Tebow to Patriots

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm glad Tebow found a squad to give him a shot. Sure, it's ugly, but dude's still 8-4 as a starter with a playoff win. You cant tell me he was worse than any bum the Jets, Jags or Cards rolled out last year. He deserves and earned a job, somewhere in the NFL. I still say starter, but not on my team.

I dont know man, the NFL robbed me of watching Flutie and Moon also. I cant help but get deja vu over the Tebow thing.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Maybe Belichek has the voodoo power to convince Tebow to play H-back.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spokane":2e5a2f21 said:
Its kind of a non story, when was the last time a QB hit on 75% of his passes and was not picked up the next year?
Never...I think this move was expected.
Small sample sizes are wonderful aren't they?

Spokane

Reaction score
I like em. But guess what is not a small sample size...NEW ENGLAND!

You and I can throw yesterdays stats out the door, thankfully 2013/14 Tebow will show if he has anything!

Bill will use Tebow right, Super late in huge blowouts. Getting him his reps, so Tim is ready.

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't blame Tebow for balking at a position change last year. Why should he have?

This year I bet he will.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd laugh if Tebow was never active for a game with New England this year. Tebow fans need to find something else to obsess unnecessarily over.

Spokane

Reaction score
I think Ryan Mallett forgot about Ryan Mallett. 2 years 4 passes. One pass was an INT, two hit the ground and one hit the WR. Thats 25%.
He could be amazing, but he has yet to show it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
When you're behind Tom Brady and there hasn't been a blow out, I don't think here's a reason for Mallett to play.

Spokane

Reaction score
True, but when he did play, he sucked. Just one more reason they needed to bring in another QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spokane":hxzouism said:
I like em. But guess what is not a small sample size...NEW ENGLAND!

You and I can throw yesterdays stats out the door, thankfully 2013/14 Tebow will show if he has anything!

Bill will use Tebow right, Super late in huge blowouts. Getting him his reps, so Tim is ready.
You (see anyone) can root for, dislike, or be indifferent towards any player, this is America..... But, and I'm not trying to be Richard Cranium when I ask this, but does his outwardness in expressing and promoting his religion have anything to do with you liking the guy? Just curious. I'm not slamming you if that's the reason or part of the reason, just wondering.

Spokane

Reaction score
I was watching and enjoying his play at FLA long before I knew of his personal views.
But the fact that Tim is a class act who holds to his beliefs and values makes me like him, sure.
When a guy puts his views out there and lives by it, whats not to like? Very few step up in life like Tebow.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Is there anything in sports more overrated than the "Patriot Mystique"...?

The Patriots are perennial contenders in the AFC because of two words: Tom. Brady.

The Patriots drafts have been relatively bad for the better part of the last decade. For every Rob Gronkowski there have been about 5 Bethel Johnson's.

I guarantee if ANY other team signed Tim Tebow, they'd be seen as a laughing stock.. but since the Patriots do it.. it's "OH THIS COULD WORK!"

Why could it work? Why would you mess with the best quarterback in football just to get some gimmicky out of position full back into the game. You don't think every defensive coordinator in football is BEGGING for the Patriots to do this a few times a game? Tom Brady on the field = threat to score a touchdown on any play. Tim Tebow on the field = 2 yard run to the left, middle, or right.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cr27dv9 said:
The Patriots are perennial contenders in the AFC because of two words: Tom. Brady.

Eh, you're implying that's practically the only reason. Remember when Brady went out for the season in the first quarter of the first game of the year a few years back, and Matt Cassel led the Patriots to an 11-5 record?

Just sayin'. They're not the equivalent of the Colts with Peyton Manning.

pehawk

Reaction score
Pats also play in a laughing stock of a division.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":1bs2och4 said:
Pats also play in a laughing stock of a division.

2008, the year Cassel started every game but the first one and played every quarter of every game except quarter 1 of the first game, the AFC East was won by the Dolphins with an 11-5 record. The Patriots in 2nd place in the division at 11-5, the Jets finished 9-7, and the Bills finished 7-9.

Hardly a terrible division at that point.

nategreat

Reaction score
pehawk":8a9h5tbs said:
I'm glad Tebow found a squad to give him a shot. Sure, it's ugly, but dude's still 8-4 as a starter with a playoff win. You cant tell me he was worse than any bum the Jets, Jags or Cards rolled out last year. He deserves and earned a job, somewhere in the NFL. I still say starter, but not on my team.

I dont know man, the NFL robbed me of watching Flutie and Moon also. I cant help but get deja vu over the Tebow thing.

I think I might be the only one on here who agrees with you about this.

Tebow definitely got a raw deal, and the media almost killed his chances of ever playing in the NFL again. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong, but at each and every opportunity, no matter how small the mistake, he's going to be catching a lot of criticism. He just needs to punch someone in the face. A media guy, preferably.