McCoy waived/inj --Out for the yr (Bscherer signed)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • From Seahawks Twitter:

Seahawks Tight end Anthony McCoy has been waived/injured; Tackle Jake Bscherer has signed with the club.
    6 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    Last edited by Hawkstorian on Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    * NET Staff *

Re: McCoy waived/inj --Out for the yr
Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 am
  • Sucks... i really like him as a second TE.. minus the couple drops, he was a real good playmaker.. Happy Healing, hope he can return from that.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Re: McCoy waived/inj --Out for the yr
Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 am
  • He goes on IR for the Seahawks unless someone claims him, which is unlikely given his injury and status as a UFA after the season. Doesn't affect much.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Hopefully he ends up getting placed on IR shortly after this, like the Hawks did with Cameron Morrah last season. However, hopefully his career path doesn't end up mirroring Morrah's (try saying that 5 times fast!).

Can't wait to see whether my Adopt-a-Rookie, Luke Willson, can fill the void.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• A very serious situation for McCoy. He knows that he has, at best, a 50% chance of making the team next year.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Interesting. I suspect they weren't that high on him to begin with, which pushed the decision more in this direction. But I doubt anyone claims him, so he will end up back on our IR.

Or perhaps they are just more realistic about an Achilles tear than Harbaughdouche.
    Last edited by FlyingGreg on Tue May 28, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Yeah, achille's tears are very serious and I'm sure they realize this. I had simple growing pains in my achilles tendin when I was a kid and it sidelined me for a year from soccer when I was a select player. And we're talking about a 12-13 year old skinny little kid with achilles pain, not a tear in a 250 pound full grown man.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

• Parallels with Cam Morrah are uncanny.

Edit -- yeah McCoy was more productive, but the basic storyline (low draft pick, 3 year backup TE, showed some ability) is the same.
    Last edited by Hawkstorian on Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    * NET Staff *

• Well, at least they won't rush him back on to the field. :229031_shrug:

Seriously, I hope he comes out of it OK. It's a tough injury for sure. I thought he was coming around and about to have a decent season for us. Well, hope the rook steps up.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Hawkstorian wrote:Parallels with Cam Morrah are uncanny.

Yes...except McCoy actually made plays on the field. Morrah had the one big catch against New Orleans in the Beast Quake game, but not much else to show for his time.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• It will be interesting to see if Crabtree makes it back this year. Suggs pulled it off last year. Hopefully McCoy will be back next season
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:Interesting. I suspect they weren't that high on him to begin with, which pushed the decision more in this direction. But I doubt anyone claims him, so he will end up back on our IR.

Or perhaps they are just more realistic about an Achilles tear than Harbaughdouche.

If McCoy was nearly the player that Crabtree is and had the same kind of value to the offense that Crabtree does for San Fran then they keep him on the roster, put him on the PUP list, activate him after game six and keep him deactivated for games until he's ready to go. He doesn't have the same amount of value so therefore: waived/injured.

I much as I can't stand Harbaughdouche, this is a different situation and the 9ers are doing exactly what they should be with Crabtree.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• The Kellen Winslow curse for all backup Seahawk TEs continues...

Morrah, Moore, McCoy
    ak3000
    NET Veteran

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Interesting. I suspect they weren't that high on him to begin with, which pushed the decision more in this direction. But I doubt anyone claims him, so he will end up back on our IR.

If McCoy was nearly the player that Crabtree is and had the same kind of value to the offense that Crabtree does for San Fran then they keep him on the roster, put him on the PUP list, activate him after game six and keep him deactivated for games until he's ready to go. He doesn't have the same amount of value so therefore: waived/injured.

I much as I can't stand Harbaughdouche, this is a different situation and the 9ers are doing exactly what they should be with Crabtree.

Yes, or said another way...the 49ers are desperate since Crabtree is their only bona fide playmaker at WR. That's why they are clinging to hope and wishing he comes back in six months.

They better come up with something in the meantime. Boldin and Manningham are not game-changers, by any stretch of the imagination. Davis seems to be the guy to focus on, but defenses will know that and since you can get away with single coverage on Boldin and Manningham...the Niners are going to be hurting in the passing game.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• ak3000 wrote:The Kellen Winslow curse for all backup Seahawk TEs continues...

Morrah, Moore, McCoy

Maybe we need to start a tight end whose last name doesn't begin with an "M"
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

• 12thMan1 wrote:
    ak3000 wrote:The Kellen Winslow curse for all backup Seahawk TEs continues...

Morrah, Moore, McCoy

Maybe we need to start a tight end whose last name doesn't begin with an "M"

"Go to hell...". Signed, Zach Miller. :P
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Isn't Mike Mybad available?
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Interesting........well lets hope that Luke Willson does show something for us as we are gonna need him more than ever now.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Damn, I've always liked McCoy.

Willson's time to shine now, I guess!
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• A snippet on Fells and Willson. Should help Willson that he is getting more time with the big boys

Some tidbits

* The Seahawks announced that tight end Anthony McCoy, who suffered an torn Achilles tendon that required surgery, has been waived/injured, and offensive lineman Jake Bscherer has been added to the roster in his place.

With McCoy out, fifth-round choice Luke Willson had an opportunity to step up and show he can be a reliable target in the passing game. But Willson showed he still has some work to do, with two drops and another couple Russell Wilson interceptions that were intended for the Rice product.

Wilson talked to Willson on the side after the second interception, appearing to talk about the route concept.

* Linebackers K.J. Wright and Kyle Knox both had the interceptions while guarding Willson, making nice breaks on the ball.

* TE Darren Fells had a couple nice catches on underneath routes during 7-on-7 passing drills.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Good link.

Off-topic, but it was nice to read this:

* Cornerback Antoine Winfield provided sticky coverage in nickel situations, and appears a nice fit for Seattle’s defense.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• This was the only real option for the Hawks with McCoy. He wasn't eligible to be a 'designated for return' player on IR, and the odds of him being physically ready to play at any acceptable level late in the season were very, very low, making the PUP list an unlikely option. By doing this, there's the 1% chance that another team will claim him and take his salary off of the Hawks' hands, and if not, it give the Hawks the option of working out an injury settlement with McCoy if he's interested in that. I don't expect he will be, so we're likely to see McCoy spending the season on the sidelines in a cheerleading role while he rehabs for the 2014 season and perhaps gets brought back on a low-dough prove-it deal.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

• Sorry to hear, but not at all surprising. You don't come back from that in one season and as much as I like McCoy, he's not worth burning a roster spot on hoping he recovers. Well, all the McCoy haters out there get a chance to see what somebody else might be able to do. Best of luck to Willson with 2 L's and Fell. Next man up!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• No surprise, given his injury and contract status.

I'd like to see them look at Dante Rosario, he's a similar player, but a bit more polished as a receiver. I think he's still a free agent.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I didn't think he was making the team regardless.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Morrah, Moore, McCoy

That post disgusts me.

Leave this weak sh!t at home.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Morrah, Moore, McCoy

Why not just say that "all backup Seahawk TE's with names that begin with "M" are cursed"? :roll:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information