NFL Top 100: Sherman

Cartire

Reaction score
Yea, nothing was mentioned of him being on next weeks. This is all speculation. Thread should be locked, or at least update the op so people dont get confused.

They just say "who will be on next weeks" and then show a bunch of random players. Sherman was shown, but will most likely not be on the list.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
scutterhawk":py369c2g said:
NorthDallas40oz":py369c2g said:
The "voters" are the players themselves, and Sherman isn't exactly held in the warmest regards by his opponent peers. Considering his talking, taunting and the PED thing, Sherman should be considered fortunate to find himself in the Top 50.
Bull dung, almost ALL players are out there jawing in the games to some degree or another, take for example, TOM BRADY "Come Talk To Me AFTER The Game", thus, Sherman did exactly that, with his infamous "Are You Mad Bro" quip.
And everyone knows that Steve Smith is as quiet as a church mouse :roll:
Truth is, almost everyone around the League wish that they had a player with Richard Sherman's get after it on their team, MOUTH AND ALL.
Sherman backs his talk up with his play, and the players that can still perform through the distractions know that the only way to compete with him, is to maintain focus, and even then, they know that Sherman will force them to be their best.
And the Adderall thing?, NOBODY gains a physicality 'Edge' with Adderall in their system.

It would not be a surprise if the players didn't vote Sherm super high. He didn't get the pro bowl voting either

kearly

Reaction score
Not surprising. Like the pro-bowl, this list was voted on by the players and remember that Sherman was not selected to the pro-bowl last season. Seems like there are a lot of players out there who dislike Sherman and can't bring themselves to vote for him.

TJH

Reaction score
Cartire":1l67wy2o said:
Yea, nothing was mentioned of him being on next weeks. This is all speculation. Thread should be locked, or at least update the op so people dont get confused.

They just say "who will be on next weeks" and then show a bunch of random players. Sherman was shown, but will most likely not be on the list.

It clearly said "See where Sherman ranks next week."

Steve2222

Reaction score
FargoHawk":28dkqiww said:
This top 100 is suppose to be for the best players from last year. The problem is that the voters take a career into account.

No its not. Why do you think the list is called "Top 100 of 2013" and not "Top 100 of 2012."

If the list was for the best players in 2012 guys like Darrelle Revis wouldn't have made the list. Hell Peyton Manning was in the 40s last year and he didn't even play a down in 2011.

And Russell Okung didnt make the list. The only players we have left are Sherm and Beastmode.

A

Anonymous

kearly":3ndl2bb1 said:
Seems like there are a lot of players out there who dislike Sherman and can't bring themselves to vote for him.

Especially Roddy White, Greg Jennings, etc., etc....

drrew

Reaction score
Great quote from Ronde Barber talking about the CB's on the top 100 list that haven't yet been revealed.

Obviously I think Richard Sherman is number 1, that's kind of no question.
-Ronde Barber

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":idmpku7h said:
kearly":idmpku7h said:
Seems like there are a lot of players out there who dislike Sherman and can't bring themselves to vote for him.

Especially Roddy White, Greg Jennings, etc., etc....
I don't know why Jennings would have an issue with him. It was Browner that tossed him around like a ragdoll.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we're going only off of 1 year, I have more of an issue with Russell Wilson's #51 placement more than anything.

I guess it depends on the perspective, but someone mentioned a guy whom players would want on their team. Wilson probably leads the freakin league in intangibles and leadership, and who wouldn't want him leading their team? If it's purely on performance, I honestly can't think that 49 other guys were more important to their team, as well as 10 other QBs.

I think Harvin's ranking got hurt by his injury, and the rumor about him having a bad attitude and giving his coaches nothing but grief.

hawker84

Reaction score
if you make 1st team all pro , that means you're the best player in that position that season... i don't know the voting system for that, but that means he was one of the top 22 players in the league doesn't it.. how does that equate to 50 something?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Just saw another promo on NFL Network for 50-41 and and it solely featured Sherm and Aldon Smith and others commenting on him so I guess that means that he will be revealed this week. Should be much higher.