Question regarding lodging

Largent80

Reaction score
We just got our plane tix for the week before the home opener.

Curious about affordable lodging that doesn't involve a refrigerator box in White Center.

Seriously, we don't need to stay near the stadium, but any useful info would be appreciated so we can book it, Thanks in advance.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
guess it depends on what you deem affordable, there are some decent hotels down town that you can get for about 200 a night.

I live near seattle so I don't stay there much but sometimes we get a room down there so we can go party and not worry about driving. We usually stay at the W and if we get them online in advance on hotels.com it's usually under/around 250 and we really like it.

If you're looking to pay less than that but stay down town, the homewood/hilton suites at the convention center seemed decent, I didn't sleep there but hung out when some friends were in town. Probably 150ish there.

Otherwise you could always try something around northgate or south center if you plan on trying to get some public transportation to the game. At the same time you may as well pay a little more to stay down town and not pay as much for transportation though.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Another really nice Hotel that's often forgotten downtown is the Mayflower Park Hotel. It's pretty nice, well maintained, and it's right down town with easy access to the stadiums. Their rooms start at $169 a night and most of their rooms are below $220. I have gotten rooms for $135 a night when calling in ahead of time and asking about discounted rates.

http://www.mayflowerpark.com/default.asp?

JonRud

Reaction score
Check out the Hotel Seattle. I stayed there one night in December last year. no frills & tiny room but fantastic location right downtown and rates were pretty cheap.

Digsbone

Reaction score
I fly from Alaska at least three times a year I jump on Priceline and click the amenity’s I want free breakfast, free park and etc. I always read user reviews for the different hotels and find the best one to match my budget. I usually get a room from $90-$120 and I always book through the actual hotel's website because if plans change it won't be a hassle to get your money back. I also just take the tram to the stadium so I don't have to worry about driving. Hope that helps, it's a expensive habbit but i can't help it I love me some Seahawks. If you have any more questions let me know.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
If you can handle the shared bathroom areas, the ACE Hotel is kind of cool, and relatively inexpensive, or at least I've heard reports from friends that it's inexpensive.

nsport

Reaction score
Download the HotelTonight app for your phone. You book up to 4 nights last-minute and the savings are sick. Looking for tonight in Seattle for example: The Warwick: $129/nt - this is on Lenora in downtown Seattle.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. We will be going to Leavenworth. For 3 or 4 days. It is just in the Seattle area that we need pointers on. We are renting a car, so staying outside of Seattle proper is what we will do.

Is Tukwila in our future....hahaha.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, well really what I am looking for is positive experiences at a place. we are not 4 and 5 star folks (in this country) so, we really just need a decent room to sleep in, as we are renting a car.

Never had this problem when I LIVED there..... :mrgreen:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
nsport":3lgfj53k said:
Download the HotelTonight app for your phone. You book up to 4 nights last-minute and the savings are sick. Looking for tonight in Seattle for example: The Warwick: $129/nt - this is on Lenora in downtown Seattle.

Yes...I have that app also.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
You can get rooms in the Edgewater (the place where that iconic photo of The Beatles fishing out the window was taken), for under a C-Note most nights if you book in advance.

grizbob

Reaction score
The Moore Hotel, downtown one block from Pike's Place Market, $89 per night. At least it was the weekend of the Packers game.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Are you serious Rob? You haven't been gone that long and lived here a while, no?

Best bang for your buck and if you don't care about night life, stay on the eastside. Bellevue probably best option.

beasthawk

Reaction score
Best western in Everett :)
For real though, Bellvue is decent call, and all the Hawks tend to hang out there too!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Have you thought about staying at Riley's place? With his daughter at college, he probably has an extra room.

Riley12

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1q2iuyy4 said:
Have you thought about staying at Riley's place? With his daughter at college, he probably has an extra room.

It is available. Amenities include a loft bed, floor-to-ceiling bookshelf overflowing with books and a small tv connected
to a Dreamcast, SNES and two N64's.