Seahawks picked as next dynasty

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I also agree with Loaf - mostly. I think it's harder to do nowadays, but that you can still do it. The key ingredient is you need to have a really great QB, (check) and a GM that can consistently draft starters outside of the first two rounds. (Check.) If you can keep up a long-term influx of talent via the draft to the point where you won't run into major salary cap problems by drafting better in the middle and later rounds better than everybody else, we could definitely have a dynasty.

I can't wait to find out.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Green Bay has not hit the "dynasty" point in the last couple of decades. (Unless you're just referring to their method of drafting; but they seem to be slipping in that area, maybe Schneider was more important to them than anybody thought.) The Patriots did, though. I'd say 3 rings within 10 years is the minimum required to reach "dynasty" status, in my opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A very extensive and well done article, especially for Bleacher Report.

I'd love our dynasty chances more if we didn't play in the brutal NFC West. Having to play the niners, Rams and improved Cards for the next five years is going to be a huge challenge.

PS. Screw the Pats. They've gorged themselves on a horrific AFC East for going on 10 years now. One of the most overrated "dynasty" talk teams of all time. They'd have 20-30% less wins per year during this span of time if they played in just about any other division. Not their fault, but having a 4-6 game head start on every other AFC team before the season even starts is a HUGE advantage.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vdm13lmx said:
A very extensive and well done article, especially for Bleacher Report.

I'd love our dynasty chances more if we didn't play in the brutal NFC West. Having to play the niners, Rams and improved Cards for the next five years is going to be a huge challenge.

PS. Screw the Pats. They've gorged themselves on a horrific AFC East for going on 10 years now. One of the most overrated "dynasty" talk teams of all time. They'd have 20-30% less wins per year during this span of time if they played in just about any other division. Not their fault, but having a 4-6 game head start on every other AFC team before the season even starts is a HUGE advantage.
Well the adviantage of playing in a brutal division is that you must draft well and be agressive in FA whenever possible and manage your capspace. Complacency is much less likely to set in.

The Radish

Reaction score
Don't you have to win once and get close again a couple of times to start dynasty talk?

I mean its silly since we haven't even won the division for 2-3 years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish":2nswsyaf said:
Don't you have to win once and get close again a couple of times to start dynasty talk?

I said the same upthread but Roland said this is a wishful thinking thread not reality.

vasilim

Reaction score
After: How many Superbowls will we win in a row 3 or 4? / DangeRuss Hall of fame chat / Seahawks Dynasty / Will we be undefeated? nonsense

My popcorn is ready for an 8-8 third place NFC west season and for this board to meltdown

Attachments

• aVZgT.gif
    aVZgT.gif
    220.9 KB · Views: 905

The Radish

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":322chpht said:
The Radish":322chpht said:

I said the same upthread but Roland said this is a wishful thinking thread not reality.

According to some posters around here that's not an unrealistic veiw of my buddy Roland.

:D

kigenzun

Reaction score
I love the "science" behind the impending Seahawks dynasty. This guy is a genius to notice how awesome we are now, and how awesome we gonna be rollin down the road. :D

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3k8eu6sa said:
Could we at least win the division before we start with the dynasty talk?
I accept the 'dynasty' talk as 'the thing that won't die' I can still remember Hawk fans uttering the word 'dynasty'during the '99 'back'er into the playoffs' season with Kitna at the helm, SMH. "...give me the strength to accept that which I can't change." :lol:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It can still be done, but like Roland ssid, those components have to be part of it.

The Hawks have positioned themselves to not be a dynasty so much, but be in the hunt and have a solid chance every year. They hit on a bunch of picks, more than we could ever expect. What that does, is allow them to draft without the pressure of hitting on 5 guys every season. Now they can hit on 1 or 2 to maintain the level of talent, backfilling those players that leave in FA.

We can't expect more than that. Having guys like PC/JS and our fantastic QB is going to be so huge for sustained success. PC is a big competition guy and what we have seen so far that is if a young guy can play, he is going to get the chance. These kids are going to step it up immediately, not settling for being a backup. Look at Douchebaugh, he let their first rounder sit as a rookie. That would never happen in PCs world. So many of his players from the draft are on the field.

The only team I consider to be dynasty level today is the Pats. They have managed to stay extremely successful while rotating players like crazy. The one constant is coach and QB.

Reaction score
I'll be damned. An actual well thought out, factual "article" from bleacher report - and no, I'm not saying that just because the author picked the Seahawks as the next dynasty. Even without that pick, the rest of the article is dynamite....maybe unicorns are real after all.

jhern87

Reaction score
As a Trail Blazers fan who used to hear his team dubbed something of the same.. I'll wait before popping the champagne.

Latest posts