2013 Adopt a Rookie thread

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
My pick is Jordan Hill i like his non-stop effort and his size is good for leverage to push the pocket. I also think he could develop into our base 3-tech putting a DT like Hill next to Avril or Irvin is going to be a nightmare for the blind side of the line alot of speed for the weakside to deal with.

I was gonna pick Jesse Williams i think he's a lock to make the team with his obvious run stuffing ability but i seen where he was used as a fullback which i thought was pretty cool and intresting in short yardage situations.

Bromers

Reaction score
Luke Willson - seems like a good dude and his pro day numbers are insane!

Hawks46

Reaction score
After watching videos of the rookie minicamp, I'm going with Jerrod Johnson.

Yup, he's a longshot, and his starting spot is definately filled, but I liked the way he can really huck the ball. Guy's got a cannon. I also liked how articulate and intelligent he sounded. When he talked about Russell, he mentioned work ethic as a top trait....if he works hard, I think he beats out Portis and makes the team...if we carry 3 QB's. Maybe PS if not, but he seemed comfortable out there and he's got the physical tools.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was all about Jesse Williams pre-draft and was kinda upset when we passed on him 3 times. So initially I jumped on Da Monster's bandwagon as my adopt a rookie. After watching some of the rookie camp interviews and reading about some of the guys I'm kinda wishing I'd have picked Chris Harper, there is something about him that just makes me think he will be very successful and his size and strength going against our CB's will be very fun to watch. I'll stick with J-Will, but I am rooting hard for Harper to make some noise and push Tate and Baldwin for playing time.

Uthawk

Reaction score
Luke Willson. I decided this when the thread was started, but never posted it because lurking is kind of my thing. But it popped up again and I'm feeling adventurous

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Jesse Williams. Been a fan of his since 2011. Kind of was the outlier in terms of banging his drum throughout the 2012 season on SDB. Absolutely thrilled that we picked him up.

He likely won't be the pass rusher that we needed. I can concede that much. But I love his brand of physicality and toughness. Those attributes are the currency of the day in the NFC West. I like him in a John Morgan/Brandon Mebane kind of way. I hope he sticks around for a good 8+ year run. At worst, he'll be the next Red Bryant.

Latest posts