Final season of The Office

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Final season of The Office
Thu May 02, 2013 10:01 pm
  • I'm not sure if I am in the minority, but I've really liked how Greg Daniels has closed the book on the show. They introduced issues into Jim/Pam's life which hadn't really happened since season 3 and are doing a great job closing every characters arcs. This show has been one of my favorites since I was in high school and even though it has lost some of its shine, still ranks up there with Scrubs for me. I can't believe it'll be 9 years when it ends on May 16th.

For those who stopped watching, rumors are Steve Carell will be in one of the last two episodes before it's officially over, so if you liked it while he was there, I suggest watching it to get some closure for his character and the great show it once was. The last few episodes have been very reminiscent of the early season because Greg Daniels has brought back his original crew of directors/writers to close the show out.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Re: Final season of The Office
Fri May 03, 2013 12:41 am
  • Tonight was very very good.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 03, 2013 3:25 am
  • Gonna suck when it ends, shows been awesome all the way through.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri May 03, 2013 4:09 am
  • Jumped shark about 3 seasons ago.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri May 03, 2013 6:30 am
  • I have been enjoying it as well. They're adding a lot more drama than they have in other seasons, and at times it's been hard to watch. Not in a bad way. I just mean that the actors/writers have done a pretty decent job of making you feel bad for the characters. Specifically the Jim/Pam turbulence and now the downward spiral of the bitchy blonde.
    I read that Steve Carell will NOT be back. He said that his character already had his goodbye and he doesn't want to overshadow the rest of the cast. I read it on the internet, so you KNOW it's 100% true!
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 am
  • I stopped watching last season... when are the last two episodes going to be on? Think I'll tune in for those.

Edit:
    Thursday, May 16 at 9/8c, NBC announced Thursday.
    Last edited by twisted_steel2 on Fri May 03, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri May 03, 2013 7:37 am
  • Great show.. Funny that the British version had a whole 13 episodes to the series and ours lasted so long..

I still have a Shrute buck..
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

Fri May 03, 2013 8:51 am
  • Personally, I've hated the contrived drama between Jim and Pam. I'm watching it to see what they do at the end, but it feels like they've lost touch with the humor of working in an office awhile ago. It's really a stark contrast to Parks and Recreation which has just been getting better and better.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri May 03, 2013 10:00 am
  • Parks and recreation really did become funnier
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri May 03, 2013 12:11 pm
  • I agree with most who feel the show lost way too much after Michael left. I tried to stick with it after that but lost interest.

The first 3-4 seasons, however, were some of the best TV of all time.
    * NET Staff *

Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Yes we all know the office was in decline after Micheal, but watch the last few episodes especially last night if you ever liked the office. Excellent TV.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 pm
  • That is how you end a TV series. What a perfect final 'that's what she said.' The final three episodes were some of the best television I've ever seen. Greg Daniels I hope you can keep the magic going with Parks and Rec because Thursday nights wont be the same.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm
  • This may sound ridiculous, but this show had a very large impact on my life. I watched it with a group of friends that I was super close with for all of junior high and high school. Since then the group has disbanded but I always associated
    The show with that time in my life. They used a quote tonight which went "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ole days before you've left them." Perfectly how I viewed that time and with the show over it kind of gave me closure.

Amazing show, amazing finale, and I'll truly miss it. I apologize for how ridiculous this post/rant was. Wanted to share.
    Matticus
    NET Rookie

Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Man, I had trouble keeping it together just during Michael's farewell episode (Jim and Michael's scene was a glorious moment in television). I haven't been keeping up with the show as much since, but I'm not sure I'd even be able to watch the finale. The show is a comedy first and foremost, sure, but when they wanna to pull your heartstrings, they really know just where to hit you. :cry:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Fri May 17, 2013 8:49 am
  • Great show. Great finale. The last 'that's what she said' brought a tear to my eye. Sad to see it go but happy it went out with such a great swan song.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

Fri May 17, 2013 11:08 am
  • Shoot, I haven't even been paying attention since Michael left and totally missed the finale. Have to see if I can get it on-line or something cuz you guys are making out like it was pretty good.

...if it sucks, I'll be back to flame all of you. ;)
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information