ID WR- Justin Veltung Signed

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Interesting player. Inconsistent at Idaho, but clearly a great athlete. Maybe with competant coaching he can develop into a good player.

Curtis Crabtree‏@Curtis_Crabtree9m
#Seahawks have signed WR Justin Veltung per league personnel notice. He participated in the team's rookie mini-camp as a tryout player.

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider10m
Seahawks signed wide receiver Justin Veltung

Retweeted by Danny Kelly

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3447p43n said:
Two signings in two days...one roster spot was open by releasing Portis, I wonder who gets cut?

Probably Fells.

Maybe they didn't sign the OL player afterall. From what I can tell only that one source reported the OL signee, there hasn't been official word on him on the official site either.

Jville

Reaction score
This signing reflects, in part, their continuing commitment to find versatile wide receivers who can also contribute to special teams.

I like roster churn :th2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Very ..... very different receivers/prospects ........ IMO

Hendo66

Reaction score
Just referring to the video. I seem to remember Konz jumping on a similar vid. That is all.

Matticus

Reaction score
One of my best friends was his Veltungs quarterback back in high school as cascade Christian and they still hang out all the time. Before the draft veltung had workouts with Seattle and ran high 4.3 40's and Pete told him way before the draft he was going to end up a seahawk. Not really breaking news, just kind of cool hearing him talk to us about all of this a while ago and now seeing it actually happening for him. Obviously I'm rooting for the guy. Super cool dude, really a stand up guy.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I like it, he looks fast and agile. He would be good insurance for KR/PR backup. Fieldgulls has a piece on him.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2ojtofdg said:
[youtube]lQKFURKfRDQ[/youtube]
Man, I knew he was an athlete but jeez! Damn Idaho and our horrible coaching. Guy was a touchdown machine his sophomore year.

Horrible QB play really diminished his impact in his junior year and he was hampered by injuries as a senior. This guy possesses NFL athleticism though, and I'm interested to see if it can translate to an NFL field. I'm really happy for him. Hopefully he can make an impact on special teams.

Jville

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":feqzm5cm said:
Man, I knew he was an athlete but jeez! Damn Idaho and our horrible coaching. Guy was a touchdown machine his sophomore year.

Horrible QB play really diminished his impact in his junior year and he was hampered by injuries as a senior. This guy possesses NFL athleticism though, and I'm interested to see if it can translate to an NFL field. I'm really happy for him. Hopefully he can make an impact on special teams.

I'm also encouraged by Kippy Brown's remarks about Justin's learning skills and how bright he is. I think consolidating around a group of smart, tough, and explosive players will change the dynamics of the Seahawk passing game. This is a very capable group of receivers Brown has to work with this year. I'm optimistic Brown will end up with a WR corp capable of adjusting their game day routes on the fly to victimise defenses. This team already has the quarterback in place to exploit defenses.