Sherman - most underpaid player in all of sports.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Niner fans crack me up with their so called knowledge of Seattle Seahawks contract situations. What every one of them can't comprehend is that Russell Okung and Earl Thomas came in under the old CBA. That means as first round picks they already make a lot of money, so re-signing them will not cost too much more than they already make. By the time Sherman and Wilson are ready for their new contracts, there will be a higher salary cap.

If I were a niner fan, I'd be more concerned about the niner salary cap situation in the next couple years. Not only are the niners ALREADY tight against the cap, they also have to pay a few of their players big money before the salary cap is expected to go up. Sure, they have most of their defensive players locked up for a few years, but what happens when Kaepernick has to be paid? The niners have almost 60 percent of their cap tied up in their defense. Add in Kaepernick and there won't be much room for any offensive help. Baalke hasn't had much luck in the draft since McLoughan left, which would also worry me... if I were a niner fan...Thank goodness I'm not.

I really can't wait for the niners to pay for Kaep.. I really don't think he's going to be very good.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
rideaducati":3dpw04nr said:
Niner fans crack me up with their so called knowledge of Seattle Seahawks contract situations. What every one of them can't comprehend is that Russell Okung and Earl Thomas came in under the old CBA. That means as first round picks they already make a lot of money, so re-signing them will not cost too much more than they already make. By the time Sherman and Wilson are ready for their new contracts, there will be a higher salary cap.

If I were a niner fan, I'd be more concerned about the niner salary cap situation in the next couple years. Not only are the niners ALREADY tight against the cap, they also have to pay a few of their players big money before the salary cap is expected to go up. Sure, they have most of their defensive players locked up for a few years, but what happens when Kaepernick has to be paid? The niners have almost 60 percent of their cap tied up in their defense. Add in Kaepernick and there won't be much room for any offensive help. Baalke hasn't had much luck in the draft since McLoughan left, which would also worry me... if I were a niner fan...Thank goodness I'm not.

I really can't wait for the niners to pay for Kaep.. I really don't think he's going to be very good.

Russell Okung - Making $7.06M/year on his original 6 year $48.5M deal. He will most likely command upwards of 10M per year, either from the Seahawks or elsewhere. (+3M/year)
Earl Thomas - Making $2.05M/year on his original 5 year $21.1M deal. He will most likely command upwards of 8M (more than Dashon Goldson). (+6M/year)

And Baalke doesn't have too much luck drafting... lol you're clueless...

2010: Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Navarro Bowman, Anthony Dixon, Kyle Williams - 2 All Pros, 1 Pro-Bowl alternate, a ST ace, and a solid WR
2011: Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore, Bruce Miller - 1 All Pro, franchise QB, best corner on the team, very solid backup RB, future starting C (possibly this year), starting FB (also a pro-bowl alternate)
2012: AJ Jenkins, LaMichael James, Joe Looney - admittedly, this years class wasn't in line with 2010 or 2011, but all the news from OTAs and minicamps is AJ Jenkins will be the #2 until Crabs comes back, LMJ is a playmaker and returner, and Joe Looney is the primary G backup to two pro-bowlers.
2013: Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Vance McDonald, Corey Lemonier, Quinton Patton, Marcus Lattimore - plug and play FS, future replacement for J.Smith, plug and play #2 TE, backup OLB, and great depth at skill positions.

Really, there are only two bad picks... Taylor Mays (who was championed by Mike Singletary) and AJ Jenkins, who may actually break out this year.

In terms of our contract situation, the only possible casualty will be Crabtree, but since his injury was really ill-timed for him, we may be able to keep him on the cheap. After all, we're paying $6M just this year for Anquan, and I'm sure they're working on a restructure deal right now (even though that was essentially the reason he left Balt).

And your comment about 60% of the cap is in defense is technically true for this year. But Patrick Willis' deal was significantly front-loaded, and Justin Smith will get restructured / extended this year. As of right now, we're $2.2M under and from the last estimate I say last year, we'll be $31M under after this year. I fully expect them to extend Iupati and Justin Smith this year. Because Crabtree's contract issues as a rookie, we have him for a 6th season (2014) as well. That year we'll extend Aldon and Kaep as soon as we can. So, like I said before, the only possible casualty is Crabs, but his injury may be a blessing in disguise.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NinerBuff":wgp0ohx1 said:
rideaducati":wgp0ohx1 said:

Russell Okung - Making $7.06M/year on his original 6 year $48.5M deal. He will most likely command upwards of 10M per year, either from the Seahawks or elsewhere. (+3M/year)
Earl Thomas - Making $2.05M/year on his original 5 year $21.1M deal. He will most likely command upwards of 8M (more than Dashon Goldson). (+6M/year)

And Baalke doesn't have too much luck drafting... lol you're clueless...

2010: Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Navarro Bowman, Anthony Dixon, Kyle Williams - 2 All Pros, 1 Pro-Bowl alternate, a ST ace, and a solid WR
2011: Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore, Bruce Miller - 1 All Pro, franchise QB, best corner on the team, very solid backup RB, future starting C (possibly this year), starting FB (also a pro-bowl alternate)
2012: AJ Jenkins, LaMichael James, Joe Looney - admittedly, this years class wasn't in line with 2010 or 2011, but all the news from OTAs and minicamps is AJ Jenkins will be the #2 until Crabs comes back, LMJ is a playmaker and returner, and Joe Looney is the primary G backup to two pro-bowlers.
2013: Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Vance McDonald, Corey Lemonier, Quinton Patton, Marcus Lattimore - plug and play FS, future replacement for J.Smith, plug and play #2 TE, backup OLB, and great depth at skill positions.

Really, there are only two bad picks... Taylor Mays (who was championed by Mike Singletary) and AJ Jenkins, who may actually break out this year.

In terms of our contract situation, the only possible casualty will be Crabtree, but since his injury was really ill-timed for him, we may be able to keep him on the cheap. After all, we're paying $6M just this year for Anquan, and I'm sure they're working on a restructure deal right now (even though that was essentially the reason he left Balt).

And your comment about 60% of the cap is in defense is technically true for this year. But Patrick Willis' deal was significantly front-loaded, and Justin Smith will get restructured / extended this year. As of right now, we're $2.2M under and from the last estimate I say last year, we'll be $31M under after this year. I fully expect them to extend Iupati and Justin Smith this year. Because Crabtree's contract issues as a rookie, we have him for a 6th season (2014) as well. That year we'll extend Aldon and Kaep as soon as we can. So, like I said before, the only possible casualty is Crabs, but his injury may be a blessing in disguise.

Baalke has done SQUAT since McLoughan left. He got two starters in his first draft without McLoughan and one player that has an NFL stat in his second.

The niner receiving corps wasn't very good WITH Crabtree, yet somehow they'll get better without him? Right.

If you really believe Kaepernick is a franchise QB, you're in for a terrible letdown. Not many QBs that can't make it past their first read make it in the NFL. Go back and watch ALL of Kaep's snaps and you won't use all of your fingers counting the times he makes it to his second read. There is a reason he couldn't beat out Alex Smith.

For the Seahawks, they cut Rice next year and add it to Okung and Thomas and they still have more cap space than your niners next year. John Schneider knows what he is doing and is better at it than niner fan will ever be...and he has done it EVERY year with his own draft board...unlike his niner counterpart.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1eog3t26 said:
My guess is Sherman will take his pay day with whatever team ponies up and then fade into the sunset.

Being a top CB in the NFL for a prolonged period of time is almost unheard of nowadays.
I strongly disagree with this in regards to Sherm. Can you seriously imagine a guy with an ego as massive as Sherman's, who is never afraid of calling people out, consenting to be just a mediocre player? I think he's too proud and too vocal NOT to be held accountable for his play. He's also a thinking-man's corner -- a guy who uses his skill first and his physicality second. I think if anyone is suited for longevity as a DB -- he has the combo of personality and intelligence to do it.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
rideaducati":12yop49o said:
Baalke has done SQUAT since McLoughan left. He got two starters in his first draft without McLoughan and one player that has an NFL stat in his second.

The niner receiving corps wasn't very good WITH Crabtree, yet somehow they'll get better without him? Right.

If you really believe Kaepernick is a franchise QB, you're in for a terrible letdown. Not many QBs that can't make it past their first read make it in the NFL. Go back and watch ALL of Kaep's snaps and you won't use all of your fingers counting the times he makes it to his second read. There is a reason he couldn't beat out Alex Smith.

For the Seahawks, they cut Rice next year and add it to Okung and Thomas and they still have more cap space than your niners next year. John Schneider knows what he is doing and is better at it than niner fan will ever be...and he has done it EVERY year with his own draft board...unlike his niner counterpart.

I guess he won Executive of the Year for showing up on time with coffee and doughnuts...

General Manager

Reaction score
Sherman will be resigned he likes it here and he wants to win . Is he going to command about 16 mill yes and he's worth it, he's the most impactful player on this defense.