NBA Playoffs

m0ng0

Reaction score
IMO they are the model team of this league, they prove over and over that small market teams can compete at the highest level, their front office always seems to make the right choices, the have the best coach in the game, they have a great system in place that the players all buy into, they retain their star players and let the headaches and players that don't buy in walk. They seem to have this aura that no player is bigger then the team, you never see them make big splashes in free agency, they just do what they do and thats win. Sure they don't win every year but they are always in contention.

Tim Duncan has been one of the best players for the last decade and a half, Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard, Ginobli could probably start for 15 teams in the league yet comes off the bench, POP is the best coach in the game yet somehow they all stay in little old San Antonio?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Horrible move by Spo having LeBron on Parker at the end of the game. You have him chasing around the little French man and he's gonna be tired as hell on offense.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with the way the heat played them at all yesterday, except for Bosh... What in the hell is he doing? It's Tim Duncan, one of the best players in the league, but he's not Roy Hibbert, get in there and mix it up with him!

That circus shot by Parker just cemented it, that game wasn't meant to be for the Heat. Amazing play though.

SirTed

Reaction score
Throwdown":32l65r0x said:
I didn't have a problem with the way the heat played them at all yesterday, except for Bosh... What in the hell is he doing? It's Tim Duncan, one of the best players in the league, but he's not Roy Hibbert, get in there and mix it up with him!

That circus shot by Parker just cemented it, that game wasn't meant to be for the Heat. Amazing play though.

The interesting thing regarding how the Heat played was that in a lot of ways, the game went about as well as it could have. Turnovers will be huge. I think the Heat will find a way to force a couple more, but I think the Spurs can shoot better than 41% too.

This is shaping up to be a good series.

Throwdown, I understand why many people don't like Manu (and even as a Spurs fan he drives me insane with his shot selection) but I don't really see how you could have so much vitriol for Manu and none for lame ass DWade. At least Manu drives to the hoop LOOKING TO SCORE THE BASKETBALL all Wade does is pump fake and fall down. Easily my least favorite player in the league - although I would probably hate Manu if he wasn't a Spur (I kinda do anyway, but he's necessary). At the very least you gotta give me that those two floppers cancel each other out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Manu did it to my Sonics, too lol. Wade is a big flopper, big big big, but no ones a bigger flopper than Paul Pierce lol, I'm pretty critical of Wade, specially lately as he looks like an old man trying to fall...

[youtube]-OSLFKpo8IY[/youtube]

It really just stems from the 2006 playoff series where Manu was falling for no reason.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I think my appreciation for the Spurs is a sign I'm maturing. Like, I mean that. I'm really bothered by this sudden rooting on of the Spurs.

TravTex

Reaction score
Refs seem to be chipping in to help the cause.

Manu still a spaz.

Green gots some range.

69% from 3-pt range? Dude.

GSG.

The Outfield

Reaction score
STUFFED.

By the way, I know you've had it for a while, but I love your avatar hidn. Great movie.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Are y'all witnessing this ass whooping? The Heat are getting whooped with a wet belt right now. Craaaaazzzyyyy!

TravTex

Reaction score
Pretty nasty. Green and Neal were locked in. And Miller, but he's so accurate from three it gets annoying.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Jimmy Kimmel after the game is even more hilarious than the final score