not then you don't spend it just because you are under the cap

12thManNorth

Reaction score
T-Jax is terrible. League average QB (at absolute BEST) for 3 quarters, and an absolute disaster in the 4th Quarter. He almost ruined my Christmas 2 years ago in that Xmas eve loss to the 9ers. That entire season I said we were a QB away from an instant 10 win team, and I'll be damned I was right. The least clutch Seahawks QB I've seen. To go from him to perhaps the most clutch Hawks QB in franchise history (time will tell but it looks bright for RW), I couldn't be more excited. The only problem is Brady Quinn might be just as terrible. I hated to get rid of Flynn as an insurance policiy, but seeing that money turned into some of the great signings they made makes me not as scared about that move. Everybody do a toast to Russell Wilson staying healthy this season and rendering this debate meaningless