Josh Portis waived

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Josh Portis waived
Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 am
  • Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 4m
    #Seahawks waive QB Josh Portis
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Re: Josh Portis waived
Tue May 21, 2013 9:04 am
  • Not surprised. He was not very good and his recent trouble did not help. I suspect the team felt they needed to send a message
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 am
  • Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 am
  • BamKam wrote:Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?

We gotta full back that knows the position :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Tue May 21, 2013 9:10 am
  • BamKam wrote:Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?

I think they'll battle it out, only way I could see us keeping three is if we would have have drafted one that they felt was too talented to get put onto the practice squad, sorta like Portis a few years ago
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 am
  • I'm guessing this is because he was already given a second chance after missing the game bus in Miami. Unfortunately, he let them down again. It probably has less to do with "sending a message" but it'll likely accomplish that, too.

I feel for the guy, though. He probably would have been fine if he had waited half an hour to drive or had one less drink. His passenger running her mouth probably didn't help him that night.
    Last edited by DavidSeven on Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 am
  • Well, looks like we are rolling with Quinn as #2 this season but no worries, backup QB's don't win Super Bowl really unless you have a Brady or Hostetler and a top pass rush on defense but we are going to live and die with Wilson.

Too bad Portis couldn't develop like we'd hoped, IDK if this is it for him here but it feels different than the other times he was cut.
    Last edited by 12th_Bob on Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 am
  • grizbob wrote:
    BamKam wrote:Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?

Also have a WR that knows it.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:14 am
  • grizbob wrote:
    BamKam wrote:Will we keep 3 QB's on the roster this year or do you think JJ and Quinn will battle for a roster spot?

Good point. He was pretty good as well. They have even listed him as an emergency QB in the past. Which would be the case if Wilson was hurt. The drop off is pretty steep
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 am
  • Oh noez! What are we going to do if the 3 QB's in front of him plus MRob get hurt!? I don't trust this strategy. Fire everyone! Send a message.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 am
  • Good. This is the easiest way to send signals to teammates. If you aren't a key player, screwing up gives you the boot.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 am
  • I think the moral of this story is, don't let our good buddy Throwdown adopt you.

He's clearly an unfit foster parent. Humblethug better be careful.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 am
  • Get throwdown on suicide watch, stat.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 am
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue May 21, 2013 10:18 am
  • 12th_Bob wrote:Well, looks like we are rolling with Quinn as #2 this season but no worries, backup QB's don't win Super Bowl really unless you have a Brady or Hostetler and a top pass rush on defense but we are going to live and die with Wilson.

Too bad Portis couldn't develop like we'd hoped, IDK if this is it for him here but it feels different than the other times he was cut.

I wouldn't rule out JJ just yet. He had an impressive rookie camp. Remember what happened when everyone started assuming Flynn was the starter?
    Zer0veritas
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 am
  • Zer0veritas wrote:
    12th_Bob wrote:Well, looks like we are rolling with Quinn as #2 this season but no worries, backup QB's don't win Super Bowl really unless you have a Brady or Hostetler and a top pass rush on defense but we are going to live and die with Wilson.

I wouldn't rule out JJ just yet. He had an impressive rookie camp. Remember what happened when everyone started assuming Flynn was the starter?

No disrespect to Quinn, but I'm actually hoping JJ gets the spot. He's put in so much work to change up his throwing and whatnot, it would be cool to see him make the team.

#Quinning.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 10:23 am
  • One of the things that Wilson did last year that was exceptionally impressive was his ability to avoid taking unnecessary hits. I think it's likely we go in with 2 QB's opening up the extra roster spot for D line depth, or Ware.
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 am
  • good riddance, dude sucks.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am
  • JJ looked good in practice and is cheaper. He has a strange throwing motion but the ball looks good.
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie

Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am
  • Seems like one less guy that had potential to run the offense similar to Wilson. Too bad.
    I still get chills when I watch the Beastquake run. "Are you kidding me?!!!"
    Clayfighter
    NET Rookie

Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 am
  • Not surprised at all, with the information about why he was cut last year and then the news of the DUI, what's the point of continuing to give him a shot. There are others who can get a shot and not be a distraction. The last thing you want out of your backup is being a distraction

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 21, 2013 10:44 am
  • kidhawk wrote:The last thing you want out of your backup is being a distraction

Witness the Jets.

Back on topic... if Portis had starter talent, he'd likely still be here... but, he doesn't... and he isn't.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 am
  • This was a no brainer no big deal.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

Tue May 21, 2013 11:19 am
  • Portis brought this on himself.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 21, 2013 11:31 am
  • Sad news, but I think a DUI carries far more weight for a QB than someone else because QBs are expected to be leaders, and Portis was probably hanging by a thread anyway (fairly or not). I can't say I'm too upset. Portis did this to himself, and I preferred Jerrod Johnson this preseason anyway.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 am
  • I will miss him going 1-for-8 in pre-season games... sigh.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm
  • Is Jerrod Johnson PS eligible ? I'd like to see us PS him at the very least.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 pm
  • Are there any other QBs that could run the read option that are sitting out there? I would think we may bring in another camp arm.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm
  • This was why I wish we had drafted Barkley. I think if anything, at least he would have had some value to trade (which good teams at roster management seem to do... remember how many QB's Green Bay rolled over? I know they got picks for both Brunell and Detmer, and both of those guys ended up playing in Pro Bowls).

I think wise roster management says you draft a QB that is good enough to be an NFL player in the mid rounds every year if you need to. We didn't have many needs, so it may have been a good pickup. Who knows though... I guess if Pete doesn't want him, then that says something.

Now it's time to sign Tebow. Hahaha. I just had to say that to start a fake argument. ;)
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:This was why I wish we had drafted Barkley. I think if anything, at least he would have had some value to trade (which good teams at roster management seem to do... remember how many QB's Green Bay rolled over? I know they got picks for both Brunell and Detmer, and both of those guys ended up playing in Pro Bowls).

I think wise roster management says you draft a QB that is good enough to be an NFL player in the mid rounds every year if you need to. We didn't have many needs, so it may have been a good pickup. Who knows though... I guess if Pete doesn't want him, then that says something.

Now it's time to sign Tebow. Hahaha. I just had to say that to start a fake argument. ;)

And which draft pick do you replace him with? You'd rather have Barkley, who might not even make this roster over Quinn or JJ, over Hill, Harper, Simon, Williams or Ware?
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Drafting Barkley would have been a bone head move. We don't need another QB who would resent being the back up. At least Quinn understands his job is the back up.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm
  • grizbob wrote:

True. MRob is probably better at QB than Portis too.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 pm
  • My point wasn't to draft Barkley over anybody. I said pretty simply guys, that teams that have had some good success have been smart about running QB's through and moving them on. It's not a terrible idea. The Seahawks aren't going to run their draft that way. Fine. I could care less. I'm not going to write a draft blog about it or start a value chart.

I'm simply saying that QB's tend to pick up value sitting more than a player at any other position. Name a position other than QB where a player can sit and not play a single down and actually get more value than he had as an initial draft pick. There aren't any that I can think of aside from a QB. It's just another way to score some value later.

The Seahawks were pretty well set at almost every position coming into this draft. Do you think Brady Quinn is better than Matt Barkley? Do you think Josh Portis is? I don't. I'll stand by that. So if I (referring to me... not you guys, not the Seahawks), but if I (again me) could have gotten Barkley in the mid-rounds I would have snagged him. 2 reasons. 1- Backup young QB who has shown he is intelligent and reminds me in his way of approaching the game how our #1 QB does. So yeah... I like Barkley for his intangibles. 2- If he never plays a down and is impressive in practice/preseason with a good team, then he gains value. You can trade him at the end of his first contract as the Falcons did with Matt Schaub and make a killing on it. The Patriots are working on this plan and it seems to work, and we've also seen the Eagles and Redskins approach this in a similar way (and it worked out pretty well for both of them in my view last season).

So yeah... in GENERAL, if a top tier QB who happened to drop is there... I take him. Because if you really want some of those other "randoms" we got, then you easily can by offering next year's fourth for this year's fourth. Teams are willing to trade for future picks in hopes you goof. That's what you do if you find a chance to get an extra guy. It's been done before. I'm one who has always found it wise to stockpile players that will continue to have value. QB's drafted in the mid-rounds are very low risk, because they don't get big money, and they are more likely to be an appreciating asset than a 4th round guard or special teamer tweener/DE/OLB type. Sorry... but backup QB's are a worthwhile risk, especially when they are one that many were talking about as the 2nd overall pick the previous year. He shows any type of flash and every team that realizes they blew it this year on getting a QB starts looking closer at him and wondering if he's the next RW. I like to gamble on draft picks though, and I'll be honest... I've picked quite a few good players over the year that the NFL "geniuses" plonked on. So I don't see it as a major risk to take a potential appreciating asset in the mid-rounds. I think it's good business.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm
  • Portis unfortunately brought this upon himself. He had been brought back in the hopes some lessons were learned by him after he missed the team bus in Miami last year, apparently he failed to take the message sent to him. This marginal DUI case was enough to take him to the tipping point with the team. Too bad b/c I thought he had some potential to become at worst a reasonable quality career NFL backup. he will need to try elsewhere and perhaps will find himself back with another CFL team in the short term.

I have to say I was a bit surprised the team didn't draft a developmental QB this draft as the team had lots of draft picks to use. However, maybe Jerron Johnson is a better prospect than the team could have got in the later rounds of the draft.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Seattle will be sporting a Johnson this year.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 21, 2013 2:11 pm
  • Don't we already have at least one?
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 4:35 pm
  • I wonder what that girl who Portis had in the passenger seat is saying now, now that Portis is no longer a Seahawk?

I think it was wise that your FO sent a message like this to the rest of your team. It's not like it mattered much to your roster talent wise anyways.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I wonder what that girl who Portis had in the passenger seat is saying now, now that Portis is no longer a Seahawk?

I think it was wise that your FO sent a message like this to the rest of your team. It's not like it mattered much to your roster talent wise anyways.

Dude, you can't keep coming on here saying reasonable things.

I mean, you're a niner fan. I'm pretty certain we have rules against this.
    HawkHack
    NET Rookie

Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I wonder what that girl who Portis had in the passenger seat is saying now, now that Portis is no longer a Seahawk?

It doesn't matter what the girls say. That's why the 9ers signed Perrish Cox.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 pm
  • I want to express my gratitude to Josh and wish him the best of luck. I hope he continues to pursue his goals. Hopefully another team in the NFL will sign him soon. If not, he's shown that he is a good person and one heck of an athlete. We all make mistakes. Josh, you're a great football player and a great leader. You have the skillset and the intangibles to take you to great heights. Build off of this; use it as your motivation to better yourself and come back even better than you were before, whether it's on the football field or not. You're going to have a very successful career and life. Embrace these moments, no matter how trying they are. They build character and toughness. Don't let one mistake get you down and don't let the negative thoughts, whether they are your own thoughts or someone else's, deter you. You know that you are a successful person. I know it too. Keep yourself calm and focused and you'll see that there are no limits to that success. Once you reach greatness, which you will, share that greatness with the people you love. Good things will happen for you.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am
  • HawkHack wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I wonder what that girl who Portis had in the passenger seat is saying now, now that Portis is no longer a Seahawk?

Perhaps it is time for a paradigm shift? ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    HawkHack wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I wonder what that girl who Portis had in the passenger seat is saying now, now that Portis is no longer a Seahawk?

Perhaps it is time for a paradigm shift? ;)

It will take far more than you showing you can be reasonable in the offseason. I am a California girl born and bred straight from Martinez and spent the better part of my life up until 14 in the Bay Area then came back for college and years after. You don't fool me sir.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 2:12 am
  • Omahawk wrote:I want to express my gratitude to Josh and wish him the best of luck. I hope he continues to pursue his goals. Hopefully another team in the NFL will sign him soon. If not, he's shown that he is a good person and one heck of an athlete. We all make mistakes. Josh, you're a great football player and a great leader. You have the skillset and the intangibles to take you to great heights. Build off of this; use it as your motivation to better yourself and come back even better than you were before, whether it's on the football field or not. You're going to have a very successful career and life. Embrace these moments, no matter how trying they are. They build character and toughness. Don't let one mistake get you down and don't let the negative thoughts, whether they are your own thoughts or someone else's, deter you. You know that you are a successful person. I know it too. Keep yourself calm and focused and you'll see that there are no limits to that success. Once you reach greatness, which you will, share that greatness with the people you love. Good things will happen for you.

What the Hell?

Do you know something we don't?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Wed May 22, 2013 2:35 am
  • Omahawk wrote:I want to express my gratitude to Josh and wish him the best of luck. I hope he continues to pursue his goals. Hopefully another team in the NFL will sign him soon. If not, he's shown that he is a good person and one heck of an athlete. We all make mistakes. Josh, you're a great football player and a great leader. You have the skillset and the intangibles to take you to great heights. Build off of this; use it as your motivation to better yourself and come back even better than you were before, whether it's on the football field or not. You're going to have a very successful career and life. Embrace these moments, no matter how trying they are. They build character and toughness. Don't let one mistake get you down and don't let the negative thoughts, whether they are your own thoughts or someone else's, deter you. You know that you are a successful person. I know it too. Keep yourself calm and focused and you'll see that there are no limits to that success. Once you reach greatness, which you will, share that greatness with the people you love. Good things will happen for you.

Interesting that your stance on Bruce Irvin was completely different.
    FIRE CABLE!
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 5:04 am
  • The "greatness" of Portis.

Wow... didn't see that coming... from anyone.

Oh well. Looks like the bus has finally left the station and Josh isn't on it.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 am
  • pinksheets wrote:

It doesn't matter what the girls say. That's why the 9ers signed Perrish Cox.

HAHAHAHA! Didn't Crabtree get accused of sexual assault last season too? That girl must have said something...
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed May 22, 2013 5:35 am
  • You just knew this was coming. This gives the team a way to send a message to a guy that seemed well-liked by everyone (he always got a nice reception on the Real Rob Report, that's what I'm basing it on.)

I'm all about second chances in life, which is why I'm still in Bruce' corner 100%. Third and fourth chances though? Nah. When that happens that's when Pete Carroll will have truly lost control of the ship. When we've REALLY become like the Raiders of old or the Bengals of now.

This ain't a damn fairy tale, this is the NFL. Things like this are going to happen. Especially when you take chances on players with "questionable character" or off-the-field issues that most teams don't take. Hell, even then teams that try their hardest to avoid bad character guys still end up going through things similar to this, in one form or another. Even Tim Ruskell's Choir Boys (Registered trademark of Scottemojo) went through some unfortunate off-the-field stuff, see Lofa Tatupu's DUI. Lofa was, and is still, an excellent individual and an even better Seahawk. He'll always be remembered as a great. However, he's still got one tragic flaw that we all do. He's human.

Pete is a good molder and mentor, especially for troubled youth (cue Niners fan with a trolling comment about cheating), but he's not God, although some of you (maybe even myself) would disagree with that. Seriously though, every single one of those players in the locker room thinks and feels for themselves. I'm sure Pete has told these guys a million times about what they probably SHOULD and SHOULDN'T do, but he can't force them to do anything. At the end of the day, we as people usually learn most when we experience a situation for ourselves. Like the parent telling the kid not to touch the stove because they'll get burned, or not to play with the electrical sockets because they'll get zapped, sometimes we toe the line as people even though we know we shouldn't.

At the end of the day, I'm with the crowd that thinks no one will remember this by September. I believe that this will have no bearing on the play ON-THE-FIELD of the Seattle Seahawks, just like it didn't when Brandon Browner got suspended. Sometimes fans and the media (all the time actually) tend to make a bigger deal out of things than they really are. I think this is one of those times.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 am
  • Darn it Josh. Screwing up a good thing yet again. Roster fringe guys don't get to live the party life.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:If he gives preseason defenses the slip then you must acquit!

It was your quote in the other thread that doomed Portis. Couldn't even rhyme... how the hell is that going to get him off?
    Got anything that rhymes? His entire defense is on you.
    Maybe:
    "If he makes preseason defenses suck hind tit, you must acquit!"
    OK, so he'd be screwed even worse, unless the trial got moved to rural Pierce county with juries of hog farmers and puppy mill breeders.
    "Busted play on the pitch, ya gotta make him your bitch" Oops, that was for the prosecution.

I'm just upset because Kearly read my mind 2 days early. Dude has gone Chuck Norris on us. I'm a Jerrod Johnson fan, I think he'll be the #2 this season, and Brady Quinn will be lucky to stick around as #3. Portis was gone, gone, gone no matter what. The DUI just made a convenient excuse not to drag it out. Maybe Portis can shuffle off to Buffalo and have a shot there.

All I can think of is just how DUMB it was of Portis to get in this kind of position, and no way in hell that kind of judgment fits on a player that needs to be a team leader by example. Why didn't Portis just have her drive? or call a friend? or a taxi? Because he thinks he's indestructible, above the law, won't happen to him. Just dumb.

Interesting about the girl with him trying to pull the Seahawks/celebrity get-out-of-jail-free card. Just shows the type of person Portis is having around him in his personal life. She's apparently around him 'cause he's a pro athlete, and she thinks it makes him, and her, by association, "special" and "above the law". That's what her words show. And she's dumb as a box of rocks too, for not realizing that playing that card is the stupidest thing she could possibly do, the one thing guaranteed to get Portis busted. Josh, you gotta get SMART girlfriends dude; a SMART girlfriend would have kicked your ass over driving drunk and done her damndest to keep you from doing it in the first place, and sure as hell wouldn't have ghetto-mouthed-off to a cop.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 am
  • Its been a long time coming, and this incident was just the latest in a string, and finally the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. Truth be told, Portis was never an NFL starter. And a fringe backup prospect at best. Now he's done. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the snaps/minutes of gametime/preseason possibilities invested in the next man up, Jerrod Johnson instead of rehashing Portis again.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information