Seattle Seahawks Mt. Rushmore

Largent80

Reaction score
Ken Behring

Howard Schultz

A-rod

The entire Seattle City Council

Why you ask?.......Well if this is to be on Mt. Rainier then their faces would be encased in hundreds of feet of ice where they truly belong.

zayden185

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":1euup7cx said:
I'd replace Paul Allen with Hasselbeck. 3 pro bowls and led the team to its only superbowl appearance.

i think that Paul would be in the cloud, with his arms outstretched "ABOVE" the mount rushmore. Like in the cistine chapel reaching down to touch the 'Mortals" and say "you are the chosen ones"

zayden185

Reaction score
Thinking back over the years....reminded me of this joke.

What was the most common phrase heard around Seattle, on Sundays during the 80's??

HawkFan72

Reaction score
At this point I put:

Hasselbeck
Walter Jones
Steve Largent
Cortez Kennedy

Really hard choice between Hass and Allen (as Allen basically saved the franchise and is one of the premier owners in the league, if not the best)...but I had to go with the player.

Wilson hopefully will be taking that spot in a few years anyway.

A

Anonymous

Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy

In order to do the monument proper justice, it would have to include a front and back row for eight.

In that case:

Warner
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy
Alexander
Knox
Holmgren

chris98251

Reaction score
Since it's in stone and not capable of being erased you have to look up till now and the future,

Largent
Jones

Two blank spots waiting to be filled, I chose two players that are from the two generations I think of fans and players that are HOF. Tez was crossed over between Largent and Jones, on playing alone he deserves it.

I'm thinking about tomorrow as well and since we don't know what will transpire leaving vacant areas for the possible Wilson or Sherman face of this generation of Seahawk.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Radish":33fyyz0j said:
Steve Harper

Doug Snazel

Matt Wolf

Whatsyurprob

:roll:

With Raven Hawk ank K-hawk as alternates. :mrgreen:

Rat

Reaction score
Largent, Jones, Easley, Alexander

I have no ties to Seattle, so I don't really care that Paul Allen kept the team from moving away. LA is my favorite city on the planet; I wish the Seahawks had moved there.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Franco Harris
Edgerrin James
Jerry Rice
Terrell Owens

Rat

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":27iv4i04 said:
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy

In order to do the monument proper justice, it would have to include a front and back row for eight.

In that case:

Warner
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy
Alexander
Knox
Holmgren
You talk about doing "proper justice" with the monument, and then don't even put Walter Jones in your top 8.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Emphasizing the connection of the different Seahawk generations...

Steve Niehaus
Rick Mirer
Brian Bosworth
Aaron Curry

A

Anonymous

Rat":78a5ok27 said:
HoustonHawk82":78a5ok27 said:
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy

In that case:

Warner
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy
Alexander
Knox
Holmgren
You talk about doing "proper justice" with the monument, and then don't even put Walter Jones in your top 8.

So, how many points did Walt score, and how many key decisions did he make? He had one job and he did it at an extremely high level, but my list is based more on skill players and decision-makers.

Look, Jones is clearly the best LT the team has ever had (and he is my number 9), but I believe the total contributions of those listed in front of him are more significant.

Rat

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":23jvc9kd said:
Rat":23jvc9kd said:
HoustonHawk82":23jvc9kd said:
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy

In that case:

Warner
Easley
Krieg
Largent
Kennedy
Alexander
Knox
Holmgren

So, how many points did Walt score, and how many key decisions did he make? He had one job and he did it at an extremely high level, but my list is based more on skill players and decision-makers.

Look, Jones is clearly the best LT the team has ever had (and he is my number 9), but I believe the total contributions of those listed in front of him are more significant.
Is this a joke? I was just being a smart-ass with my comment because I assumed you forgot Big Walt.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We have probably done this thread before, but it's May 29.. so .. whatever :D

Say they announce tomorrow that outside of the VMAC there will be a Seahawks Mt. Rushmore built.. what FOUR faces would you want bestowed on such a lovely monument.

My Four:

walterjones.jpg

Walter Jones

IMO, the greatest Seahawk of all-time. Future lock to be in the HOF.

110701largent600.jpg

Steve Largent

The best Seahawk of the 80's.. and one of the more underrated WR's in NFL History. The Seahawk icon, Mr. Steve Largent.

120204-cortez-kennedy-600.jpg

Cortez Kennedy

Another no-brainer IMO. Probably the best defensive player to ever wear a Seahawk uni. 2012 HOF selection.

Mike-Holmgren-Seattle-Seahawks.jpg

Mike Holmgren

This is where it should be interesting, as the previous 3 guys are "locks" in my opinion. I'm giving the 4th spot to Mike Holmgren, over guys like Easley, Alexander, Hass, Zorn, Krieg, etc. I know Holmgren has a lot of people on this board that weren't too high on the guy.. but pre-Carroll, he brought the Seahawks to their first Super Bowl and more success than any other coach in team history. He was not the best GM in the world, far from it, but his offense was downright beautiful when it was clicking.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Same 4 as of now. Wilson and Sherm could possibly replace the Walrus in the future.

PC has a chance as well if he wins a superbowl.

Latest posts