PFF's complete 2012 CB rankings?

SE174

Reaction score
Can someone please post a link to them? Somebody posted them in another thread a while back and I can't find them... either here or on PFF's website.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Here you go.

Edit: Now this is only about half of the list. I'm calling it the DTex Edition, to satisfy Officer Antipiracy's concerns about my egregious law violation (for which I should be sent to federal pound me in the *ahem* prison for, apparently) in posting the full list. *roll:

cbrankingsdtexedition.png

kearly

Reaction score
Wow, they have Janoris Jenkins way too low, at least based on what I saw of him (same score as Nnamdi Asomugha). Sean Smith seems too low as well. Funny that they have Marcus Trufant higher than Brandon Carr, who was pretty high on their 2011 list IIRC.

Another interesting factoid, Antoine Winfield was a pure nickle corner last year, and yet he wasn't far off the league lead in snaps. He had more snaps last year than Richard Sherman.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Carr was 31st out of 109 in 2011 if you're curious, Kearly. I'm also not surprised about the # of snaps Winfield took. Our defense got off the field a lot more than Minnesota's. ;)

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Thanks Roland. Is that png really pixelated or is it just my phone? Can't view it on my laptop... inoperable at the time being.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Im don't believe it is proper to post paid information for free to people like that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Looks fine to me. Don't know what to tell you. If you're looking for someone on there or want to know the top 5 or something, I can type them for you?

fridayfrenzy":2eldtiy6 said:
Im don't believe it is proper to post paid information for free to people like that.
:roll: It's also illegal to go 1 mile per hour over the posted speed limit, grandpa.

There, do you like my post edit with the revised half-list now?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":119r47pn said:
fridayfrenzy":119r47pn said:
:roll: It's also illegal to go 1 mile per hour over the posted speed limit, grandpa.

It isn't about "breaking the law", it is about taking the hard work the guys over at PFF and posting it to the masses for free.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zv7ygh4 said:

Why do you feel it is your privilege to post any of it? It is a subscriber service for a reason.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":3vf7gyde said:
It isn't about "breaking the law", it is about taking the hard work the guys over at PFF and posting it to the masses for free.

Considering the good things I've said about PFF's premium stats around here and one of the lengthier threads we had on it a while back, I dare say they'd be happy with the advertising I provided; which is like, .01% of their paid content. Why don't you go ask them, if you're so concerned?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jq5fjlf9 said:
fridayfrenzy":jq5fjlf9 said:

Considering the good things I've said about PFF's premium stats around here and one of the lengthier threads we had on it a while back, I dare say they'd be happy with the advertising I provided; which is like, .01% of their paid content. Why don't you go ask them, if you're so concerned?

I am not really concerned. I just think it is in poor taste.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Are you the type of guy that goes over to a friend's house to have dinner with him and his family, then lectures him in front of everyone at the table when he allows his 15-year-old kid to have a sip of wine, too? Just curious.

Also, for the record, I don't feel it's my privilege to post it. I also don't feel it's my privilege to go a couple miles an hour over the speed limit, either; but I still do it.

Good Lord, someone posts asking for a specific list of something, I oblige, and you're getting all up on my junk. Stop it. Stay out of the thread with your complaints, or private message a moderator if it bothers you that much.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
((((quickly copies the .png file to computer before debby downer gets a mod to remove it))))
:th2thumbs:

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Thanks Roland.

I was surprised to see Browner at 23. I thought he had a very down year, but he would be the best cornerback on almost 1/3 of the leagues teams. We are going to have the best secondary of all time next year with the addition of Winfield.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
smashmouth59":1fb7c4v6 said:
Thanks Roland.

I was surprised to see Browner at 23. I thought he had a very down year, but he would be the best cornerback on almost 1/3 of the leagues teams. We are going to have the best secondary of all time next year with the addition of Winfield.

Yeah thanks Roland, and I was suprised to see the rating for Winfield; wow!

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xxc35ecz said:
Looks fine to me. Don't know what to tell you. If you're looking for someone on there or want to know the top 5 or something, I can type them for you?

fridayfrenzy":xxc35ecz said:

Cool, no worries. Thanks again!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":3g7k85v9 said:
RolandDeschain":3g7k85v9 said:

Why do you feel it is your privilege to post any of it? It is a subscriber service for a reason.

It also promotes readership. it's a double edge sword for the site but it helps to develop viewership and promotes the website.

I think the only ones getting their panties in a bunch are the members who believe they are privy to something just for them. Without new members the website will dry up and you will have nothing to read.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Honestly, since Roland provided a snippet of part of PFF's CB rankings a while ago, it has only made me more wanting to subscribe. I'd certainly like to peruse these stats further and sort them in different ways. I think this only helps them. Thanks for posting it, Roland.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've been enjoying the week-to-week rankings they have for every player in the NFL, Outfield. It's interesting to see a poor grade for a given player, then go back and watch that game (I have them all recorded, but I also have NFL Game Rewind) and see how they look "to the eye" compared to how they were graded, and why they earned a negative grade, etc. There's a hell of a lot more on PFF's website than simply lists of rankings.