Skagit River Bridge Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

gargantual

Reaction score
My Dad called me (before I'd even heard) to let us know that he and my Mom were alright, but that they'd just passed over the bridge on their way home to Stanwood just 20 minutes before it happened.

Is anyone here from that area or know someone, family or friends who are? I'm very thankful that no one was killed or seriously injured in this accident, and my best wishes go out to anyone who is affected by it or the aftereffects (long detours, super-congestion, etc.).

I'm also very grateful since it easily could've been way worse.

It's just insane that this could happen on I5, the main arterial of the West Coast!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
A truck pulling an oversized load got too far left and the load took out one of the main spars. They havent concluded whether the cause was the truck driver, pilot vehicle error or whatever. Glad to hear that everyone who fell in the Skagit river were rescued.

grizbob

Reaction score
The timing couldn't be worse with the onset of Memorial Day weekend, but like you said no fatalities :th2thumbs:

warden

Reaction score
I live in Bellingham, this bridge collapse is going to piss me off come football season when I head down for the games

The Radish

Reaction score
Actually it hit some girders by being to far right in the southbound lane. But it matters little in the long run.

This is being discussed several pages in the Lounge.

Glad your family were not involved.

:les:

Status
Not open for further replies.