NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1jt4hx22 said:
CANHawk":1jt4hx22 said:
Hawkfan77":1jt4hx22 said:
WOW, Puckett just tweeted out that the Sac group consists of 35 owners! RIDICULOUS! Nice job NBA...really nice job

Yeah, I'm one of the owners. I just bought a 1/35th share of the Kings off eBay for a hundo.
A hundo? I bet Vivek and KJ sat at their computers clicking away to up the bid to get it that high

Yeah, it's worth it though. I'm in the club now, so I'm going to buy the Lakers and move them to Vancouver in a few years... :th2thumbs:

cesame

Reaction score
Killa Kam":3lnwmca5 said:
RT @ChrisMannixSI Sources also say that hedge fund manager Chris Hansen will not file any lawsuits in relation 2 the Kings/Seattle situation
League sources say owners offered to pay Hansen-Ballmer group the $30 million non-refundable deposit they paid the Maloofs. They declined
As of late last night, I was told the Sea group was still "bargaining" with NBA. For what I don't know Could explain last tweets from Mannix
from Softy's twitter

Hope this bargaining leads to an expansion in the next few years

Expansion is the last thing the NBA needs

chris98251

Reaction score
No reason not to expand the league, Ved has stated and I have that the world is more into Basketball then ever before, it's not just an Americans game now and their is talent to be had not just withing our borders but the world. You can't tell me that adding two teams will delute that pool when you have argueably more talent then teams now compared to the 70's / 80/s / 90's. If your arguement is that we may not have enough Kobe's or La Brons or Durants thats weak since those player types are and always have been rare. As I stated in another thread, a good team can beat a group of guys that play one on one any day if they work together and play defense.

Yes thats an old school thought, but the Grizz are doing pretty well with it, Nate McMillian did well with it his time here in Seattle as a coach till he got the rug pulled from under him. It takes a good front office and coach to put that style of team together also. Celtics used that philosophy for years after Russell retired. They became legendary because of team work and playing together and busting their tales every night.

CANHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2wrivkev said:
No reason not to expand the league, Ved has stated and I have that the world is more into Basketball then ever before, it's not just an Americans game now and their is talent to be had not just withing our borders but the world. You can't tell me that adding two teams will delute that pool when you have argueably more talent then teams now compared to the 70's / 80/s / 90's. If your arguement is that we may not have enough Kobe's or La Brons or Durants thats weak since those player types are and always have been rare. As I stated in another thread, a good team can beat a group of guys that play one on one any day if they work together and play defense.

Yes thats an old school thought, but the Grizz are doing pretty well with it, Nate McMillian did well with it his time here in Seattle as a coach till he got the rug pulled from under him. It takes a good front office and coach to put that style of team together also. Celtics used that philosophy for years after Russell retired. They became legendary because of team work and playing together and busting their tales every night.

Team basketball? Coaches who actually make schemes and gameplans? What an odd concept...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I know there is some pissyness with the debate here, understandable as we are all irritated by the actions of Stern and the NBA. Are we not allowed to trust Hansen and Ballmer but NOT trust the NBA???? .....because that's where I'm sitting at right now, that's why I feel not sueing is a mistake!

DHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mwi2o2w said:
I know there is some pissyness with the debate here, understandable as we are all irritated by the actions of Stern and the NBA. Are we not allowed to trust Hansen and Ballmer but NOT trust the NBA???? .....because that's where I'm sitting at right now, that's why I feel not sueing is a mistake!

Yeah, I don't know if its because I'm pissed but I feel like its just them gettin' on their knees and begging like they want us to.

CANHawk

Reaction score
DHawk":1wk1ugcf said:
Sports Hernia":1wk1ugcf said:

Yeah, I don't know if its because I'm pissed but I feel like its just them gettin' on their knees and begging like they want us to.

Naw, it's just business. There's a way to play the game. There's a time to play nice and a time to go nuclear. everyone in the HBN group are successful businessmen who know how to get deals done. This group has the ultimate "good cop/bad cop" set up with Hansen and Ballmer and there is a time and a place for each. Much like we trust that John Schneider is making the right choice when he picks that guy we've never heard of, we have to trust that HBN are making the right choice to play nice at this juncture instead of scorching the countryside. I think the NBA knows that Ballmer is like a frothing rabid dog on the end of a chain, so they'd rather keep playing the nice guy act with Hansen Less they need to deal with the dog.

This will get done. There's likely a few more layers of song and dance to go through, but it'll get done... I get the feeling that seeing Hansen out front is a good thing. If Ballmer is the one repping the group, things are going south.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CANHawk":1u8arg49 said:
DHawk":1u8arg49 said:
Sports Hernia":1u8arg49 said:

Naw, it's just business. There's a way to play the game. There's a time to play nice and a time to go nuclear. everyone in the HBN group are successful businessmen who know how to get deals done. This group has the ultimate "good cop/bad cop" set up with Hansen and Ballmer and there is a time and a place for each. Much like we trust that John Schneider is making the right choice when he picks that guy we've never heard of, we have to trust that HBN are making the right choice to play nice at this juncture instead of scorching the countryside. I think the NBA knows that Ballmer is like a frothing rabid dog on the end of a chain, so they'd rather keep playing the nice guy act with Hansen Less they need to deal with the dog.

This will get done. There's likely a few more layers of song and dance to go through, but it'll get done... I get the feeling that seeing Hansen out front is a good thing. If Ballmer is the one repping the group, things are going south.
I really hope you right, I just dont have the patience anymore!

pinksheets

Reaction score
I always thought Hansen and Ballmer had more of a good cop/Maniac Cop thing going on.

Maniac Cop 001

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
No one watches Leno so this one slipped by me

Phil Jackson is promoting his new book and is asked about Seattle/Kings relocation stuff. Says Hansen is a great person, would be great for the league and that Seattle is a terrific NBA city that needs a team (insinuates he would have taken FO job). Says he won't be a part of Sac. He then says he likes Sacramento, but not that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnkYjFRYk8M

Seattle around 4 minute mark.

Subzero717

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2bfyeezm said:
No one watches Leno so this one slipped by me

Phil Jackson is promoting his new book and is asked about Seattle/Kings relocation stuff. Says Hansen is a great person, would be great for the league and that Seattle is a terrific NBA city that needs a team (insinuates he would have taken FO job). Says he won't be a part of Sac. He then says he likes Sacramento, but not that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnkYjFRYk8M

Seattle around 4 minute mark.

He called Sacramento a cow town back in that year when the Kings and Lakers were rivals. Didn't say anything inaccurate. I doubt the folks in Sac have forgotten that jab.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Ugh, the phil jackson stuff is just salt in the wound. I really hate stern

Msfann

Reaction score
I hate the team and it's owner but I really hope nobody was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.