Sherman vs. Revis Debate Goes National

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
*Feud.

This was posted a while back, it happened in February, I think? Good discussion, though. Someone, I don't remember who, wrote an article about how differently Revis and Sherman have been used, though. Revis is usually a shadow to the #1 receiver and left alone in man coverage the vast majority of the time, whereas Sherman is split approximately evenly between zone and man coverage. I honestly can't wait until Revis comes here in week 9, though. I'm already anticipating Sherman mouthing off.

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nvbfnkn said:
*Feud.

This was posted a while back, it happened in February, I think? Good discussion, though. Someone, I don't remember who, wrote an article about how differently Revis and Sherman have been used, though. Revis is usually a shadow to the #1 receiver and left alone in man coverage the vast majority of the time, whereas Sherman is split approximately evenly between zone and man coverage. I honestly can't wait until Revis comes here in week 9, though. I'm already anticipating Sherman mouthing off.

The comparison you mentioned was this article:

http://presnapreads.com/2013/05/16/richard-sherman-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict/

We did have a thread about it, if the OP is interested in that discussion (which probably isn't the case)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68637

themunn

Reaction score
I think this year Sherman will step up ahead of Revis and it'll be clear.
In fact, I think if he had been a day 1 starter there'd be no doubt. People say you need to prove it over more than 2 years.
Find me a DE you'd take over JJ Watt or an OLB over Von Miller.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
No i've read our threads about it, and read the niners opinion of it on their site, it was cool to see what the rest of the league thought about it.. Also to point out the website, there is some pretty cool threads on that site.. top 10 running backs last year, top 10 qb's last year, where a lot of them put RW anywhere from 8th to 10th, Kaep's barely mentioned.. Thought other would find it interesting

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1pgvxu9m said:
*Feud.

Ya i saw i wrote fued, meant debate.. i don't know if it'll be a big deal, they won't ever be on the field at the same time, might be some pre/post game action though.. But it will be cool to see the best two corners on the field and see which one out battles the other for sure.

sutz

Reaction score
hawker84":ldvxe3ma said:
RolandDeschain":ldvxe3ma said:
*Feud.

Ya i saw i wrote fued, meant debate.. i don't know if it'll be a big deal, they won't ever be on the field at the same time, might be some pre/post game action though.. But it will be cool to see the best two corners on the field and see which one out battles the other for sure.
Oh, I don't know. Sherm used to be a WR in college. Perhaps Pete would try a new wrinkle for that game. I'm pretty sure Sherm would go for it....... :hmmmm:

:mrgreen:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh man, line Sherman up as a WR against Revis a few times. I'd kill to see that.

Seriously, just imagine if we line up Sherman as a WR in the red zone and he catches a TD from Wilson with Revis covering him. Just imagine Sherman reacting to that. God, I could die happily.

sutz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wbk1nx5 said:
Oh man, line Sherman up as a WR against Revis a few times. I'd kill to see that.

Yeah, man. That would be awesome. :smiley_karate:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Best part for Sherman:
Between the Skip Bayless fiasco, and now the Sherman vs. Revis media campaign, people are forgetting all about the PED controversy.
Dude has a talented publicist/agent team, and/or is crazy smart. I'm betting Stanford marketing/PR program classmate buddies.