Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4267
They've made some good moves and I think their 2nd year RB is ready to take over for Jackson. The acquisition of Austin - along with was it 4 other WR's? - should bolster their passing game. Bradford was a very good QB behind a very bad oline and it took its toll on him. But with an upgraded oline, good WR's and a defense that will keep them in games, they will be a threat this season.

Everyone knows the Hawks and Niners are the two to beat, but given the Rams rapid rise, their good coaching and looking at their schedule, I see a team that could easily go 10-6.

NFC West is starting to remind me of the AFC West of the 80's.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
I agree that d line in scary good. If that o pops watch out.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 88
They were a scary,well coached team last year. I like the WV wr's but it takes time for spread offense rookies to catch on to the nfl game and this is a make or break year for Bradford imo. If development and the injury bug visits us and the 49ers more often they could be sittin on top at the end wondering what was all the hype around Sea & SF. It's gonna be a year like no other imo. Snug up the chinstraps boys!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 am 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB that's a good thing for the rest of the nfc west.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am
Posts: 2869
I suspect the Rams will be right there with us next season (after they move their 2 first round picks and take bridgewater).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Renton Wa.
AFC Central type situation when Pittsburgh, Cleveland and the Bengals were all good or now with the Ravens supplementing the Browns or are the old Browns I guess. Physical, defensive bullies that have aggressive offense. Much like those situations health is going to determine a lot since between all of us we play 8 brutal games in the division now.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
I think the Rams will finish 2nd in the division, right behind the Seahawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:08 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
I'd love it for the 49ers to get 11 wins, and miss out on the playoffs. Seahawks 13-3, Rams 11-5 wild card, and the other wild card from the NFC South division.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:11 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 pm
Posts: 27
I think the Rams are still a year or two out from really being a threat. They're definitely not a team to sleep on, but losing Gibson and Amendola is definitely going to hurt. Austin will be good but he'll need some time to adjust to playing at the next level. Jared Cook is scary, but all you hear about year after year is his potential that he never lives up to. I think it will take some time for Bradford and Cook to find a solid rapport even if he does live up to the potential we have yet to see him deliver. Their D is going to be good, but I still think its some time before the offense will click and really be a major contender in the west.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:07 am
Posts: 22
While everyone is betting 9 to 1, 7 to 1 etc on Sea and SF to win Super Bowl I got the Rams at 75 to 1. All they have to do is make the playoffs and I win off of hedges alone. Rams 4-1-1 last year in division and could have easily been 6-0.

The WR position has been substantially upgraded and their defense is awesome. That OLB Ogletree they got in the 1st round eats RBs for breakfast as he attacks and pounds on them. Kapernick and Wilson will not have the success they had last year running around against the Rams. Chris Long ate the Seahawks alive last year.

They added depth to the RB position with a very good 1 cut runner/screen catcher and the upgraded their secondary with safety McDonald.

The big prize was getting 2 WRs that will have no problem getting open in the NFL and will easily exploit tall CBs like Richard Sherman who will not be able to cover them as they are too quick at cutting and too fast. This will make their long WRs much more valuable. Look for Brian Quick to have a big year for them.

The Rams should win at least 10 games this year and make the playoffs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:43 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21070
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Everyone knows rookie WR's rarely have a first season where they "get it".

In the near future they will be a major pain in the ass.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
things just got real in the NFCW... very little room for error.. and i'm not taking my eye off Arizona either, until they're a good 4 games back.. Rams and Niners games will be extremely hard fought battles, and well earned if we come out victorious...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
Any team that takes it will earn it. Tough season ahead and good luck to you all. Im not really looking forward to facing any NFCW teams


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
JSeahawks wrote:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB that's a good thing for the rest of the nfc west.


You sound like a Rams' fan.

I think Bradford will be surprising this season. He's as much of an unknown as Austin is right now.

I'm curious to see what Shotty does. This new cast of players has potential that might be outside of him. We will see.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
And gained a reciever in the draft who has more talent than either of those players, not to mention a monster tight end... i think you are grossly underestimating the Rams, which is suprising to me, seein how the niners couldn't beat them last year...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
NinerLifer wrote:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.


The Rams were mediocre last season. They were smashed by the good teams. Destroyed even. Not to mention the Jets game.

But, wait. Your team could not beat them. That says way more about your team than it does about a young team rebuilding.

2013 Rams are a young hot soup of a mess of talent. Coss a toin for who they beat. But if it's you, it will be your fault.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:58 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2266
JSeahawks wrote:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB that's a good thing for the rest of the nfc west.


He doesn't have Calvin but I see no reason to believe Bradford can't be as capable (not necessarily as productive) as 2011 Matt Stafford with the right tools around him.

4000 30/15 is not outside of his reach this year IMO


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
themunn wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
As long as Sam Bradford is their QB that's a good thing for the rest of the nfc west.


He doesn't have Calvin but I see no reason to believe Bradford can't be as capable (not necessarily as productive) as 2011 Matt Stafford with the right tools around him.

4000 30/15 is not outside of his reach this year IMO


Bradford will be good this year. Slowly. Maybe even painfully slowly.

But he will.

Thankfully I just posted that comment on a Hawk board, so I won't be tarred and feathered.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 am 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8506
I was a big believer in bradford coming out of college, but now I wonder if he's damaged goods. I see him as game manager+ at this point, more bridge than furure.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:09 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
I think Fisher believes in him for at least one more season.

The one thing that has always bothered me about him, is actually himself. He was quoted as saying he reads David and Goliath before every game. Don't care what your religious beliefs are, that is just a bad mindset for a QB.

He had a tough start to the team he was drafted to play for. I would not wish Spag on any player. And then McDaniels under Spag.

This will be the first year we actually see Bradford for him. Looking forward to it.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Despite all of the extra draft picks I'm just happy that they don't have Robert Griffin. Although it would be pretty incredible to have Wilson, Kaepernick and Griffin in the same division for entertainment's sake, if nothing else.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:32 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
I'm happy they don't have Griffin as well.

I'm one of the few Rams' fans who thinks Bradford will come into himself as the team does. That was my point. Slowly.

But if my belief is misguided and wrong, this season will tell. And then you will be playing Bridgewater in 2014.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4267
I personally believe that Bradford can be an elite QB. However, if he will depends on how shell shocked he's become playing behind that crap oline. If he hasn't developed really bad habits he has a chance.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
Part of this depends on Shotty. I see nothing from his Jets' time to think much of him. But then, I'm not an NFL coach, so I trust Fisher.

My gut thinks this will be a good year for Bradford.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm
Posts: 27
RedAlice wrote:
I'm happy they don't have Griffin as well.

I'm one of the few Rams' fans who thinks Bradford will come into himself as the team does. That was my point. Slowly.

But if my belief is misguided and wrong, this season will tell. And then you will be playing Bridgewater in 2014.


I kind of agree with you.
Although, unless he has a horrific season without substantial team injuries as a contributor, I don't think Fisher gives up on Sam this year.

I mean Fisher has said on multiple occasions that Sam Bradford was a BIG reason why Fisher came to the Rams in the first place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
I have several thoughts to answer you.

However, why are we on a lovely, well-planned, organized and functional Seahawk fan board for this topic?

Both Hawks and Niners have great boards about their team and football in general. Rams in St Louis have a stupid board with trolls who hate the Rams. It's a Bradford war.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
Largent80 wrote:
Everyone knows rookie WR's rarely have a first season where they "get it".

In the near future they will be a major pain in the ass.

This right here. They are still a year out but when it clicks they are going to be a problem.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Our defense should be in the top 5 again this season.. And even if we can't impose our will on teams with our defense and running game, we are now built to win shootouts with any team this year... With the much improved offense and solid D, I like our chances against any team we face this season... Niners and Rams will be tough for sure, but so are we..

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:00 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
Posts: 302
Location: Spokane, WA
The Rams challenge us and the Niners. They're a matchup problem and a well coached team.

I get frustrated when we play them

_________________
No autographs please


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:48 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am
Posts: 550
After the huge blowouts against the Cards,Bills,Niners the Rams were a team that brought us all back down and gave us a scare at home for a bit until late in the game. That game had that that old Warner to Holt to ruin our weekend feel to it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm
Posts: 27
SalishHawkFan wrote:
They've made some good moves and I think their 2nd year RB is ready to take over for Jackson. The acquisition of Austin - along with was it 4 other WR's? - should bolster their passing game. Bradford was a very good QB behind a very bad oline and it took its toll on him. But with an upgraded oline, good WR's and a defense that will keep them in games, they will be a threat this season.

Everyone knows the Hawks and Niners are the two to beat, but given the Rams rapid rise, their good coaching and looking at their schedule, I see a team that could easily go 10-6.

NFC West is starting to remind me of the AFC West of the 80's.


I mostly agree with this, however I'm not sure their schedule is going to do them any favors.
They are tied for having the second HARDEST schedule in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... e-for-2013

2013 Strength of schedule
Team SOS
Opponent record

Carolina Panthers .543 138-116-2
Detroit Lions .539 138-118-0
New Orleans Saints .539 137-117-2
St. Louis Rams .539 137-117-2
Baltimore Ravens .535 137-119-0
Green Bay Packers .533 136-119-1
Arizona Cardinals .520 131-121-4
Miami Dolphins .520 133-123-0
San Francisco 49ers .520 132-122-2
Minnesota Vikings .516 132-124-0
Seattle Seahawks .516 130-122-4
Cincinnati Bengals .508 130-126-0
Jacksonville Jaguars .508 129-125-2
New England Patriots .508 130-126-0
Atlanta Falcons .504128-126-0
Chicago Bears .502 128-127-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers .500 127-127-2
Washington Redskins .498 127-128-1
New York Jets .496 127-129-0
Philadelphia Eagles .496 127-129-0
Cleveland Browns .492 126-130-0
Pittsburgh Steelers .496 126-130-0
Tennessee Titans .488 124-130-2
New York Giants .480 123-133-0
Dallas Cowboys .480 121-134-1
Buffalo Bills .473 121-135-0
Houston Texans .473 120-134-2
Kansas City Chiefs .473 121-135-0
Oakland Raiders .469 120-136-0
Indianapolis Colts .461 117-137-2
San Diego Chargers .457 117-139-0
Denver Broncos .430 110-146-0


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:36 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 254
Can't wait to see how 5'7 Austin, probably the smallest receiver in the league, is going to handle the physicality of a guy like Brandon Browner. Welcome to the NFL -- ask Greg Jennings how he liked it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8674
Location: Is Everything
Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
Can't wait to see how 5'7 Austin, probably the smallest receiver in the league, is going to handle the physicality of a guy like Brandon Browner. Welcome to the NFL -- ask Greg Jennings how he liked it.


Seeings how he will more than likely be lined up in the slot I don't know we will ever find out.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
I can't wait to see how Austin reacts to how we test him, you know there will be some NFCCG tactics used on him, they're gonna see how he reacts to violent hit, and they're gonna see how he reacts when they try to knock him off his route at the line.

That being said, I hope the Rams beat the 49ers every single time they play them.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:44 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
Throwdown wrote:
I can't wait to see how Austin reacts to how we test him, you know there will be some NFCCG tactics used on him, they're gonna see how he reacts to violent hit, and they're gonna see how he reacts when they try to knock him off his route at the line.

That being said, I hope the Rams beat the 49ers every single time they play them.


The interesting thing to me as a Rams' fan is knowing other teams think this about Austin. Might work out nicely for this young talented O - cannot think of a recent Rams target for D's to plan against other than SJax. Maybe Amendola for the few games he played.

Cook is going to be the star, not Austin. Austin will take the focus.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:32 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
NinerLifer wrote:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.


That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:45 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
rideaducati wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.


That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.


You can "overrate" a top two team? Can you sound like more of a Hawk homer than that statement?

Hey, Rams won't lose a divisional game this season.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:48 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
Can't wait to see how 5'7 Austin, probably the smallest receiver in the league, is going to handle the physicality of a guy like Brandon Browner. Welcome to the NFL -- ask Greg Jennings how he liked it.



I live in San Diego, so this is now the favorite thing for Charger fans to tell me. Go midget Rams! Good thing Harvin is all the way to eleven. He's like an amazon woman.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
vanillasuede wrote:
While everyone is betting 9 to 1, 7 to 1 etc on Sea and SF to win Super Bowl I got the Rams at 75 to 1. All they have to do is make the playoffs and I win off of hedges alone. Rams 4-1-1 last year in division and could have easily been 6-0.

The WR position has been substantially upgraded and their defense is awesome. That OLB Ogletree they got in the 1st round eats RBs for breakfast as he attacks and pounds on them. Kapernick and Wilson will not have the success they had last year running around against the Rams. Chris Long ate the Seahawks alive last year.

They added depth to the RB position with a very good 1 cut runner/screen catcher and the upgraded their secondary with safety McDonald.

The big prize was getting 2 WRs that will have no problem getting open in the NFL and will easily exploit tall CBs like Richard Sherman who will not be able to cover them as they are too quick at cutting and too fast. This will make their long WRs much more valuable. Look for Brian Quick to have a big year for them.

The Rams should win at least 10 games this year and make the playoffs.


The Rams could have just as easily been 2-4 in the division last year. Great first year division record, but the wins came on fluke plays. The Rams won't catch anyone off guard this year with their fake kicks and punts.

I guess you missed where Sherman was unable to cover Steve Smith. If I recall correctly, Smith is quick and fast and small. Go ahead and move a shifty little guy into the slot this year...Trufant isn't around anymore and has been replaced by the highest rated corner in the league last year. Good luck.

I think the Rams should win a lot of games this season and they might even be good enough to finish ahead of the niners for second in the division, but no one is finishing ahead of the Seahawks this year in the division.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:54 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
RedAlice wrote:
rideaducati wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.


That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.


You can "overrate" a top two team? Can you sound like more of a Hawk homer than that statement?

Hey, Rams won't lose a divisional game this season.


Hey, wanna bet?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:58 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
How much of a physical beating you can take in the NFL is all about how muscular your frame is, height's largely irrelevant. Isn't Tavon Austin 5'8" or 5'9", though? That's what Wikipedia and other Googled sources say, with the NFL combine site saying 5'8". In any case, he comes in at 2.55 lbs per inch of height per the 5'8" combine measurement. Sidney Rice is 2.65 lbs per inch; so Austin definitely has a small frame right now. A lot of players gain muscle mass in the pros compared to college, though. I'd say he's definitely going to be injury-prone if his weight stays more or less the same. If he can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle overall, though, I'd definitely change that statement on my part.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:52 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.[/quote]

You can "overrate" a top two team? Can you sound like more of a Hawk homer than that statement?

Hey, Rams won't lose a divisional game this season.[/quote]

Hey, wanna bet?[/quote]

I see you don't get humor. I was making fun of "overrating" a top two team and being a homer.

In my dreams the Rams don't lose a divisional game. I also get to spend a naked weekend with Kate Upton soon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:57 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
RolandDeschain wrote:
How much of a physical beating you can take in the NFL is all about how muscular your frame is, height's largely irrelevant. Isn't Tavon Austin 5'8" or 5'9", though? That's what Wikipedia and other Googled sources say, with the NFL combine site saying 5'8". In any case, he comes in at 2.55 lbs per inch of height per the 5'8" combine measurement. Sidney Rice is 2.65 lbs per inch; so Austin definitely has a small frame right now. A lot of players gain muscle mass in the pros compared to college, though. I'd say he's definitely going to be injury-prone if his weight stays more or less the same. If he can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle overall, though, I'd definitely change that statement on my part.


He is small. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Bradford is tall.

Wilson is very short for a QB and so is Harvin. Can you really call out the height issue? I think Austin will be good, possible even a great height mismatch w B.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:35 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
RedAlice wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
How much of a physical beating you can take in the NFL is all about how muscular your frame is, height's largely irrelevant. Isn't Tavon Austin 5'8" or 5'9", though? That's what Wikipedia and other Googled sources say, with the NFL combine site saying 5'8". In any case, he comes in at 2.55 lbs per inch of height per the 5'8" combine measurement. Sidney Rice is 2.65 lbs per inch; so Austin definitely has a small frame right now. A lot of players gain muscle mass in the pros compared to college, though. I'd say he's definitely going to be injury-prone if his weight stays more or less the same. If he can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle overall, though, I'd definitely change that statement on my part.


He is small. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Bradford is tall.

Wilson is very short for a QB and so is Harvin. Can you really call out the height issue? I think Austin will be good, possible even a great height mismatch w B.


I could see Austin being a lot like DeSean Jackson. He caught people by surprise his first couple years but hasn't played a full season in any of the last three years.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
Not playing is the Amendola curse. Hope he didnt sneeze on Austin.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
RedAlice wrote:
He is small. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Bradford is tall.

Wilson is very short for a QB and so is Harvin. Can you really call out the height issue? I think Austin will be good, possible even a great height mismatch w B.


Wilson is 5'10" and 5/8ths precisely, and weighs 215 now. Austin is 5'8", at most 2 & 5/8ths inches shorter than Wilson, but weighs 174 lbs. Wilson is 3.0 lbs per inch of height, that's a pretty big difference over Austin's 2.55. My point is, it's not about height when it comes to injury, I agree with you; it's about how much protection you have on your frame. Wilson's got 18% more, which is nothing to sneeze at.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Hawkspur wrote:
Despite all of the extra draft picks I'm just happy that they don't have Robert Griffin.

For real on that one. He probably wouldnt've blown out his knee if he was playing in a real pro field, so we'd get his ass healthy as well.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
rideaducati wrote:
RedAlice wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
How much of a physical beating you can take in the NFL is all about how muscular your frame is, height's largely irrelevant. Isn't Tavon Austin 5'8" or 5'9", though? That's what Wikipedia and other Googled sources say, with the NFL combine site saying 5'8". In any case, he comes in at 2.55 lbs per inch of height per the 5'8" combine measurement. Sidney Rice is 2.65 lbs per inch; so Austin definitely has a small frame right now. A lot of players gain muscle mass in the pros compared to college, though. I'd say he's definitely going to be injury-prone if his weight stays more or less the same. If he can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle overall, though, I'd definitely change that statement on my part.


He is small. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Bradford is tall.

Wilson is very short for a QB and so is Harvin. Can you really call out the height issue? I think Austin will be good, possible even a great height mismatch w B.


I could see Austin being a lot like DeSean Jackson. He caught people by surprise his first couple years but hasn't played a full season in any of the last three years.

Definitely could but that weight worries me at least for this year. Also it usually does take WR's 2-3 years to really get "it" so there's alot of expectation on him that I don't think is warranted until we see a few games.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rams look to be a factor this year.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:32 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4312
Location: Auburn, WA
I just can't see the Rams displacing either the Hawks or Niners. The Niners are a potential unknown with Crabtree out, but I expect them to produce at the same level as last year, with the secondary getting off to a slow start in the first couple games before getting it together. If Crabtree were healthy for the entire season, I wouldn't give the Rams a chance to replace the Niners.

I literally rewatched the Hawks /Rams game yesterday, closely. What I saw was a game that Carroll took no real risks in that the team left 10 points on the field, either from field position and not taking the kick or from McCoy literally removing points from the scoreboard singlehandedly.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beeker, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.