Taking issue with Marshawn Lynch's OTA absence, here is why;

chris98251

Reaction score
He has his own work out program at home that helps with his back, he was seen stopping by the VMAC and was in great shape from what Pete had said. Find some 49er issue to talk about and quit stirring up trouble we don't need here.

Atradees

Reaction score
Yah, I am not worried about Marshawn. He is as tough as nails and bleeds the Seahawks Blue.

Besides my adopt a rookie has his back.....

blue 22

Reaction score
I love marshawn and I guess its none of my bees wax but when I see him likin pics on Instagram of babes smokin the reefer at 2:00pm in the afternoon when the team is practicing kind of makes me wonder...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It's not that I'm worried about him or his absence impacting his season at all, but it still just doesn't sit quite right with me. He is the only healthy player on the team not there. Why not spend time with the team? Even if he takes zero reps in practice. Even if he showed for OTAs, there would be plenty of time for his workout routine down in the Bay or wherever he is.

The Radish

Reaction score
When he starts missing the required ones then I'll worry.

You kiddies have not enough to do. Lets save his back as much as we can so we can be sure and get 2-3 more years out of him.

:141847_bnono:

nsport

Reaction score
MoneyLynch24":3n9kz5l3 said:
http://youtu.be/uhuuHxmkRgA

Look at this beast - Just doing the numbers here - I think this is working out with about 250-275 lbs - assuming those big ones are 45's. They might be more!

lynch.JPG

BocciHawk

Reaction score
The inner look to be rubberized, so three plates per side plus the bar would be 315.

(Typically big plates are 20 kg or 45 lb, same for the bar.)

If that's a weight he is routinely working out with, his max is probably approaching 400, at least 375.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Beast doesn't like talking to the media, and with the DUI hanging over his head, I think he's just avoiding the circus.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Maybe a small part of it has to do with him having a hearing about his DUI scheduled for yesterday (although it was moved to July). Probably would've been easier to just stay in the area. This doesn't really bother me anyway though. From what Pete said, it sounds like he's in better shape than ever.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1c7332wp said:
I actually LIKE that he's not here. WHy you ask? Because Having Marshawn here won't depreciably make him better. He's coming off a career year. However, by not being here it gives Turbin, Michael, and Ware a ton of reps. Alot more reps than what they would get if Lynch were here.

What this does is speed up the progression of these players. In affect your raising the floor of these players and accelerating the learning process for the 2 rookies as they are taking more and reps.

IMO this will actually make for a more deep RB corps as they should and grow with the extra reps making them more likely to contribute at a higher level than if he were here. So to me, it's strengthening the depth with him gone and I'm fine with that.

You lost me at 'won't DEPRECIABLY make him better' SMH LMAO

Y'all are missing the point. It's not about making Lynch better. It's about him setting the example as a vet, and as one of the main faces of this team. SHOW the work ethic and importance of team unity.

Could very well be that he's maintaining a low profile because of the DUI, but I'd sure love to hear he was at OTAs.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
nsport":3m6e9pxh said:
MoneyLynch24":3m6e9pxh said:
http://youtu.be/uhuuHxmkRgA

Look at this beast - Just doing the numbers here - I think this is working out with about 250-275 lbs - assuming those big ones are 45's. They might be more!

lynch.JPG

Those look like hundreds on the inside. Which would make it 535 pounds....probably maxing out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have a feeling Beast is just preparing to unleash. He's pissed about not being able to generate contact outside the tackles with his head down, so he is going to take it out on the DL.

OTA's are probably just a distraction to his intense focus on preparation to pound the rock in 2013. He is the nastiest of the nasty when it comes to running with contact.

I will be concerned if he doesn't show up to the mandatory stuff.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just watched a little of the Minny game to get a look at RW and I couldn't help but notice Lynch. That is a hard hitting defense in Minny and Lynch just kept bringing it. They started out hitting him pretty hard, even standing him up after popping loose, but in the end, the results are the same. 4 tacklers bringing him down, being dragged around for yards.

No worries here.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Lynch will miss the preseason games too.

It doesn't affect the price of tea in china.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Beeker":2f9uon6k said:
Lynch will miss the preseason games too.

It doesn't affect the price of tea in china.

I'd guess that he plays in a couple of games.....maybe a first half or so. Most likely skips the Oakland game. He knows that a RB hits the "wall" at age thirty, so he wants to maximize his play during the Regular season in the next few years. His age is listed at 27, so he has 3 - 4 years left. I'm amazed at how "injury proof" he seems to be!

pinksheets

Reaction score
- Marshawn suffers serious injury during OTAs -

WHY WAS MARSHAWN EVEN PRACTICING AT THE OTAS?!?!?!!

I want this guy making as few cuts and taking as little contact through the entire offseason and preseason as possible. He's a proven commodity with a timer ticking down.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":1pe2x2t4 said:
jlwaters1":1pe2x2t4 said:
I actually LIKE that he's not here. WHy you ask? Because Having Marshawn here won't depreciably make him better. He's coming off a career year. However, by not being here it gives Turbin, Michael, and Ware a ton of reps. Alot more reps than what they would get if Lynch were here.

What this does is speed up the progression of these players. In affect your raising the floor of these players and accelerating the learning process for the 2 rookies as they are taking more and reps.

IMO this will actually make for a more deep RB corps as they should and grow with the extra reps making them more likely to contribute at a higher level than if he were here. So to me, it's strengthening the depth with him gone and I'm fine with that.

:13:

:13: I'm with these guys. Let Marshawn rest up and train on his own if he wants. Give the young guys the reps.

A

Anonymous

sutz":s2t8ba7l said:
kearly":s2t8ba7l said:
jlwaters1":s2t8ba7l said:

:13:

:13: I'm with these guys. Let Marshawn rest up and train on his own if he wants. Give the young guys the reps.

:13: Me too, please.