If you could add one player from the other NFCW teams.

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
This has always been one of the most periods of the year, so sometimes i post to pass the time, such as i am now.

If you could pluck one player off the roster of each other team within the division to add to your own roster, who would it be?

San Fransisco - Aldon Smith

Though the Rams have Dunbar who played better then expected last year, Smith is in a league of his own and would be an absolute terror when teamed with JLau and Ogletree(if he pans out, fingers crossed).

I considered Bowman and Willis, but Jlau is more than serviceable. Justin Smith was an option, but why waste the pick on a DE when Smith is a major upgrade over Dunbar? Besides those mentioned, none of the other 49er players really popped out for me.

Arizona - Larry Fitzgerald

Is that choice to easy? yes.
D. Washington was a strong candidate, but i already grabbed Aldon Smith. Patrick Peterson was another option, but he coverage skills are not as good as they should be. Fitzgerald is the obvious choice for the Rams in this case.

Seattle - Earl Thomas

Earl Thomas fills the greatest need for my Rams. Dahl and Mikell(starting safeties from alst year) are gone and we drafted T.J. McDonald to fill one of those voids, i presume at SS. This leaves the door wide open at FS for either Darian Stewart or McCleod or UDFA Cody Davis. Having a two time pro-bowler man our last line of defense would be awesome for me.

Sherman was a strong candidate, but our need at safety outweighed Shermans skill.

*You might wonder why i didn't choose Kaep or Wilson, it is because i still have faith in Bradford and with the many new weapons and same Offensive system i want to see what he can do.

So who are the players you would take to add to your roster?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
49ers - Willis or Vernon Davis. I'd move Wagner outside and plug Willis in the middle. Vernon with Zach Miller would give us the best TE's in the league. Yes better than you New England.

Rams - Chris Long. Easily the Rams best player. Honorable mention to Janoris Jenkins, he's a good player but plays the one position we may be the strongest at.

Cardinals - Fitzgerald. Nobody else even worth discussing.

Edit: I got to thinking about it. Tom Cable could convince me to take Mike Iupati. It makes sense and Tom Cable intimidates me a bit.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rams - Janoris Jenkins, we really don't need him, but him across from Sherman? lawd hammercy

AZ - Calais Campbell, a lot of people are gonna say Fitzgerald, and rightfully so, he's a future HOFer

49ers - Can we just dispose of them all? I'll take Patrick Willis though, as he'd be the only guy I'd move Wagner outside for.

hawker84

Reaction score
Ram's - Chris Long - or Bradford as a back up to wilson.. he's better than Quinn...

SF - Aldon Smith.. i actually like Vernon Davis better as a player, but Aldon fills our needs more at this time

AZ - Palmer for a back up to Wilson - we're so stacked at reciever right now , don't see a need for Fitz

drdiags

Reaction score
Rams - Brockers or Long (Jenkins, since you can never have enough DBs)

SF - Bowman (Davis would be another option for me)

AZ - C Campbell (or D Washington since getting suspended for PEDs is the in thing ... j/k)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rams: Chris Long. Long term Answer to replacing an aging Justin Smith.

Seattle: Earl Thomas. IMO, the best FS in the league.

Arizona: I probably would have said Campbell, but right now given Niner injury situation I'd say Fitz.

kearly

Reaction score
I can kind of understand keeping Bradford over Kaepernick since Kaep is a system guy, but if you could take any Seahawk for the Rams you'd be crazy not to take Wilson, IMO.

Rams-

Jake Long. One of the NFL's most under-rated players, IMO. Easiest pick from the entire division.

SF-

Patrick Willis. What's crazy is that there isn't a 49ers player that really jumps out to me as a huge upgrade. I think Willis' strong inside presence and well rounded game would help Seattle the most. Wagner would be a killer WLB. Was tempted to name Bowman but I think he'd be redundant with KJ Wright.

Cardinals-

Patrick Peterson. I think Peterson is one of the league's more over-rated players, but I think part of that is on motivation and coaching. I'd be curious to see what Pete could turn him into. Also, Harvin/Peterson as a KR/PR duo. Washington is a good choice but I don't think we need him. As much as I like Campbell we have a similar player now in Bennett. Fitz is getting old, had a terrible season last year, and comes with a backbreaking contract. Class act and all that, but no thanks.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
kearly":1m6s5v54 said:
I can kind of understand keeping Bradford over Kaepernick since Kaep is a system guy, but if you could take any Seahawk for the Rams you'd be crazy not to take Wilson, IMO.

I understand what your saying and i did debate it a little. Wilson had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, i just want to see more of him before i'd make that choice.

Also, we don't have anyone proven at FS, it is a great unknown. Last year Craig Dahl was the starter, and jesus, did we die a little inside everytime he got near the ball. Our need for a proven, multi pro bowl, All pro safety out weighs our "maybe" need at QB. Bradford didn't do bad this year, i admit he didn't light it up or anything, but he was more then serviceable and did show improvement, the same could not, and cannot be said about our FS position.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":xtx1y694 said:

Rams-

Jake Long. One of the NFL's most under-rated players, IMO. Easiest pick from the entire division.

SF-

Patrick Willis. What's crazy is that there isn't a 49ers player that really jumps out to me as a huge upgrade. I think Willis' strong inside presence and well rounded game would help Seattle the most. Wagner would be a killer WLB. Was tempted to name Bowman but I think he'd be redundant with KJ Wright.

Cardinals-

Patrick Peterson. I think Peterson is one of the league's more over-rated players, but I think part of that is on motivation and coaching. I'd be curious to see what Pete could turn him into. Also, Harvin/Peterson as a KR/PR duo. Washington is a good choice but I don't think we need him. As much as I like Campbell we have a similar player now in Bennett. Fitz is getting old, had a terrible season last year, and comes with a backbreaking contract. Class act and all that, but no thanks.

I think its interesting that Kaep is a "system guy" and Wilson is not? I'd be intersted to hear that explanation.

As for your Willis quote I kinda had the same issue and the secondary was the only spot on the team where I saw an advantage. I thought about RB and while I think Lynch is probably a better #1 at this point in Gores career, I really like the SF depth there. I know Seattle has dept as well....but RB wasn't enough of an upgrade for me to pick Lynch

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":at08244m said:
kearly":at08244m said:

I understand what your saying and i did debate it a little. Wilson had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, i just want to see more of him before i'd make that choice.

Also, we don't have anyone proven at FS, it is a great unknown. Last year Craig Dahl was the starter, and jesus, did we die a little inside everytime he got near the ball. Our need for a proven, multi pro bowl, All pro safety out weighs our "maybe" need at QB. Bradford didn't do bad this year, i admit he didn't light it up or anything, but he was more then serviceable and did show improvement, the same could not, and cannot be said about our FS position.

LOL...to say that 49er fans were puzzled by the Dahl signing was an understatement. I think he's in SF mostly to be a reserve at safety and to play ST. Hopefully, Reid can play well as a rookie. I chose Thomas as well tho because I think he's the best FS in the NFL.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Marvin49":vobd3ic6 said:
LOL...to say that 49er fans were puzzled by the Dahl signing was an understatement. I think he's in SF mostly to be a reserve at safety and to play ST. Hopefully, Reid can play well as a rookie. I chose Thomas as well tho because I think he's the best FS in the NFL.

We were so freaking happy when the 49ers picked him, we prayed that he was going to be starting lololol. Unfortunately you are likely right in your assessment that he will be a back up/ST player.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Long.
Fitz.
LMJ. (I don't think he's the best player on their roster or a need for the Seahawks but we're already winning multiple Super Bowls with our current roster plus Long and Fitz, so i'm saving Lamichael from Harbaugh).

aawolf

Reaction score
Rams: Jake Long--duh.

Cardinals: Daryl Washington--We can always use a team's best tackler, he probably will take KJ's spot. He's a cheaper bet than Fitz too.

9'ers: Vernon Davis--take their best weapon and we get another stud TE. win-win.

mikeak

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":374uyzlq said:

This is VERY understandable being a Rams fan........

mikeak

Reaction score
Marvin49":3a2mho9k said:
I think its interesting that Kaep is a "system guy" and Wilson is not? I'd be intersted to hear that explanation.

You will - loud and clear from September through February

Marvin49

Reaction score
mikeak":12m8v07e said:
Marvin49":12m8v07e said:

You will - loud and clear from September through February

...riiiigggghhhhtttt. That proves everything.

SMDH.