Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":2lkjjmei said:
Blitzer88":2lkjjmei said:
Shaz":2lkjjmei said:
That doesn't mean the NBA is dead to us for a long time there Blitz

I don't want to wait 10-15 years to get another NBA team. And "IF" we do get expansion I think that is the earliest we can possibly get one. Silver is just Stern 2.0.

MOU is only good for 5 years, the NBA knows this, 10-15 years is unrealistic, bruh.

If you were sitting there worrying about the Kings still, you're worrying about the wrong things.
Mayoral elections happening in November, MOU is not binding, it can be squashed

Msfann

Reaction score
So what happens to that non refundable 30 million dollars? I took that as the Seattle group would lose it if they backed out of the deal but if the Maloofs are then they should have to give it back. Seems a bit unfair but nothing with this has been fair.

30 million dollars is still a lo of money to piss away.

And if the Seattle group is being completely squeezed out now then screw it and start the lawsuits because of the binding agreements.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Can I say again that some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen?

Chris is going to get us a team, period.

Also, want to thank our visitors from Sacramento for just letting me enjoy Sacramento's inevitable collapse as an extremely entertaining sideshow for the next couple of years. I might be a spiteful man, but I'm going to feed off of the misery of your little hole in the Earth.

Msfann

Reaction score
pinksheets":3fpuwxsw said:

Also, want to thank our visitors from Sacramento for just letting me enjoy Sacramento's inevitable collapse as an extremely entertaining sideshow for the next couple of years. I might be a spiteful man, but I'm going to feed off of the misery of your little hole in the Earth.

Are you talking about my post? I was just asking a question.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Msfann":2d2344qw said:
pinksheets":2d2344qw said:

Nope. Just a general post for the absolute defeatists who think this is the end of everything. If Chris marches on, so do I. I believe in this guy, I believe in the Sonics, I believe in this state of the art building. It's going to happen, and the last thing we need is a bunch of people jumping off the train, but if they do, I'd really rather you stay off when Chris delivers.

Lawsuits aren't looking like they'll happen, but I don't consider the prospect as a pussy move, it's fighting on in another way.

Msfann

Reaction score
pinksheets":gb1zmuc6 said:
Msfann":gb1zmuc6 said:
pinksheets":gb1zmuc6 said:

Nope. Just a general post for the absolute defeatists who think this is the end of everything. If Chris marches on, so do I. I believe in this guy, I believe in the Sonics, I believe in this state of the art building. It's going to happen, and the last thing we need is a bunch of people jumping off the train, but if they do, I'd really rather you stay off when Chris delivers.

Lawsuits aren't looking like they'll happen, but I don't consider the prospect as a pussy move, it's fighting on in another way.

Fair enough, I guess I shouldn't give up yet. but that's not easy since we haven't had a single good thing go our way since they announced the sonics were sold. And David stern is a evil bitter old man with an obvious grudge against Seattle.

But I will continue my boycott of the nba until we get another team.

I still have faith in the Seattle group. Just not much in the nba.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Not a single good thing?

We had a very wealthy investment group come out with their passion project to bring the NBA back to Seattle.

We had our very difficult local political system go along with and endorse a plan for a state of the art, envelope pushing building (while Sacramento is getting some generic cookie cutter building).

We've had more victories than defeats with the Hansen group so far, and I find it hard to believe he just let go of all leverage he had in this situation for no reason. This guy offers concessions, but he gets to where he wants to be.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't see anything about the 7 percent in bankruptsy or the 20 percent that they were going to buy. All is quiet concerning this except the optimistic snippets from the sonicrising site thats been posted.

Coming away with nothing at all and no real big media splash after tells me that either Hansen has conceeded and is licking his teams wounds, or there is something else in the works that can't be let out of the bag. Losing something that has been so visable and talked about and not really having any major conference or retort about the sale to Sacramento just doesn't seem typical after the heavy commentary and aggressive action leading up to the meeting and the sale today.

This especially on the heals of Sterns opening statement that could only be taken as a shot which I doubt gets by Balmer or Hansen as a oopsie.

Msfann

Reaction score
I'm talking about from the nba, it's awesome we have this group from Seattle wanting to do anything to bring a team here. I meant the nba who has used us as its biatch to scare other teams into caving into arena demands.

Do I think we'll eventually get a team? Probably but I'm just a little worn own right now after being repeadly kicked in the teeth by the nba.

People need a little time to be upset and vent before they relax a bit and start to think about the big picture. So I wouldn't read too much into the bitter comments right now. :)

pinksheets

Reaction score
From what I can tell the 20% is over with. The Maloofs are selling to Vivek. The 7% is still in play, and no bidders stepped up besides Hansen. He could very well still buy that piece of the team.

I don't now if anybody was listening to Mitch at around 7:30am or so, but he brought up that the Seattle group was told that they'd need to commit to a timeline for an arena, and that if certain benchmarks were not met, the team would be sold back to the NBA, the Seattle group said hell to the no. I'm betting that the Sacramento group said "yes please stick it in whatever hole you want". I highly doubt the Kings are playing in Sacramento in 10 years, I doubt even more so that they're playing in an arena at the Downtown Plaza site. The current deal is absolute trash. Hansen may be waiting in the wings, watching this deal fall apart, and perhaps buying the team at that point or watching Vivek move the team elsewhere, who knows. Either way, I'm convinced that the Sacramento group have a very shaky deal based on what the NBA has requested. So either Sac loses the team or they bankrupt their city funding the only source of civic pride....because that city has literally zero to offer otherwise.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Forgive me for not reading all of this, been out of town dealing with a death in the family but in reading some of your responses, i am disappointed. We got ******. No two ways about it and some of you are seriously seeing what you want to see. Stern imposed his will and capitalism lost. Lets call this what it is, Seattle got bent over... Period.

Edit: and why should H/B/N even consider another go at this. The better plan lost. Good business is not the goal. Invest in something that makes money.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
RT @ChrisMannixSI Sources also say that hedge fund manager Chris Hansen will not file any lawsuits in relation 2 the Kings/Seattle situation
League sources say owners offered to pay Hansen-Ballmer group the $30 million non-refundable deposit they paid the Maloofs. They declined
As of late last night, I was told the Sea group was still "bargaining" with NBA. For what I don't know Could explain last tweets from Mannix
from Softy's twitter

Hope this bargaining leads to an expansion in the next few years

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":evix0s52 said:

This...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Killa Kam":36t292lq said:
RT @ChrisMannixSI Sources also say that hedge fund manager Chris Hansen will not file any lawsuits in relation 2 the Kings/Seattle situation
League sources say owners offered to pay Hansen-Ballmer group the $30 million non-refundable deposit they paid the Maloofs. They declined
As of late last night, I was told the Sea group was still "bargaining" with NBA. For what I don't know Could explain last tweets from Mannix
from Softy's twitter

All of this makes a whole lot of sense in light of what Tim Montemayor shared ...
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68646

Very expected, actually.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Killa Kam":1w7xy6f3 said:
from Softy's twitter

Very cool of the owners. Im sure it was Allen, Cuban, and some of the other good guys in the NBA.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
From everything I've read it sounds like the owners were in Hansen's corner going into the vote but Stern did some "arm twisting" and got them to vote against. Supposedly Stern was extremely active during the vote.

F that guy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
WOW, Puckett just tweeted out that the Sac group consists of 35 owners! RIDICULOUS! Nice job NBA...really nice job

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":aiyh3e78 said:
WOW, Puckett just tweeted out that the Sac group consists of 35 owners! RIDICULOUS! Nice job NBA...really nice job

Yeah, I'm one of the owners. I just bought a 1/35th share of the Kings off eBay for a hundo.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CANHawk":34be2dgn said:
Hawkfan77":34be2dgn said:

Yeah, I'm one of the owners. I just bought a 1/35th share of the Kings off eBay for a hundo.
A hundo? I bet Vivek and KJ sat at their computers clicking away to up the bid to get it that high

Status
Not open for further replies.