McCoy waived/inj --Out for the yr (Bscherer signed)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
From Seahawks Twitter:

Seahawks Tight end Anthony McCoy has been waived/injured; Tackle Jake Bscherer has signed with the club.
6 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

hawker84

Reaction score
Sucks... i really like him as a second TE.. minus the couple drops, he was a real good playmaker.. Happy Healing, hope he can return from that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He goes on IR for the Seahawks unless someone claims him, which is unlikely given his injury and status as a UFA after the season. Doesn't affect much.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hopefully he ends up getting placed on IR shortly after this, like the Hawks did with Cameron Morrah last season. However, hopefully his career path doesn't end up mirroring Morrah's (try saying that 5 times fast!).

Can't wait to see whether my Adopt-a-Rookie, Luke Willson, can fill the void.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Interesting. I suspect they weren't that high on him to begin with, which pushed the decision more in this direction. But I doubt anyone claims him, so he will end up back on our IR.

Or perhaps they are just more realistic about an Achilles tear than Harbaughdouche.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Yeah, achille's tears are very serious and I'm sure they realize this. I had simple growing pains in my achilles tendin when I was a kid and it sidelined me for a year from soccer when I was a select player. And we're talking about a 12-13 year old skinny little kid with achilles pain, not a tear in a 250 pound full grown man.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Parallels with Cam Morrah are uncanny.

Edit -- yeah McCoy was more productive, but the basic storyline (low draft pick, 3 year backup TE, showed some ability) is the same.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, at least they won't rush him back on to the field. :229031_shrug:

Seriously, I hope he comes out of it OK. It's a tough injury for sure. I thought he was coming around and about to have a decent season for us. Well, hope the rook steps up.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":n20d7pya said:

Yes...except McCoy actually made plays on the field. Morrah had the one big catch against New Orleans in the Beast Quake game, but not much else to show for his time.

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":19o1e8tl said:

McCoy's injury continues a trend for Seahawks
[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/292/2283533/McCoys-injury-continues-a-trend-for-Seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Crabtree makes it back this year. Suggs pulled it off last year. Hopefully McCoy will be back next season

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3grfe0by said:
Interesting. I suspect they weren't that high on him to begin with, which pushed the decision more in this direction. But I doubt anyone claims him, so he will end up back on our IR.

Or perhaps they are just more realistic about an Achilles tear than Harbaughdouche.

If McCoy was nearly the player that Crabtree is and had the same kind of value to the offense that Crabtree does for San Fran then they keep him on the roster, put him on the PUP list, activate him after game six and keep him deactivated for games until he's ready to go. He doesn't have the same amount of value so therefore: waived/injured.

I much as I can't stand Harbaughdouche, this is a different situation and the 9ers are doing exactly what they should be with Crabtree.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1honqiev said:
FlyingGreg":1honqiev said:

If McCoy was nearly the player that Crabtree is and had the same kind of value to the offense that Crabtree does for San Fran then they keep him on the roster, put him on the PUP list, activate him after game six and keep him deactivated for games until he's ready to go. He doesn't have the same amount of value so therefore: waived/injured.

I much as I can't stand Harbaughdouche, this is a different situation and the 9ers are doing exactly what they should be with Crabtree.

Yes, or said another way...the 49ers are desperate since Crabtree is their only bona fide playmaker at WR. That's why they are clinging to hope and wishing he comes back in six months.

They better come up with something in the meantime. Boldin and Manningham are not game-changers, by any stretch of the imagination. Davis seems to be the guy to focus on, but defenses will know that and since you can get away with single coverage on Boldin and Manningham...the Niners are going to be hurting in the passing game.

12thMan1

Reaction score
ak3000":2elo8ro0 said:
The Kellen Winslow curse for all backup Seahawk TEs continues...

Morrah, Moore, McCoy

Maybe we need to start a tight end whose last name doesn't begin with an "M"

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting........well lets hope that Luke Willson does show something for us as we are gonna need him more than ever now.