Tebow to Patriots

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Spokane":3q67ul9q said:
I was watching and enjoying his play at FLA long before I knew of his personal views.
But the fact that Tim is a class act who holds to his beliefs and values makes me like him, sure.
When a guy puts his views out there and lives by it, whats not to like? Very few step up in life like Tebow.

Matthew 6:6 is why the love of Tebow makes me sick. When Kurt Warner goes on record that Tebow is too overt with his religion you know he's gone too far.

If Tebow was just a player instead of an icon for a certain segment of people he'd already be out of football. If you believe anything else you are delusional. Many good college QBs wash out in the NFL but because he's a poster child for people who feel threatened by our modern society we have to put up with this crap over and over again.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Give me a break, Nate; the media didn't kill crap. He had a lengthy opportunity in Denver to prove he can be an NFL QB.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rodm5fq said:
pehawk":2rodm5fq said:
Pats also play in a laughing stock of a division.

2008, the year Cassel started every game but the first one and played every quarter of every game except quarter 1 of the first game, the AFC East was won by the Dolphins with an 11-5 record. The Patriots in 2nd place in the division at 11-5, the Jets finished 9-7, and the Bills finished 7-9.

Hardly a terrible division at that point.

We'll agree to disagree. I don't care what stats or records you throw at me, playing the; Jets, Bills and Phins 6 times a year is a blessing to the Pats. They're still great, but its still a isht division.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It is now, I agree, but my point was about that comment saying the Patriots are worthless without Brady, and I pointed out that in a very tough division race without him that particular year, they still did quite well.

The Patriots simply do not have the makings of a 2-14 season in them even if they're led by Curtis Painter.

pehawk

Reaction score
Bears we're also 13-3 under Dick Jauron. The Dolphin's didn't sustain that success, it was a blip. It's been a BAD division for quite some time. You're either trolling or out of touch by aruging otherwise, IMO. Either way...have fun.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I agree that it has been a bad division for quite some time. That doesn't change the fact that in that year, an 11-5 team didn't win the division, just like we didn't with that record last year. Geez, just because I don't 100% agree with each word, letter, syllable and nuance of your post doesn't mean I'm trolling or an out-of-touch idiot.

drdiags

Reaction score
For the life of me, I still do not understand the fascination with this guy. I mean there have been a lot of Championship caliber college QBs come into the league and not be able to cut it. Some of this is media fueled but fans in general are all over this story every time it rears its head. He should have gone to Jacksonville when he had the trade options last year, now he is stuck hoping to get a break to show his skills.

Forgetting the big picture excitement about this player, landing with a solid team and working in the background for a few seasons may help him. This will probably be the first QB room where he isn't a threat due to his popularity and he can learn from one of the all-time greats, even if it is just observing and discussing strategy in the QB room.

If Skip Bayless wasn't all over his nutz and the media would stop losing their minds, I could pull for the guy to succeed on a long term basis, not just a late season run in Denver that had some magic to it. There have been several magical seasons down the years of NFL history. Pay his dues and get another shot 2-3 years down the road, if that ever happens.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
And the TeBow show continues. He actually found a job ... earlier than JaMarcus Russell.
I have my doubts he plays QB. Ryan Mallet is really good.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
I'm glad to see Tebow picked by an NFL. I enjoyed watching him play at Florida and it had been disappointing that his success in college hasn't continued. It will be interesting to see if Tebow makes a position change seeing as he will be playing behind Brady and likely Mallet.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Probably the best spot for him to land since it was clear he wasn't going to get a starting gig anywhere at this time. Brady said recently he had a few years left and will call it quits when he feels ready (not to say Tebow is the heir). McD loves the guy and he's a great 'team' player which is what the Pats are well known for, most recently the Welker stuff. It'll be interesting to see where he lands on the depth chart.

** If you think Brady is going to let him take snaps outside of a blow out you are out of your mind. There's no way they pull the garbage packages the Jets did last year. Maybe some goal line stuff for trickery but there's no chance Tebow will be taking the field to run for 2 yards and waste a down.

The Radish

Reaction score
Very few QBs have been traveled like Elbow and been successful somewhere else.

The only one that comes to mind for me is Jim Plunkitt who started with NE, played for the ninnirs, all with no success after a Heisman winning college career at Stanford.

The Ray-Duhs took him in after all these failures, told him to sit for at least a season, which he did and then after regaining his mental composure he went on to win 2 Super Bowls for them. Strangely enough as I recall he is the only QB to win 2 SBs and not be in the Hall of Fame. Why that is I don't know.

And trust me Tim Elbow does not have the chops that Jim Plunkitt had to play the game of football. Bill Bellyachecheck has a history of making good players out of bad, when he's done that in the past its because the player had the tools, and the head to follow the team. Tim Elbow has no one in mind but Tim Elbow.

:les:

Spokane

Reaction score
Hype is hype and on the field play is legit. How could Mallett suck any more then he has in the NFL?

So far Bill has had little faith in him and only sent him out 4 times in two years. 1 for 4 with an INT. So he could have went 0-4 or got a couple more picked off...but thats just about it.

Lawn chair thrower Tebow has the 2nd QB spot locked up.

Sorry Mallett your time is up.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tebow can be like Joe Kapp. j/k

Maybe he can be like a Brad Johnson or Rich Gannon and see success late in his career. Even Steve Young had that Tampa Bay experience, though he obviously was very talented. Tebow reminds me of a Chad Pennington type, due to questions about his arm. I don't think he is a Bobby Douglas level bad QB, that guy was brutal.

I tend to stay away from discussions about the lightning rod QBs, like Vick, Vince Young and Tebow. They all have their backers, some who are very vocal in their support.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not even really a backer, I just hate when the NFL forces dudes out regardless of results.

It reminds me alot of Flutie in the 80's. Flutie had magic, it was evident early on. But, NFL GM's really couldn't stand it...so he was forced to go north. Eventually Flutie came back and was fun as hell to watch. As a NFL fan, I really enjoy watching players grind, gut and pixie-dust wins out of their caboose. And, Tebow deserved a shot after Denver, somewhere, AZ, Ten, Jax, Buff, NYJ all we're situations Tebow could've done as well if not better in last year.

Young's not a bad comparison. Gannon's a good one. Plunkett? Not so much...Plunkett won a Heisman with his arm. Doug Williams may be another similar story.