SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I think we split again in nearly the same fashion as last season, we just have a way of killing teams at home, granted its early in the season but I have a sneaking suspicion we pick up right where we left off, and we left off by putting an @$$ whupping to the 49ers and were 31 seconds away from the "get away game" in the playoffs. SF will be a tough cookie to crumble at home late though, that's really going to be the barometer for where we stand as a SB contender. Week2 is our home opener, the crowd will be fired up, the players will be fired up, the field might actually catch on fire...I could go on...

Giedi

Reaction score
NinerBuff":24ygeozo said:
hawker84":24ygeozo said:
That's hilarious..

why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?

ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:
I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I agree that Fisher is a good coach and may soon take over the #2 spot in the NFC west but I think it will be at the expense of the team that couldn't even beat them last year not the one that could.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Giedi":2poimmwx said:
NinerBuff":2poimmwx said:
hawker84":2poimmwx said:
That's hilarious..

why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?

ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:
I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.

The Rams will be as good as Sam Bradford, much like the Niners were going as far as Alex Smith brought them. I thought after his rookie year that he'd be a stalwart, but I haven't seen him improve since. It's a make/break season for him. Austin, Quick, and Cook will be his best receiving corp he's had. I just don't see it happening. I see another 8-8 season for the Rams.

Another way to say it... The game at St. Louis doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that it's a Thursday Night away game. Going into Seattle is a much more difficult challenge. The Niners have only won 2x since the Seahawks have come to the NFCW. We lost last year in St. Louis, but more because of a terrible pitch play and several missed FGs that would have won it for us. And we've won in St. Louis 5x since the new NFCW alignment.

Giedi

Reaction score
NinerBuff":2wj3ijml said:
Giedi":2wj3ijml said:
NinerBuff":2wj3ijml said:

The Rams will be as good as Sam Bradford, much like the Niners were going as far as Alex Smith brought them. I thought after his rookie year that he'd be a stalwart, but I haven't seen him improve since. It's a make/break season for him. Austin, Quick, and Cook will be his best receiving corp he's had. I just don't see it happening. I see another 8-8 season for the Rams.

Another way to say it... The game at St. Louis doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that it's a Thursday Night away game. Going into Seattle is a much more difficult challenge. The Niners have only won 2x since the Seahawks have come to the NFCW. We lost last year in St. Louis, but more because of a terrible pitch play and several missed FGs that would have won it for us. And we've won in St. Louis 5x since the new NFCW alignment.

The problem I see for the 49ers is that the Rams and the ' Hawks have good defensive coaches. A lot of the 49er offense is deception and misdirection, and these coaches play the 49ers twice a year so that second game becomes a knife fight in a telephone booth. If the 49ers are not up to speed on that second game. It doesn't matter where it's played, it will be a loss. The rams have an up and comming explosive offense with Tavon comming on board, and seattle has an exexplosive offense with harvin and Wilson teaming up. The 49er defense will be tested this year. If the 49ers are fortunate enough to make it into the playoffs as division champion, they will be well set to make a superbowl run after having faced some of the better offenses and defenses in the regular season.