Avril hurt

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

We were injury free last season for the most part but they seem to be piling up early in the offseason starting with Scruggs .

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3my3uzut said:
Avril has a plantar fascia which seems almost common among our players ( Red , Miller ).

We were injury free last season for the most part but they seem to be piling up early in the offseason starting with Scruggs .

Its May, football starts in September.

Hawks46

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2ybnreh7 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2ybnreh7 said:

Its May, football starts in September.

Sadly, it is May. Which means there hasn't even been contact yet. It looks like DE will be "that position" this year.

In other years, it's been the OL. In 2007, it was WRs. Sometimes a group of guys is just snakebitten for whatever reason.

MeenReen

Reaction score
Luckily, DE isn't really a position where you need a ton of reps in a new system and need to built serious rapport with those around you.

I actually have had plantar fasciitis right now. I'm only 28 and it came out of nowhere about 3.5 weeks ago. This shit sucks and I can't imagine having to run on it. I got a cortisone shot and I was pain free for about three days, but it came right back as bad as ever. I think he will have plenty of time to care for it and make it a non-issue but we definitely need him to start off the season 100%.

nfcwizard

Reaction score
I have when they say its just needs a few weeks to heal, hell didn't Antonio Gates have that? Dude was playing injured all year last season.. damn.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I have it in both feet. Much worse on the left. There is different degrees of pain depending on the severity.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MeenReen":2w782klr said:
I actually have had plantar fasciitis right now. I'm only 28 and it came out of nowhere about 3.5 weeks ago. This shit sucks and I can't imagine having to run on it. I got a cortisone shot and I was pain free for about three days, but it came right back as bad as ever. I think he will have plenty of time to care for it and make it a non-issue but we definitely need him to start off the season 100%.
I had a really bad case of it six years ago. I couldn't walk at all in the mornings when I first woke up, had to crawl around on my hands and knees for the first 10 minutes or so. I got referred to a physical therapist, and he treated me with a technique called "scraping." It hurt like blazes when he was doing it, but that sh*t worked! Over the course of two or three months of therapy it went away, and I haven't had a problem with it since.

/hijack

Basis4day

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1kh6byg0 said:
Didn't miller have issues with it also last year?

I think something needs to be clarified for people. Everyone has a plantar fascia. It's tissue at the bottom of the foot.

Red Bryant had/has Plantar fasciitis, which is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia.

The reports were that Zach Miller tore his plantar fascia. He did not have plantar fasciitis.

Reports about Avril are that he injured his plantar fascia. Reports don't say he has Plantar fasciitis.

Red's issue affect the same area of the body, but are not the same thing as Miller or Avril.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2p06l0bm said:
I have heard that this is something that doesn't just go away from people I know with it now. Heard some people still feel the effects years after the initial injury, and they aren't playing football either.

I guess he will just get a shot before every game and play through it. With the potential of causing further injury posting up against 300lb dudes...talk about a big question mark.

How do you guys feel about his ability to play all 16 games this season with this?

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NinerLifer":25wszubr said:

Some athletes can still function at a very high level with it. Joakim Noah of the CHicago Bulls has it, and he just completed one of his best seasons and was playing at a high level in the playoffs.

Our TE Miller has it, and he played through pain in the Atlanta game and had his best game as a Seahawk.

It's not a death sentence even though most guys who have it will have to deal with it forever.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":32ayzld8 said:
NinerLifer":32ayzld8 said:

Some athletes can still function at a very high level with it. Joakim Noah of the CHicago Bulls has it, and he just completed one of his best seasons and was playing at a high level in the playoffs.

Our TE Miller has it, and he played through pain in the Atlanta game and had his best game as a Seahawk.

It's not a death sentence even though most guys who have it will have to deal with it forever.

Miller and Avril injured their plantar fascia. Noah and Red have/had plantar fasciitis. Different injuries/conditions.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3jd47dry said:
NinerLifer":3jd47dry said:

He doesn't have Plantar fasciitis, which is a chronic condition. He has a plantar fascia injury. Although I suspect accuracy was the least of your concerns in posting.

Has anybody specified what the injury actually is???

chihawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":qqci8a4l said:

Plantar fascia is not only common among our players. It is common among human beings. Plantar fascia is the thick connective tissue (fascia) which supports the arch on the bottom (plantar side) of the foot.

I guess the question is what type of injury he has to his plantar fascia.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps the deals for the 2 DEs Bennett (rotator cuff) and Avril (plantar fascia) were not such good deals after all?

Something earlier thought to be an incredible strength may now turn into a lot less.

However, there is lots of time still until the season begins for Avril to heal up.