EPL 2012-2013

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":t13vti38 said:
Wee Wigan. Brilliant.

Mancini is surely out now. Who'll replace him?

The rumours here are that an agreement was reached earlier in the week with Malaga's mabager Pellegrini.

It'll be interesting now to see if Wigan can stay up. Playing in Europe and the championship would be even tougher than Europe and the Premier League, I think, seeing as they already play twice a week in the Championship.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I think you might be right. I haven't seen any mention of Wigan attaining a European place in any of the write ups.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Nothing but pride points on the line for Liverpool tomorrow. Would like to see our little unbeaten streak continue into next campaign.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Seeing as people were in the dark about this, I looked it up. The winners of the FA Cup, in this case Wigan, are guaranteed a place in the Europa League Group Stage.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":3jzci11p said:
Boss level performance from Sturridge today. 7 game unbeaten streak.

even better today. All three goals a lovely bit of skill....

We need to discuss Coutinho. the kid is absolutely ridiculous in finding that penetrating pass. Wasnt perfect yesterday, but even on days when he's not controlling play, tucked underneath Sturridge, Suarez and (insert player here: Downing, Assaidi, Sterling, Borini, new guy) his ability to spot a through ball is fantastic

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Love to see you coming around to Henderson peaches. Hes made another brilliant ball from the deep position yesterday to spring Sturridge. Flew three against Everton to gash them, handful more in the past few weeks. Hes defending well (not quite Lucas) but his passing out of the deep areas sets him apart. I think your central three is Coutinho with Gerrard and Henderson behind. Sterling and Suso (and Allen and Shelvey) will be mainstays on the team next season, but we will need another wide player of talent to challenge top 4. Borini maybe, but i'd like to see some pace and trickery. Would love Julian Draxlar. but there are a handful of wide talents in the Bundesliga.

Wisdom looked a revelation yesterday as a CB in a flat 3 system. Could be ready to replace Carragher

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It's all change in Manchester. In the week's least surprising news, Mankini has been sacked by City (accoring to SSN)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Wigan have joined QPR and Reading as the 3 relegation doomed clubs as Arsenal exploded in the second half, scoring 3 goals in 8 minutes en route to a 4-1 win that brings Arsenal back up to 4th and leads to an intriguing final day in which Arsenal can finish 3rd 4th or 5th depending on the results of theirs and Chelsea and Spurs matches. As for the other 2 clubs, Chelsea must win to guarantee 3rd place for them and Spurs need to win and Arsenal to lose to finish 4th as a Spurs draw vs Sunderland would do them nothing.

As for Wigan, I do feel hard done that we had to be the ones to end Wigan's EPL run, but it had to be done in order for Arsenal to maintain control of their European fate. I do hope Wigan do return to the EPL in 2014-15 season as they are a good club and among the English clubs I don't hate, nor would have a reason to.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
I want Arsenal to get 4th just cause one of the Spurs supporters at the pub I go to is a loudmouth deplorable F head and I wish him harm.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":251gbu0v said:
I want Arsenal to get 4th just cause one of the Spurs supporters at the pub I go to is a loudmouth deplorable F head and I wish him harm.

At first I thought you were talking about Hawkspur, but then I remember he's not much of a loudmouth and he's not that deplorable.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I may sound a bit arrogant about this but here are 3 tweets I made before yesterday's Arsenal-Wigan match, predicting the outcome.

Tweet1 zps1fc62436
Tweet2 zps3567fdb3
Tweet3 zpscb325a4c

Almost perfect except that Podolski had a brace and not Walcott. I should have placed a bet on this game.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
This is for ISWT and Si, do you agree?

[youtube]7sjvuBWJ_1o[/youtube]

and for the fun of it, here's an Arsenal version

[youtube]MYxrzsGLzMg[/youtube]

Latest posts