Let's Talk Mariners

The Outfield

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1o31g0tg said:
Looks like Noesi is facing his former team today after Harang was scratched due to a stiff back.

I really am not sure who is better or worse at this point lol.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The Outfield":3g8177vq said:
Smelly McUgly":3g8177vq said:
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.

Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.

Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":5rw74zob said:
The Outfield":5rw74zob said:
Smelly McUgly":5rw74zob said:
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.

Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.

You were. In fact, if you thought that, then you are not really a fan of the Mariners in the first place and just came in here to spout off some nonsense. Even a casual follower of the team would know that Andino was spelling Ryan.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":22upsz0t said:
The Outfield":22upsz0t said:
Smelly McUgly":22upsz0t said:

He was in for Ackley on Sunday and Tuesday. I don't recall seeing him in for Ackley for any other games. But I agree that starting Andino over Ackley would not be a wise move.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Uncle Si":umm6yjmp said:
Hawksfanatik":umm6yjmp said:
The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.

great story... compelling and rich

Heh, my wife and I, when watching TV with bad acting, will both say "powerful" as smartarse commentary after the poorly acted scene is over.

I like what you did here...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Why can't we use our designated batter for Ryan, and let the pitchers swing the bat? They're all better at the plate than Ryan, and that way we get his glove without the wet-noodle bat.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Does anyone know why both starters left before the 5th? Both seemed to be doing ok? Just got home :-/

m0ng0

Reaction score
3 of 4 from the Angels, 2 of 3 from the Orioles, 2 of 3 from the Blue Jays, a 1/1 split with the Pirates, 2 of 3 from the A's and 2 of 3 from the Yankees.

Not bad at all !

Happypuppy

Reaction score
m0ng0":jg9ke9hn said:
Does anyone know why both starters left before the 5th? Both seemed to be doing ok? Just got home :-/

I suspect it was pitch count. Both were in the 80s and another inning and they are over 100 in a long season. Felix is the only one that seems to be allowed to go over 100.

The thing that is concerning is the only ones that are hitting are the old guys. Look at the OBS for the young guys it is low in the 300s. They have to get them hitting

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":vmzlj9f0 said:
20-21 and 2nd place. Will we be able to get over that hump? Tough 4 game series against an improved Indians ball club coming up.

Should have had the sweep...

have to hand it to the manager.... really moving the lineup around a bit to get more quality at bats. Nice not to see the same 9 in their struggling.

Great job by Noesi and the bullpen

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Uncle Si":149j4t2v said:
400WattHPSHawk":149j4t2v said:
20-21 and 2nd place. Will we be able to get over that hump? Tough 4 game series against an improved Indians ball club coming up.

have to hand it to the manager.... really moving the lineup around a bit to get more quality at bats. Nice not to see the same 9 in their struggling.

They have to keep Morse in the five hole. He is something like 9-14 since moving into that role. Ridiculous.

The Outfield

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2sw6v33g said:
Uncle Si":2sw6v33g said:
400WattHPSHawk":2sw6v33g said:

They have to keep Morse in the five hole. He is something like 9-14 since moving into that role. Ridiculous.

I hope the Sea Beast can keep it up! I really enjoy watching him bat when he's on fire.

getnasty

Reaction score
The M's are funny. Nobody on that team consistanly hits (except Seager), but they always have a couple of guys that with swing it well for a couple days in a row. If they could just get a couple more guys (Ack, Saunders, Morse, Morales, Gutierezz) to hit and bring up on more pitcher, i think they can compete. Oh and if we're not gonna bring up Franklin, then we need to trade for a SS. I'm tired of hearing the guys on the radio telling me that Brendon Ryan is saving the team several runs per game with his defense.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Well, they did get to face our two shittiest pitchers the first couple of games and had to get late game heroics/bullpen collapses to win.

The Outfield

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":lg0vqvhf said:
Well, they did get to face our two shittiest pitchers the first couple of games and had to get late game heroics/bullpen collapses to win.

Yeah. I'm still MASSIVELY impressed with those back-to-back home runs in the top of the 9th by Ibanez and Smoak. That was really cool. Too bad nobody got on before them.