Mayweather v Alvarez

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Radish":2lvbzp24 said:
Shaz":2lvbzp24 said:
The Radish":2lvbzp24 said:
I'm just delighted to see "real" fighting. This cage crap is so phoney and lacking in skills its boring to watch.

And those arm punches they throw? Lets get them in a ring with a real puncher and see how long they last.

:les:

You have no idea on what you're talking about and honestly you should let the people that know real fighting and actually have done it speak about what's real or not instead of someone that decides to spew their ignorance about a subject they are foreign to

Really? Well a long time boxing fan and I can tell you merely by watching that the cage fighters throw mostly arm punches because they are always trying get set up to throw leg punchs.

I've been watching boxing long before Sugar Ray Leonard was a gleam in his Father's eye and Cassisus Clay was an Olympic hopeful. So yes I think I probably know a bit about the subject.

How about you?

:roll:
I think he's talking about MMA.

NoChops

Reaction score
its just a dream, but I would love to see MMA go back to its roots. I can see having weight classes, but I'd sure like to see no round, no time limit fights. Fight starts, fight ends..no scoring. ko, submission or tap.

Shaz

Reaction score
The Radish":boaobzqj said:
Shaz":boaobzqj said:
The Radish":boaobzqj said:
I'm just delighted to see "real" fighting. This cage crap is so phoney and lacking in skills its boring to watch.

And those arm punches they throw? Lets get them in a ring with a real puncher and see how long they last.

You have no idea on what you're talking about and honestly you should let the people that know real fighting and actually have done it speak about what's real or not instead of someone that decides to spew their ignorance about a subject they are foreign to

Really? Well a long time boxing fan and I can tell you merely by watching that the cage fighters throw mostly arm punches because they are always trying get set up to throw leg punchs.

I've been watching boxing long before Sugar Ray Leonard was a gleam in his Father's eye and Cassisus Clay was an Olympic hopeful. So yes I think I probably know a bit about the subject.

How about you?

:roll:

I've boxed and I've done MMA.

I have been involved combat sports for a long time. I get it, you're an observer but unfortunately for you you're not a very good one.

I love boxing but in a real fight it doesn't hold up to grappling (Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, etc....) because whether you want to believe it or not, the fight will hit the ground and boxers have no chance to defend that.

The Radish

Reaction score
I love boxing but in a real fight it doesn't hold up to grappling (Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, etc....) because whether you want to believe it or not, the fight will hit the ground and boxers have no chance to defend that.

My point exactly! I can see crap like that on any street or school yard daily/weekly.

My point boxing takes an entirely different talent. In fact from my viewpoint your style of fighting takes about as much talent as watching the school yard bullys thrash around on each other.

Also I notice you and a couple of others think its ok to love your style of fighting and have a "Cow Man" at anyone not agreeing with you.

In my case I dislike your style of what you call talented fighting. I think its pure bullshit. But that's my right. I accept you like your stuff, let me have the same privilige. And I didn't think its bad or uneducated or anything of that nature. I said I didn't like it. And whether you like it or not all other kinds of fighting that are being talked about here do not hit as hard as boxers because the only thing they use their entire body for is kicking.

Put one of your fighters in a ring and not allow him to use anything but his fists and he will have a hard time lasting any time at all against a boxer, and more than likely will get put on his knickers. And that's been proven time and time again by people in the sport.

Started years ago when Randall "Tex" Cobb was world champion of full contact decided to try straight boxing. In his words he got the crap knocked out of him because those boxers hit a lot harder than what he was used to.

Many here love Chuck Norris who I think is or maybe was now a days, one of the toughest guys alive. He had the sense to stay out of the boxing ring because they are such different types of combat.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It's fine to say you don't like it. It's another to say it takes no skill.

The Radish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":v6q8enqi said:
It's fine to say you don't like it. It's another to say it takes no skill.

Ok, you're right. A different skill set. That's why it holds no interest to me. For me its like grade school schuffling as opposed to ballroom dancing with bloody noses.