Booking a hotel in Seattle

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Booking a hotel in Seattle
Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 pm
  • I am in the process of organizing a 1st time trip to Seattle for the home opener vs the niners, and i am using Hotwire to book a hotel. You can save alot of money by using the secret hotel feature, but the problem is that you don't know what hotel you are booking. Long story short, I won't have a car while in Seattle, so what area should i book for to be close to the CLINK but also be central to fun things to do in the city. Listed areas include: Downtown Pike Place, Space Needle Area, Lake Union South, Downtown Bellevue, Redmond Kirkland, Renton or Tacoma.

Thanks in advance for any help
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Re: Booking a hotel in Seattle
Mon May 27, 2013 1:54 pm
  • Hey,

Me I booked my trip via Expedia. My deal is the plane (from Quebec (Canada) to Seattle) + 3 nights (Friday to Monday night, leaving on Tuesday) for around $648. My room has two queen sizes bed. Also, my hotel is the Sheraton and it likes 20 min by walk from the stadium if I'm right.

Go look for Expedia, I think they have some good price. Hey if a student liked me can afford it, who can't? :P
    seahawks-in-qc
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon May 27, 2013 2:01 pm
  • Last year I booked a room at the Moore Hotel, it's down town 1 block from Pike's Market and walking distance to the stadium. It was only $90 a night and they have their own web sight (you'd have to google it as don't remember the url) to book your room.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 pm
  • Book for downtown/pike. Everything is within walking or a quick taxi ride. Have a great time!
    Timmahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon May 27, 2013 2:06 pm
  • arghawkfan wrote:I am in the process of organizing a 1st time trip to Seattle for the home opener vs the niners, and i am using Hotwire to book a hotel. You can save alot of money by using the secret hotel feature, but the problem is that you don't know what hotel you are booking. Long story short, I won't have a car while in Seattle, so what area should i book for to be close to the CLINK but also be central to fun things to do in the city. Listed areas include: Downtown Pike Place, Space Needle Area, Lake Union South, Downtown Bellevue, Redmond Kirkland, Renton or Tacoma.

Certainly not Downtown Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton, or Tacoma! Pike Place maybe, or around Pioneer Square (which wasn't on your list). Busses actually work in Seattle (unlike the rest of Western Washington...) and there's a bus tunnel that runs right through the city with a light rail line in it. Pike Place is close to one of the bus tunnel stops, and the stadium is right near the south end of the tunnel at the International District (formerly Chinatown) stop.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Sheraton is good, Hyatt 8 is also a great place we have stayed (more expensive though). I would drop Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton and Tacoma off of your list since they are several miles outside of the Seattle downtown area unless you end up getting a car. Pike Place Market and the waterfront would be fun plus there are some good restaurants around downtown.
    If you have tickets for that game, you will have a great time...Century Link (team and the 12th man) should be pretty loud and fired up for this one. If you are a Hawk fan, this is what you want to see. Welcome to Seattle
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm
  • stayed at hotel five in belltown last nov. its right next to a top pot and about a 10 min walk to the sound transit (stop is at westlake center) which you can take to/from the airport. the transit also stops at the clink. if you dont mind walking, the hotel is also near the space needle and pike place market.
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm
  • Timmahawk wrote:Book for downtown/pike. Everything is within walking or a quick taxi ride. Have a great time!

and within the Metro Free Ride zone
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Mon May 27, 2013 6:55 pm
  • There is a tram of some sorts that runs from SeaTac to downtown. I heard it costs about 5 bux. Once downtown take a $10 cab ride to your hotel. You will save about $50 bux doing it that way instead of taking a cab from the airport to your hotel. Stay in any hotel that is in the downtown district within your budget. The Space Needle is a mile or 2 North of downtown. Pike Place Market is downtown near the water. The stadium is a mile or 2 South of downtown.
    There are lots of things to see all within relatively close distance.
    Take a ride from the downtown ferry to Bremerton and back. Beautiful, especially if the sun is out.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Mon May 27, 2013 6:58 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:
    Timmahawk wrote:Book for downtown/pike. Everything is within walking or a quick taxi ride. Have a great time!

and within the Metro Free Ride zone

Free ride zone ended in sept. now you have to pay as you board.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Tue May 28, 2013 4:53 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    arghawkfan wrote:I am in the process of organizing a 1st time trip to Seattle for the home opener vs the niners, and i am using Hotwire to book a hotel. You can save alot of money by using the secret hotel feature, but the problem is that you don't know what hotel you are booking. Long story short, I won't have a car while in Seattle, so what area should i book for to be close to the CLINK but also be central to fun things to do in the city. Listed areas include: Downtown Pike Place, Space Needle Area, Lake Union South, Downtown Bellevue, Redmond Kirkland, Renton or Tacoma.

Certainly not Downtown Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Renton, or Tacoma!

What he said. Those places are not in Seattle.

If you are going with the options you listed, the closest to the stadium is Downtown Pike Place, then Space Needle, then Lake Union. I would go with Downtown if it's not too much more expensive. Otherwise the other places work just fine. You'll just be walking longer and won't have as much nearby.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue May 28, 2013 7:47 pm
  • Is the Silver Cloud right across from the stadium still around? I'm sure it would be expensive but the stadium is right outside the lobby.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 pm
  • Yeah, the Silver Cloud is right next to quest field.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information