Cameron Morrah

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Released today by the whiners to make room for a WR. I liked Morrah and wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back due to McCoy being out. Any takers?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Throwdown":309yatw6 said:
No, he's got that 49ers stank on him now.

LOL... funny because one of the most popular Seahawks, Michael Robinson, used to be a 49er.

Fortunately for us, M-Rob wasn't tainted by Jim Harbaugh.

But it would be a smart move for the Seahawks to bring Morrah back, first, it will push threshold of competition beyond McGrath and Willson.

They could nitpick Morrah's brain a little, they aren't going to get a whole lot in the schematics of things but Morrah could possibly pass along tidbits player habits particularly Colin K, and perhaps gauge the 49ers' level of commitment to their team and to each other beyond professional scene could help Seahawks in some little ways to understand exactly who the 49ers are... but its not like any info Morrah can give will be a trump card...

However, Morrah knows the system, and the Seahawks can use a TE that has familiarity within our system. Plus, he's not completely without talent.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It's like reunion week!

I don't see it. They released him before they drafted Willson. I think they like Miller-Willson-McGrath a lot with Fells as the developmental guy.

I believe Morrah's ship has sailed. He never really did much for us on the field, although I liked what he showed in the playoff game against the Saints.

OP
OP
YaktownHawK

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":12ild2ah said:
It's like reunion week!

I don't see it. They released him before they drafted Willson. I think they like Miller-Willson-McGrath a lot with Fells as the developmental guy.

I believe Morrah's ship has sailed. He never really did much for us on the field, although I liked what he showed in the playoff game against the Saints.

Wasn't he released due to injury?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
YaktownHawK":2p2ho9qs said:
FlyingGreg":2p2ho9qs said:
It's like reunion week!

Wasn't he released due to injury?

Nope. But he was on IR last season...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After reading this topic, I'm beginning to wonder if some folk in the Oakland Raiders Front Office are now posting on Seahawks.net! :roll:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
SF lost their #2 TE to FA and drafted his replacement early in the last draft.
They must like the rook to cut CM before training camp.
It would not be because CM was any good.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3o157e8c said:
After reading this topic, I'm beginning to wonder if some folk in the Oakland Raiders Front Office are now posting on Seahawks.net! :roll:

Funny, how the Seahawks are a Zach Miller injury away from starting Seth McGrath or Luke Willson as their top 2 TEs.

Before McCoy's injury... Morrah was expendable. Not saying the Seahawk's success will dependent on Morrah's return but if you don't think Morrah can push the threshold of competition behind Miller:

McGrath, undrafted from Henderson St.
Willson, 5th round pick based on athletic measure
Heflett, undrafted from Duke University
Fells, street free agent/project player/ converted basketball player

and give the Seahawks a much needed body especially a TE with familiarity with our team and offense to get through the dredge that is training camp and pre-season then, yeah, some of us are just plain stupid and don't know anything or know enough to be Oakland Raider's executives.

If a team who just went to the super bowl, took a flyer on Morrah out of pre draft necessity, you might think the former team who is familiar with that player could also take another flyer on that player out of depth necessity.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":229qtzq5 said:
Bigpumpkin":229qtzq5 said:

Funny, how the Seahawks are a Zach Miller injury away from starting Seth McGrath or Luke Willson as their top 2 TEs.

Before McCoy's injury... Morrah was expendable. Not saying the Seahawk's success will dependent on Morrah's return but if you don't think Morrah can push the threshold of competition behind Miller:

McGrath, undrafted from Henderson St.
Willson, 5th round pick based on athletic measure
Heflett, undrafted from Duke University
Fells, street free agent/project player/ converted basketball player

and give the Seahawks a much needed body especially a TE with familiarity with our team and offense to get through the dredge that is training camp and pre-season then, yeah, some of us are just plain stupid and don't know anything or know enough to be Oakland Raider's executives.

If a team who just went to the super bowl, took a flyer on Morrah out of pre draft necessity, you might think the former team who is familiar with that player could also take another flyer on that player out of depth necessity.

Exactly. We had the luxury of having that 3rd TE be a project because we had two very capable guys in Miller and McCoy to carry the load; so buh bye Morrah. But now that we're without McCoy, Morrah's experience is that much more of an asset than it was prior to his departure.

I totally see him coming back...

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle signed Morrah back. Though Morrah and McCoy are different kinds of TEs, Seattle never made a move to find another TE after McCoy's injury last month. Ditto to Fells who they released. That said, I'm pretty sure Seattle likes McGrath and feel reasonably comfortable about their situation at TE right now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I always felt like Morrah made some nice plays in the passing game, but as I understand it, his blocking wasn't up the the desires for the Hawks' running game. If Seattle doesn't try to bring him in, that would certainly speak volumes. That said, the 49'ers are one of the deeper rosters in the NFL, so there's really not much shame in bringing Morrah back for another look.

OP
OP
YaktownHawK

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
If he is not looked at, then like Kearly mentioned, McGrath and Willson must be really showing up so far. Personally I think he would add that little bit of insurance of having another guy around who already knows the ropes of the system and has an established relationship with the team. That in itself seems like enough to bring him back aboard.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am unsure on this one. McGrath looked pretty good last year and I would hope he is even better. At this point it is hard to say as his body of work is pretty small. The same can be said about Morrah. He was around a while but we never saw much of what he has to offer. I am inclined to move on unless the TE coach feels he is better than our current group in Mini- camp

drdiags

Reaction score
Morrah had a tough NFC Divisional game against Chicago when Carlson went down. The Saints game, he made a few plays. He has some experience with the team the first 2 seasons with Pete, though last year he was injured. I am not sure he would help in the area of concern if Miller goes down. McGrath seems to be the main one who provides what Miller and McCoy do/did.

I would bring him back if Willson starts to wane once the pads go on. I might sign him anyway.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
If the Hawks wanted Morrah back they would have brought him back instead of letting him walk and signing with SF for nothing. And if a team that is as hard up for veteran TE depth as any other in the league like SF is, dumps him before he even gets thru OTA's and to training camp, then he sure as hell isn't worth a damn anymore. Never mind the fact that he's coming off of a major injury and hasn't played a down since the 2011 season. Not exactly the Carroll/Schneider profile.

Next.