Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17580
Location: The beautiful PNW
Word is out that this season will be Matt Smith's final Doctor Who season: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... octor-who/

Surprising he spent so long as the doctor in comparison to some of the other ones. He's a great doctor, but I kind of like looking forward to "the next" doctor every couple of seasons or so. It makes that show a little more interesting: same exact character, completely different guy.

So how cool would this be?

Image

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Posts: 1047
I have been looking forward to the change for a few seasons now. Nothing wrong with Smith but he is definitely the weakest of the 3 new Drs and I'm not sure if it was his acting or the change in writers that made him so. Rory and Amy, river, and and the silence saga was good but there was no episode that matched up to Blink, Satan's pit, the library, etc.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:07 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10212
Location: Helm's Deep
Rory and Amy were crappy companions, IMO. Smith was a good Doctor. Probably about my 4th or 5th favorite behind Tennant, Baker, McCoy and possibly Davison. Hugh Laurie as the Doctor would be a disaster. No.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:17 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13435
Location: King In The North
I think they need to go edgy... Jaden Smith or Anne Heche would be my picks.

Of course that's if House isn't available.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania┬╣┬▓ Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:02 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10212
Location: Helm's Deep
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I think they need to go edgy... Jaden Smith or Anne Heche would be my picks.

Of course that's if House isn't available.


I would actually LOVE to see a female doctor, but I think they'd lose quite a lot of fans with something like that, as sad as that fact is.

Robert Carlisle. He's my dark horse pick to be the next doctor.

Also found out today that Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) has been cast as the 'lead villain' in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Should be interesting...

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1307
Will Smith.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17580
Location: The beautiful PNW
There's a lot of talk online about the "need" for a female doctor for the next one. Not particularly a fan. The story doesn't seem suited for it, and there are plenty of other opportunities to create those "strong female lead characters" everyone is whining about. There are plenty of great female leads that could play the doctor just fine, and make it entertaining. But it would alter perception of the entire history of the franchise by doing so. Why force it into an ode to "alternate lifestyle" in light of the fact the doctor was already married to a woman, just to appease a vocal minority?

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2443
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
one show I could never get into :?

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 1111
The Doctor can't be a girl. He was born a boy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:31 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
sturg78 wrote:
I have been looking forward to the change for a few seasons now. Nothing wrong with Smith but he is definitely the weakest of the 3 new Drs and I'm not sure if it was his acting or the change in writers that made him so. Rory and Amy, river, and and the silence saga was good but there was no episode that matched up to Blink, Satan's pit, the library, etc.


The writing/storylines in S4 and the specials were going to be damn hard to top. Russell T. Davies was...brilliant.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17580
Location: The beautiful PNW
Sarlacc83 wrote:
sturg78 wrote:
I have been looking forward to the change for a few seasons now. Nothing wrong with Smith but he is definitely the weakest of the 3 new Drs and I'm not sure if it was his acting or the change in writers that made him so. Rory and Amy, river, and and the silence saga was good but there was no episode that matched up to Blink, Satan's pit, the library, etc.


The writing/storylines in S4 and the specials were going to be damn hard to top. Russell T. Davies was...brilliant.


Very much! I think Smith is my second favorite of the new doctors, well behind Tennant, and slightly ahead of Eccleston. And although Amy is my second favorite companion behind Rose, I agree, the writing kind of slipped a bit after Davies left.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Portland Oregon
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
There's a lot of talk online about the "need" for a female doctor for the next one. Not particularly a fan. The story doesn't seem suited for it, and there are plenty of other opportunities to create those "strong female lead characters" everyone is whining about. There are plenty of great female leads that could play the doctor just fine, and make it entertaining. But it would alter perception of the entire history of the franchise by doing so. Why force it into an ode to "alternate lifestyle" in light of the fact the doctor was already married to a woman, just to appease a vocal minority?


They already spend plenty of time reinforcing alternate lifestyles, even with horses as I recall in the cyborg cowboy episode.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Clacton On Sea, Britain
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
sturg78 wrote:
I have been looking forward to the change for a few seasons now. Nothing wrong with Smith but he is definitely the weakest of the 3 new Drs and I'm not sure if it was his acting or the change in writers that made him so. Rory and Amy, river, and and the silence saga was good but there was no episode that matched up to Blink, Satan's pit, the library, etc.


The writing/storylines in S4 and the specials were going to be damn hard to top. Russell T. Davies was...brilliant.


Very much! I think Smith is my second favorite of the new doctors, well behind Tennant, and slightly ahead of Eccleston. And although Amy is my second favorite companion behind Rose, I agree, the writing kind of slipped a bit after Davies left.


My choice exactly!

I loved Amy and Rory but I found it took me a while to do so after Rose, Martha and Donna.

_________________
I am an American Football Noobie... Please be gentle!! :-)
I'M IN AND I BELIEVE!
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: twisted_steel2 and 10 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.