Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":qcki041s said:
Booking this weekend.

I am willing to go $150.00. If the consensus goes hire I'm in but I think thsts a decent ceiling for good seats.

This. I'm still a maybe (my work schedule fluctuates), but I'll buy a ticket for sure. Worst case scenario I can sell it to someone on here possibly.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I just wanted to get the conversation going on ticket$. It is still a bit early (unless we find a deal we LOVE). I think in 5-8 weeks' time we can talk seriously, as we see which way theirmarket trends-but I have been scouting it out and compared to other stadiums this will be a pretty expensive ticket for "good" seats.

I encourage everybody to poke around/do some research. I have been checking out StubHub and EBay and also several ticket distributors that operate through Houston's Craigslist. With an eye on rows or sections that have quantities greater than 12.

For less than $150, as of now, we are upper ring for sure.

Not that I necessarily have an issue with that-I just want to hear what others think.

My approach is utilitarian.

tooshort

Reaction score
Unlike some other folks, airfare actually counts in the equation and as such, good seats are a must after the initial "get there, sleep there" investment.

I'll go $350 max. Though for a lot cheaper these seats are kind of interesting on stubhub..group of six, mezzanine level section 325 row D.

A

Anonymous

Having been to Reliant on numerous occasions, I can tell you that there really isn't a bad seat, unless that seat is more than the 10th row back on the upper decks. Just like the Clink, the upper deck seats are situated at a fairly steep angle and each level overhangs the one below it significantly. Thus, being in the closest seat to the front rail is the way to go.

I highly recommend the club level or below for the best possible experience, but again, don't be afraid to be in the first ten rows of the 500's or even the first five of the 600's. It's weird, but the 200 level is suites and media boxes so the second level is really the 300's, and they skip the 400's. If y'all are in the latter rows of the 100's you are not going to have as good a view as you would in the front of the 300's. Make sense? Just get as far forward as you can, and all will be kosher.

http://www.sportstravel.com/cached/_ima ... e-2407.gif

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm a definite maybe. Will know by end of the weekend.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HoustonHawk: thanks for the advice. As an insider, whatever info you can share is valued.

Some additional thoughts on seating:

It would be a lot of fun to have the whole group of .NETTERS sitting together for the game, but between differing price preferences and availability/ease of purchase that might be logistically ruled out barring a group purchase through the Hoiston box office, which has not been real cooperative thus far.

I prefer to sit close to the action when on the road, but Houston is going to be a vig dollar ticket and I am already going to more games this year than I have in several years so I'd be down with the budget or the best deal.

Mostly, I'd just like to be in the stadium and watching the game with as many of you guys as possible.

What we could end up doing in July or August or whenever we are ready to pull the trigger is find a couple groups of tickets on Stub Hub that we find agreeable and at that time we can each independently go on StubHub in a coordinated effort and buy our own tickets that way. I've fronted the money for far fewer than this number of tickets in the past and, invariably, somebody backs out or waits until closer to game time to pay and the person who puts up the money up front ends up eating part of the initial investment. Who was that clown in Toronto who low balled me for the last ticket??

Anyway, we will figure it out and it will be fun and memorable.

The other option, of course, is people can do whatever the hell they want.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Booked at the Fairfield inn and suites! What rate are you guys getting at the Crowne? What's the number? Perhaps I can switch pending cost difference.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Again, guys, if you are traveling with others please indicate by Plus 1 or Plus 2 etc, so I can reflect that in the first post/roster tally in this thread.

It will be helpful when planning for tickets.

Thanks!

tooshort

Reaction score
FYI to those coming from seatac, If you can make this a thursday to monday vacation, Frontier airlines is $240-$260 roundtrip (all taxes and fees included).

Just waitin on some wishy washy mofos to confirm...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just a heads up from NOW until Thursday at Midnight (so probably 9 PST).. Southwest is running a great deal on Fall flights. Would be a good time to book if you're headed to H-town or Indy. Or anywhere really

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I am open for the price range for the seats...$150-$200 is budgetable. The main thing for me is hanging wit `cha`all.
Master Chief, I leave for SeaTac Saturday morning. If you need a ride to the airport from Arlington and a return, I am happy to offer if our schedules align. Leaving Saturday before noon, departing Sunday about 5.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Ok I am booked.

Arrive Houston Thursday eve.

Staying at quality inn/reliant

Fly out early Mon morning.

This trip has now officially become official.

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
I'm like 95% in, trying to get a couple local buddies talked into it, but if I have to ride alone so be it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Game Ticket Update. Our friend from the North, .NET member 'Tommy Mack' and some of his friends in Vancouver have connections through a ticket broker they use. He has contacted them on our behalf and informed me that while we cannot get a group of tickets as large as our group (20+) together, he can obtain tickets for us in multiple groups of four in one or two adjacent sections. Ticket pricing starting at $78. I replied that, based on feedback I have received, people would. Be willing to spend up to $150 range for decent seats/decent value. As more information comes in, I will bring it here for discussion and brainstorming.

Also here is a link to a Carolina trip his group is putting together, if that interests anybody.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69173