Let's Talk Mariners

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":38vf7pan said:
4 game sweep by the Tribe........Defense and bullpen killed us.

just a sad sad 4 games. should have been no worse than 2-2

amill87

Reaction score
They looked like they were finally going to turn a corner and become a .500 club. Hopefully they can move on from this bizarre series and not let it derail their season now.

The Outfield

Reaction score
We could really, really use Stephen Pryor and Josh Kinney returning from the DL :\

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":31h9bqbv said:
So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

Man i wish i could say i hadn't seen this before. Get to within a game of .500 this early in the season and then *poof* 4-5-6 game losing streak.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I just don't think we'll get much of anywhere until we can get our bottom 3 starting pitchers to not give up 4-5+ runs a game. Obviously our top 2 pitchers aren't going to be perfect every outing. We need the other pitchers to fill in the gap.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Wow the bartender really chocked this game away.... had the game in his glove and dropped it

The Outfield

Reaction score
The umps in the last two games were really squeezing our pitchers. Tom threw several strikes that were practically in the middle of the plate and were called balls. I wonder if the Indians have some sort of umpire fund going on.

hawker84

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ys7iymx said:
So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

LOL..

I'm only laughing to help ease the pain and dispair that's associated with being a life long Seattle Mariner fan..

Lithium

Reaction score
yeah, it feels like we went from possible contention to season over in a week lol

do we really have no better options than Aaron Harang? just call up one of our supposedly good prospects and give them a shot, cant be any worse.

DHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1x8xh6zg said:
hawksfansinceday1":1x8xh6zg said:

LOL..

I'm only laughing to help ease the pain and dispair that's associated with being a life long Seattle Mariner fan..

Yup. Saaaame here.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":38ye6kac said:
hawksfansinceday1":38ye6kac said:

Man i wish i could say i hadn't seen this before. Get to within a game of .500 this early in the season and then *poof* 4-5-6 game losing streak.

Never fails :34853_doh:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2r4ash5f said:
400WattHPSHawk":2r4ash5f said:
hawksfansinceday1":2r4ash5f said:

Never fails :34853_doh:
2 more to the Angels and now 6 losses in a row. This season's collapse is in full swing. Same old Mariners......get close to .500 and go on a long losing streak to relieve the pressure of actually being decent.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well another Mariners season come and gone, at least we have OTA's to talk about, but I seen this coming before April since we didn't see any stand out improvement from last year and insert another player in a lineup and let him get his feet wet was still the mantra of the organazation.

Hawker

Reaction score
It wouldn't be so damn depressing if Texas wasn't - yet again - leading the league in wins. 10 games back and nearly June is a big hole to climb out of.

Good news? The A's and Angels have had their fair share of lowlights this season, same as us. The battle for 2nd place ensues and I still have some faint hope...