NBA Playoffs

nategreat

Reaction score
Memphis about to go up 2-1 against the Thunder. Suck on that OKC! The curse continues. :thirishdrinkers:

GCrow

Reaction score
How stupid is the scheduling this round?

The Knicks - Pacers don't play again now until Tuesday, meaning they will have literally played 1 game in the span of a week. Really?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1u2eybo3 said:
I dont think anybody can compete with the Heat in a 7 game series. I think they roll relatively easily.

I'm saying Memphis makes it out of the west, in an upset.

Miami and Memphis moving on. I'm two steps closer to looking like a genius!

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2kbteyir said:
JSeahawks":2kbteyir said:
I dont think anybody can compete with the Heat in a 7 game series. I think they roll relatively easily.

I'm saying Memphis makes it out of the west, in an upset.

Miami and Memphis moving on. I'm two steps closer to looking like a genius!

Chill

cesame

Reaction score
The Thunder deserve to lose after trading Harden for what will amount to basically nothing.

I said it was a terrible trade when it happened, and it's still a terrible trade now for OKC.

Daryl Morey torched Sam Presti in that trade.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm glad they traded Harden because I always liked the way he played but never got to root for him since he played for OKC. Guy's seriously an assassin.

GCrow

Reaction score
Am I crazy for thinking Memphis would have a somewhat decent chance if the make it to the finals against Miami?

If they let Lebron do his thing, just focus on him trying not to be too much of a playmaker, Conley & Gasol should be able to do whatever they want vs Chalmers & Bridman, Tony Allen should totally shut down Wade - especially if he is still injured - and just get Z-Bo to be real physical and beat up Bosh scaring him off the court???

Or am I just delusional and want the Heat to lose too badly?

Throwdown

Reaction score
GCrow":1tpxua6c said:
Am I crazy for thinking Memphis would have a somewhat decent chance if the make it to the finals against Miami?

If they let Lebron do his thing, just focus on him trying not to be too much of a playmaker, Conley & Gasol should be able to do whatever they want vs Chalmers & Bridman, Tony Allen should totally shut down Wade - especially if he is still injured - and just get Z-Bo to be real physical and beat up Bosh scaring him off the court???

Or am I just delusional and want the Heat to lose too badly?

Your not, Memphis always plays Miami well, even beat the crap out 'em early in the year.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I love Memphis. I dig ZBo's "old man game" and Marc Sikma (Gasol). But, now I want the Spurs to make it to the Finals, simply because I believe they'd have a shot against the Heat.

San Antonio found 2009, and somehow added more long and athletic players..it may just work.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2mnx9vpv said:
Can't even root for the spurs

I felt the same way. I think I'm getting old or something.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3v32lcos said:
I genuinely think the Spurs could beat the Heat. As much as I like the Grizzlies and think watching them is fun, I think the Spurs are gonna roll this series in 4 or 5, and I think that the Pacers will push the Heat to 6 or possibly even 7 games, giving the Spurs a decided advantage.

Going to be interesting.

Agreed, the Spurs will roll the Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies offense matches up perfectly with what San Antonio can do; man up from the halfcourt line to the hoop. You cant win against San Antonio methodically working the ball down court. It's just a REALLY bad match-up for the Grizzlies.

The Heat play in between fast-break and halfcourt, so San Antonio will be in it. Also, the Heat will always be succeptable to good PG and big man play. Duncan's the most boring, yet efficient offensive big man, ever. He can out play Bosh, even though I Bosh is hugely underrated. OUtside of Duncan, everyone on San Antonio is apparently at least 6'9", with wigspan and defensive intensity.

I SHOULD root for Memphis so the Heat can roll 'em, and Stern doesn't get great ratings. But, what else would I watch? The Mariners? Reality TV like all you girls?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't think the Heat have a weakness for the Spurs to actually exploit, they may have some soft spots.

But they got one man that just makes none of it matter... You know his name and it isn't Michael Doleac...

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
We get it Throwdown, Juwuan Howard is your NBA Josh Portis. But, do actually think Howard will play much?

Sharkhawk is Doleac, true bill.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Both wrong, Jarvis Varnado!

Dude was a blocking machine at Mississippi State though awhile back.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Game 1's fricking great, old-school, have an enforcer on the roster, playoff basketball. Very physical. I wish this type of hoops was allowed more.

It wasn't THAT long ago every team had an enforcer, was it?

Latest posts