NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":1f2do6lj said:
Sounds like George Maloof & David Stern have been chopping it up this morning.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 57s
Spotted in hotel lobby: NBA Commish David Stern and George Maloof having serious discussion. #NBAKings

Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler 13m
David stern and George Maloof have been chatting for quite a few minutes in a sitting area off the lobby. That's your mid morning update
I hoping George Maloof was telling Stern he is going to sue the bejesus out of him and the NBA if the team isn't sold to HBN and allow them to move to Seattle.

CANHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":36tyzohm said:
Blitzer88":36tyzohm said:
According to King 5 News Chris Hansen and Wally Walker were there to present, but no Steve Ballmer. That concerns me.

Didn't want him to go nuclear.

He is standing by at a press conference ready to announce Microsoft is pulling all their sponsorship of the NBA if the deal doesn't go through.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeaTown81":397ijt2b said:
Yoonhawk":397ijt2b said:
I think in order for this last-minute expansion rumor to be true, the NBA would have to guarantee in writing that it was going to occur, for two reasons: 1) we can't trust them after their "promises" made in 2008, and 2) only a written guarantee would allow the SEA group to begin construction on an arena. A vague promise or wink-wink deal would mean that they wouldn't be able to begin the construction process until became official.

Exactly. I highly doubt our guys would take any sort of wink-wink for an answer. It's give it in writing, or watch us fight for the Kings.
Nice to see you back Seatown! Keep fighting the good fight! :)

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
RealDeal":30zot4i3 said:
tdlabrie":30zot4i3 said:
Any news yet? ANYTHING!!

Yea trust our guys lol.
Go Sonics! :thirishdrinkers:

Sacramento presentation over. Kevin Johnson walked swiftly past reporters and did not talk.

EDIT: Reports coming out he smiled and said no comment.

:stirthepot:

edogg23

Reaction score
I know Mr. Allen is a very busy man, but I wish he would have showed up in person to lend some support to Seattle instead of sending someone in his place.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
edogg23":3lelh9xd said:
I know Mr. Allen is a very busy man, but I wish he would have showed up in person to lend some support to Seattle instead of sending someone in his place.

He sent the president of the Seahawks.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3cpxnuqi said:
edogg23":3cpxnuqi said:

He sent the president of the Seahawks.

McLaughlin?

mretrade

Reaction score
Any idea how long we will have to wait? Its almost 5 Eastern. I doubt we will get the vote we want but it will be very interesting to see how many voters Hansen has swayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.