Chad Johnson makes a judge angry

nategreat

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. She was only basing it off of the fact that people laughed. That has nothing to do with how he perceived the hearing. If people wouldn't have laughed, he would have been fine. That does not seem fair to me.

True, maybe he shouldn't have patted his lawyer's ass, but who's to say it wasn't a reactionary emotional reaction built from playing football the last 25 years of his life? Sounds like the judge got a little butt-hurt because she felt like people were laughing at her in some way, because she couldn't keep the courtroom in line.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He's being a wiseass in court; if he had even a modicum of common sense, he'd keep his mouth shut and act respectfully. He didn't, so the judge decided not to lift his sentence after all. I've got no problem with that.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
nategreat":2nbod0tr said:
Absolutely ridiculous. She was only basing it off of the fact that people laughed. That has nothing to do with how he perceived the hearing. If people wouldn't have laughed, he would have been fine. That does not seem fair to me.

True, maybe he shouldn't have patted his lawyer's ass, but who's to say it wasn't a reactionary emotional reaction built from playing football the last 25 years of his life? Sounds like the judge got a little butt-hurt because she felt like people were laughing at her in some way, because she couldn't keep the courtroom in line.

Looks to me like she did a great job of keeping her courtroom in line once someone did his best to disrupt it.

You guys have to remember that he violated probation for domestic assault. He's on a second chance as it was. THATS what he was sentenced for. He didn't seem to be taking it seriously, acted up in court, and the judge reacted accordingly.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1o8i27p1 said:
He's being a wiseass in court; if he had even a modicum of common sense, he'd keep his mouth shut and act respectfully. He didn't, so the judge decided not to lift his sentence after all. I've got no problem with that.

He really was. It looked like he even said "good game" to his lawyer. Even his lawyer laughed. I think removing the sweetheart plea deal and giving him a sentence was well within her rights given his lack of respect and demonstration that he hadn't learned his lesson.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Most people know not to goof around in a judge's courtroom, especially when a suspended sentence is hanging over your head.

Chad paid the price for his frivolity.

Maybe he'll learn... maybe he won't.

pehawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":12kw6vdx said:
nategreat":12kw6vdx said:

Looks to me like she did a great job of keeping her courtroom in line once someone did his best to disrupt it.

You guys have to remember that he violated probation for domestic assault. He's on a second chance as it was. THATS what he was sentenced for. He didn't seem to be taking it seriously, acted up in court, and the judge reacted accordingly.

This, from a lead mod? Go figure.

The judge and Ocho were douchebags.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
That crotch sniffer deserved to be in jail for smacking his gold digger wife anyway. Big whoop.

And since when are women allowed to be a court judge?

SirTed

Reaction score
I went into the clip expecting to see Ocho act out of line, and not taking it seriously.

This is not what happened at all. He was being quiet and respectful,

SHE TOLD HIM TO THANK HIS LAWYER. He gave the guy a pat on the butt. big deal. He was sincere when he did it. He didn't do it to make people laugh, he didn't look around for a reaction afterward. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. The judge was a WAAAAAAY out of line, and was making a bigger spectacle out of the scene than Ocho ever attempted.

I know the dude has a rep, but really, watch the clip. ridiculous.

mikeak

Reaction score
So that is the guy that still considers HIMSELF to be an NFL player that was rumored to come out as gay.........

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Assaulting a woman = probation

Showing mild (albeit humorous) disrespect to a court room = jail time

This country sure has got its priorities straight.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":3v4dajpb said:

Bah, we all had the same crap happen to us as kids by our parents. You're doing something your parents tell you not to, and you decide to mouth off, and out comes the "That's it - in the timeout chair, NOW!"

He's a child who has yet to grow up, and I am with the judge on this one.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3oi3kb38 said:
Stephen SeaHawking":3oi3kb38 said:

Bah, we all had the same crap happen to us as kids by our parents. You're doing something your parents tell you not to, and you decide to mouth off, and out comes the "That's it - in the timeout chair, NOW!"

I'm not with the judge but good point. I was punished far harsher by my folks for not tacking "something seriously" than the crime itself.

salamander

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vx1rp81 said:

A judge is not our parent and should not be able give arbitrary punishments like a parent does. A parent would also be arrested for child endangerment if it locked up a kid for 30 days. We have laws and the butt slap was definitely not against the law. I also find it hard to find any fault with Ocho's intentions. It's his personality and he was asked a simple question about his lawyer (not the victim, not his actions) and gave a creative response. I don't think most people/judges would find it disrespectful; and those that would should have given a warning or other less harsh punishment, not 30 days in jail.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Salamander, normally either someone's parents or society in general will have forced someone to grow up by the time they're 30. I see no problem with a judge doing it if nobody else has by that time.

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nsjkcntt said:
Stephen SeaHawking":nsjkcntt said:

Never happened that way at my house. Mouthing off to a parent was very likely to get your face slapped at the least.

Many now a days think everyone should respect them not the other way around. Especially the ones that are to young to have earned any.

You all had better learn in a court of law the judge's law is supreme and her laws apply not some aged 30, acting 10 year old who thinks the world revolves around them.

:roll:

salamander

Reaction score
Patting his lawyer's butt is just a form of expression, and we have freedom of expression in this country. Regardless of its appropriate to you or not, its not against the law. People should be punished according to the law, not because their behavior may seem tacky to someone else.

SirTed

Reaction score
The Radish":1ph7i2mr said:
RolandDeschain":1ph7i2mr said:
Stephen SeaHawking":1ph7i2mr said:

Never happened that way at my house. Mouthing off to a parent was very likely to get your face slapped at the least.

Many now a days think everyone should respect them not the other way around. Especially the ones that are to young to have earned any.

You all had better learn in a court of law the judge's law is supreme and her laws apply not some aged 30, acting 10 year old who thinks the world revolves around them.

:roll:

IMHO, This has everything to do with the judge feeling shown up. I don't think what Chad did was bad at all - it was only after the reaction of the courtroom did she decide that he was being disrespectful. SHE ASKED HIM to thank / acknowledge the job that his lawyer did. He patted the guy on the butt and said, good job. She should feel embarrassed. I know there's a minor conflict of generations here in this discussion, but I really think it's pretty clear it's the judge that's WAAAAAY out of line.

I went into watching it, thinking I was going to see Chad do something really stupid, cheesing it up for the audience and cameras, and NONE of that happened. He didn't look around for reaction, or anything. He just acknowledged the guy, the same way he's done it thousands of times in his life. She didn't react right away, either. Again, only after the courtroom laughed. Watch the tape. It's all there.