NOS4A2

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
NOS4A2
Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am
  • Check out what just showed up on my doorstep! Seriously thought about putting this in the Shack's "things that are awesome" thread, 'cause it is. So yea, guess what will be taking my attention away from the draft this weekend. It'll hit bookshelves on the 30th if you want to get it, which I highly recommend. Joe's a great author, one of the best horror writers today. He's also going to be at the U-Dub bookstore for a signing on May 18, for those interested.

World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Re: NOS4A2
Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 pm
  • I'll just mention for anyone that wants the book signed; but can't make the signing. That specific UW bookstore (them main one in Seattle) usually gets some signed books and puts them on the shelf(face value). Just look for the gold sticker. I've gotten some signed Niven, Bear and a Pournelle book that way.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:56 pm
  • SmokeyHawk wrote:I'll just mention for anyone that wants the book signed; but can't make the signing. That specific UW bookstore (them main one in Seattle) usually gets some signed books and puts them on the shelf(face value). Just look for the gold sticker. I've gotten some signed Niven, Bear and a Pournelle book that way.

-SH

What if we can't make the signing due to being half a country away?
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 pm
  • Joe's doing a whole tour of signings, most being in the NE as I recall. Dunno about signings in your area, but you can look it up. As I remember, you can also pre-order a signed copy from one of the bookstores in his area and have it shipped to you.

Edit: Here's the list of tour dates. Mostly back east, but will be in Portland on May 17, and Seattle on May 18.

And Here's the NY Times review. Yep. It's a good one.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 pm
  • The book hit shelves today, for those interested in it. Dayum is it good, too!
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu May 02, 2013 6:29 pm
  • Just happened to notice a crapload of them at Costco when I popped in to get a car battery. (That there's a good store. Auto maintenance and Horror fiction.)

Didn't get, do want. Kindle.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu May 02, 2013 8:01 pm
  • TravTex wrote:Just happened to notice a crapload of them at Costco when I popped in to get a car battery. (That there's a good store. Auto maintenance and Horror fiction.)

Didn't get, do want. Kindle.

I highly recommend it, mate. It's a great book. Has much more a feel of Stephen King's really good stuff, after he got good, and before he started going downhill. Joe's a really talented writer, and it definitely shows in this book. And it's got a bit o' the ol' hat tip and ties to the Dark Tower series, as well as a few other alternate worlds.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat May 18, 2013 7:25 pm
  • Had a great time. Joe's the consummate professional, with a great mix of humor and seriousness. Thought I'd share the pics here.

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information